View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 09:35 PM   #10

Oh to add as well. The crank did have a massive amount of play in it with the entire cylinder off. (Good inch of back and forth, foot peg to foot peg if you will). I think I might have a video saved somewhere.... Did also notice when taking it off there was a bit of a gap between both of the two pieces of the cylinder. No oil at all leaking, gasket was really thick and felt like a piece of abs plastic if you will (not very flexible like most gaskets ive seen before but could very well be forgetting things). Maybe a 1/4 inch or more? Like it wasnt flush at all between the two pieces of the cylinder to better describe. Regularly checked to see if there were any oil leaks anywhere after rides and never had any major ones. (Did have a tiny bit come out the sight hole? the screw on the left side with the gear shifter). The hole to find the markings for top dead center lol. Had took it off for a valve check and didnt tighten it down enough so torqued it down good after making sure the o ring was in place. Maybe I over torqued it and caused a piece of metal to go inside the case? Did over torque it and wasnt able to get off anymore, the spot to put a screw driver would just strip out, so just put some epoxy on top of it to make it look a bit cleaner and flush. But that was at like 1.2k miles (blew at 2.4k). The screen for the oil on the left side (24mm bolt) had nothing in it either, just oil.

Come to thing of it, less than 500 miles before it blew I did start hearing a a clicking sound from near the swing arm but assumed it was the chain hitting the swing arm as I took off the bottom half of the chain slider as it was really gunked up and brittle. But my chain was in spec since the first adjustment I did (1/2 of play up and down. Also the part where the shifter goes into the engine can be moved back and forth (from foot peg to foot peg) but it was like that since I got it, and figured it was relatively normal to have some play. Maybe that was the noise I was actually hearing? Like something in the bottom end was a bit messed up and I didnt think of it until now...

Not knocking on these bikes at all. Love the way mine rode, rode better than most 250s ive ever owned. Faster than em too and great torque and low grunt. Mine rung out to 11k or so. Guess something went bad from the factory, or she was haunted lol

1998 Suzuki Intruder VS800 (bobbed out)
2021 Sur Ron Lightbee Supermoto (Heavily modified up to 40hp peak)

Last edited by Zynice; 12-03-2023 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added the last tiny bit at the end, forgot to include