Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ather1232002 View Post

Can you please share your experience of this engine in terms of performance, engine heating and reliability in comparison with your previous 250cc engine?

Also, I have tried to get actual HP/Torque numbers for this engine but every website is suggesting different numbers.
Like, Aj1 says 15.5KW(20HP), a manual shown in youtube video says 16KW(21HP), few sites says 24HP, few says 27 HP. So it is very much confusing.
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I had surgery and out of comission for a few weeks. In terms of heat, I haven’t had any heat problems. Reliability has been excellent thus far, however, my previous Hawk 250 engine was very reliable. I just wanted a little more power and a 6 speed tranny since I travel the highways frequently (55-65 mph) and need to be able to cruise at those speeds relatively easily for at least 30 minutes at a time.

As far as power rating/performance specs are concerned, my understanding is that a stock PR250 engine with a 2 valve head delivers @ 19 HP to the back wheel. The reason the numbers may be varying so much in the sources you’re looking at could be because there are not only 2 and 4 valve versions of the 250 version of this engine, but also 2 and 4 valve versions of the PR300. I have the PR300 with a 2 valve head, and I’m probably making @ 24HP. I could get the 4 valve head and push it to 27HP, but I really like the fuel economy the way it is right now and I don’t really need that extra power.

Old Today, 04:45 AM   #17

Tell me more about this PR300. Is it air cooled? Where do I get one? Have you swapped a PR300 into a carb'ed Hawk?

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin