View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 10:50 PM   #15

I got my one-handed setup working!

So... I'm back from my West Coast trip and was excited to see that my TBR7 was actually an upgraded TBR7D, so I got the heavier chain and sprockets, skid plates, USB port, LED lights, etc. It seems to have a slightly better quality swing arm, too. I got it all put together with the Nibbi pe28, the Nibbi coil, the "racing" CDI, and the JFG exhaust. I had to make a bracket using some of the steel from the packing crate to mount the muffler, but it's all good. The CDI I purchased is way too advanced. The bike would barely turn over. The engine HATED the aftermarket CDI, so I returned it and remounted the stock CDI. Super happy engine now. Adjusted the valves, too. Really tight! I get quite a bit of popping as I decelerate. I'm wondering if my jets are too rich. 115 and 35 on the middle seat.

Anyway, I got my one handed setup all done. Thumb throttle, aftermarket clutch lever over the brake lever. I'm getting pretty smooth at the starts now! This bike has front and rear disc so I'm happy about that. I decided not to connect them together because I plan to do a lot of dirt road riding and I don't want the front tire falling out from in front of me! I still have full access to the front brake. A little thumb and finger dance and I'm off to the races! I don't bother with the clutch for upshifts, but definitely use it for downshifts. I've attached a couple photos to show you the setup. I milled out part of the clutch lever assembly to allow the strange angle required to fit my oddball setup, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

If you see room for improvement, please let me know!
Attached Images