Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 08:00 PM   #16

Head Scratching

Hello,

I see you have all been have a good talk about my issue and then some of what should be done.

Well here is a some what update:
I have been riding the bike just the way it came in the box and yes I think the jets and the needle needs to be swapped out, if and or when that get here. It would seem my set had to take a trip around the US before passing my door (town) and go to the next town over then to be here the next day or so.

As well I need to look into why the carburetor is now puking fuel out of the bowl overflow tube and/or drain tube. This is happening when the bike is running and shut off. So (my suspicion is the float has sunk and has a hole in it) however it could be trash in there or who knows at this point.
&& to make matters a little bit worse I hear a weird rattle/tinging noise when I start hitting over 3000-4000 RPMs but after that it goes away and the sound seems to be coming from inside the transmission case or lower end.
yes I changed the original oil that came with it before starting to ride and I looked on the dipstick LVL is good and I do not see any silvery bits and the oil is not shiny but I will be draining it replacing it with a thicker oil like 10w40 due to I'm running 10w30 seeing to as that is what I had at the time on hand.

I will come back and update this post as time goes on and I get to work on the bike.

up-to-date pic of the bike: https://imgur.com/a/4SO61xO