Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 01:48 PM   #1

Need help tuning up moped scooter

I have a X-PRO Fiji 200 EFI Electronic Fuel Injection Scooter with 3k miles on it now. I have kept up on changing the oil every 300-500 miles, keep air cleaner cleaned, only use good mid grade gas (89). But lately it has started to run rough.

When I start it, it needs a few mins to warm up or it will stall when coming to a stop. when I let it idle I can smell a strong exhaust smell, like carbon, which I never smelt before\When it does stall it is hard to get started again, I have to hit the starter button and then give it a little gas to get going, only for it to stall again.

I noticed when I hit the kill switch and wait a few seconds, it will start like it should, but will still stall from time to time. I don't know if it needs a tune up, which I have no idea how to do, or maybe the computer is faulty or maybe a sensor?

If anyone has an idea what it might be or where I should look, before I start replacing parts.
Any help would be great thanks!

Last edited by lovs2build; Today at 01:53 PM. Reason: adding info

Old Today, 02:44 PM   #2

No check engine light? I'd check the spark plug for color and the plug cap to see that it's screwed on to the wire properly. I'd also check all the connectors for good contact on the pins, and check that the engine temperature sensor wire is in good shape.

Old Today, 03:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
No check engine light? I'd check the spark plug for color and the plug cap to see that it's screwed on to the wire properly. I'd also check all the connectors for good contact on the pins, and check that the engine temperature sensor wire is in good shape.

Thanks for the reply!
No check engine light, I did replace the spark plug when this started, I thought that might have been it.

"check that the engine temperature sensor wire is in good shape"
where might I find that. I'm old school, not sure on these electroic stuff on bikes and cars.

Also do you know of somewhere I might be able to find more info, on how to service or tune this bike. It's so hard to find parts. I was able to find a muffler exhaust gasket on ebay so I know the type of engine it is, but beyond that I don't have a clue.

Thanks again!

Old Today, 05:37 PM   #4

Perhaps check your valves clearance before anything else. My thought…

Old Today, 05:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Perhaps check your valves clearance before anything else. My thought…
This is intermittent, I don't think it is my value clearance, why I thought it was a sensor or the computer, because resetting with the kill engine switch, seems to fix it, sometimes.