Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2024, 05:50 PM   #1

Templar X Registration Guide (Arizona)

Looking at the results of these first few pages that go back a few years, I haven't seen a guide on how to register a Templar X in Arizona. I just registered mine today so I thought I would write up what I did for posterity. This is current as of July of 2024.

Things needed:

- MCO (manufacturers certificate of origin)

- Bill of Sale

- A form 96-0572 (Off-Highway Vehicle Decal Application)

Total Cost (with sales tax): $186

The MCO and Bill of Sale should be shipped to your mailing address when you first purchase the Templar X. I bought mine through https://www.powersportsmax.com/. If for some reason you end up getting the bike and NOT the paperwork, you can request another copy with powersportsmax. At the top of the site they have a link that says "MSO Title Request". You can submit all the information they request and then they will send you another copy of the MCO and Bill of Sale. If you want a direct link to that page here it is.

The Templar X MCO says that it is an off-road dirt bike (or off-road motorcycle, I can't remember now). The form 96-0572 is the form that allows you to register the motorcycle on road and also do your OHV registration at the same time. If you want to ride on unpaved roads, trails, etc (I am guessing you do), then you need to have an OHV sticker. I made sure to check the third box ("Primarily Off-Highway, occasionally on-highway (insurace requirements apply)") that way I could get the OHV decal and a licence plate. If you want to read more about the OHV restrictions and requirements you can read about them here (it costs $25 per year).

I went to an actual MVD office (not a third party) and I brought the MCO, Bill of Sale and then the lady at the MVD gave me the form 96-0572 to fill out. I filled everything out, she asked me the weight of the motorcycle (I didn't know so I just said 270 lbs) and then about 5-ish minutes later I had to pay. Because you don't pay sales tax when you buy through powermotorsports it ended up being $186 with the registration and sales tax. I asked her what it would be yearly to register and she said about ~$50 (I think this might include the OHV decal which is also yearly, but I don't know 100%). She then gave me a paper plate and said the metal plate, title and other decals should arrive in the mail in about 2 weeks.

Anyways that was it for me. I was able to go mid morning on a weekday and there was literally nobody in line. In and out in less than 10 minutes. If you are from the future doing research before pulling the trigger on buying a Templar X I hope this helped.

Last edited by runrunrun; 07-17-2024 at 05:53 PM. Reason: clarification

Old Yesterday, 02:18 AM   #2

PSM will replace your MCO with one that states "motorcycle" in the vehicle type field (not off road or dirt bike).

Then you wouldn't need that off road sticker. I've plated three Templar X bikes in Missouri. All you have to do is ask PSM to send a revised MCO if they sent the wrong type. They will send a replacement, no prolem.

However, you can specifically ASK them when you place the order online. There is a opportunity for special instructions during checkout. I asked for the "motorcycle" MCO and got it every time.

Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
However, you can specifically ASK them when you place the order online. There is a opportunity for special instructions during checkout. I asked for the "motorcycle" MCO and got it every time.
Would have saved me at least one trip to the DMV had I known THAT ahead of time.