Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM   #1

Tbr7d Pennsylvania

Took my tbr7 MCO and bill of sale to a tag office and got turned away because it wasn't notarized. I had the understanding that if it was an out of state vehicle then it doesn't need to be notarized as long as BoS is presented.
Am I wrong or should I try a different tag office/DMV?
Or am I SOL with a useless bike?

Cheers

Old Today, 04:53 AM   #2

I thought that only applied to private sales with an out of State title issued in a previous owner's name?

A Manufacturer's Certiicate of Origin doesn't get notarized before a dealer hands it to you, and it is already signed, so a notary public can't witness the signature. I can't see how that person at the title office can possibly be correct.

I suggest that you find the place in the Pennsylvania instructions where it states the notary thing, or doesn't, and print that document. These instructions should be clearly stated on the motor vehicle department's website in the titling instructions section. As far as I know, new vehicles are treated differently than used vehicles. The original MCO and a bill of sale should be sufficient.

We also need to show proof of insurance and personal property tax receipts for the most recent two years to register and plate while applying for a title.