Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2024, 07:57 PM   #1

150cc maddog trike scooter won't start

I have a maddog 150cc trike scooter and it wouldn't start unless I kick started it. So I replaced it and still have the same issue although it would turn over after several attempts. I pulled the spark plug boot off and realized I lost my spark plug socket and when I tried to push it back on it wouldn't go on tight no matter how much I tried. So I was riding down the street and it came loose. When I looked at it the guts inside came out. I put it back on and on the way home it happened again. But this time it wouldn't start with the kick starter. I got another spark plug boot and spliced it on the wire and made sure the it fit snuggly on the plug and it still won't start. I'm wondering why. I bought a new cdi box and engine coil wire and new spark plug but I'm waiting to get someone to help me put it on. The scooter has a little over 1500 miles on it. What is the most likely cause. I'm hoping it's not the stator because that is a little too complicated for me to fix because I'm not very mechanically inclined. Please help its my only means of transportation. I also bought a brand new battery I installed before the guts came out of the spark plug boot.

Tags
150cc maddog trike