Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 12:27 PM   #1

CFMoto 450nk

Bought the CFMoto 450nk. One of the first high end Chinese bikes that have dealership support now.

Listed price was $4880 something. Came down to $7.1k out the door. Paid +2k on stealer fees. :(

The bike itself, like most Chinese bikes, is ridiculously undergeared.
It's got nice power. Still controlled, but Nothing that can get you in trouble (under 5k rpm). The power really builds from 5.5-6k rpm and up.

The gears also are ridiculously short geared.
It's a 6 speed, but I feel the bike only has 3 gears. 2, 4, and 6.
Once in 6th gear, I'm trying to find 7th and 8th gear that don't exist.

It also gets about 45-50mpg, which is stupendous.

From all performance metrics, this bike needs at the very minimum 25% higher gearing; but ideally 50% higher gearing.

The bike comes with a 15/41t sprocket setup.
I bought a 17t front sprocket, which if fits, will at least get 13% lower rpms, and a 13% boost in mpg.
There currently isn't any rear sprocket that fits, so my best option is buy a generic 38t rear sprocket ring, and drill the bolt pattern in the ring.
That would net me a 22% gear difference, and might increase mpg from 50 to 61MPG.

Still way too low.

The front handlebar is too far forward, and the risers are slanted, which means no aftermarket risers will fit.
The handlebars of the 700 might fit, but aren't available online yet.

Overall I'd not recommend CFMoto to anyone yet. I had better hopes for it, but feel ripped off. I would have been better getting a second hand Honda rebel 500 or something.

It'll take some time prepping the bike with upgrades,and doing the first 600 break in period, so ride reviews won't be out soon.

Old Today, 01:10 PM   #2

Close ratio gearing is a race bike trait. I had a 1976 Honda 400F supersport with a close ratio gearbox and redline of 10500 (as I remember). Lots of shifting, but it was fun to ride. Smooth as glass and seemingly unlimited revs !!!

If first is low enough on the 450mt, then gearing up on the sprockets won't hurt the off pavement performance too much (for those that actually want to go off pavement). For your purposes, it sounds like a tall first gear won't really matter since you are 99% on the pavement.

I think you will like the bike. CFmoto is trying to enter the mainstream market. I hope they succeed. the big Japanese brands need real competition, and Harley riders need a place to go