Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 11:56 AM   #1

I diluted 1oz of low ash 2stroke oil in the ~1.5 gal gas tank, and the engine runs a lot smoother. Below 4,5k rpm the engine almost feels like it's counterbalanced.
Runs really great, also at low RPMs (cruising down to 2500rpm in 5th, or 25mph GPS)

Because the fuel mixture is diluted with oil, which contains less energy than pure fuel, my top speed was slightly lower. 72mph instead of 74. But there could be other environmental reasons for that (like different weather patterns).

After the run,I diluted an additional 0.5oz in the tank when fueling up an additional 0.8gal of fuel.
I've decided to always have a 4oz bottle of 2stroke oil with me, enough for mixing in up to 8 gal of fuel, or doing between 500 to 650 miles.

Mpg figures don't lie either.

My maximum mpg numbers doing this same run were 89mpg without oil, all 5th gear doing 30-45mph.
Current numbers are 83mpg, but 30 miles out of the 120 mile trip, were in 4th gear, top speed. So I'll do this trip again hopefully someday next weekend, to get just the low speed readings.

I haven't yet tried putting 2stroke oil in my Lifan Xpect fuel tank, but first want to run it in the Vader a little longer, and get more performance metrics, and checking the sparkplug and exhaust for fouling.

I've ran this in my Honda rebel for 2 years and 20k miles without noticing any problems or fouling. But the Lifan is fuel injected. So I want to be more careful there.