View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 08:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Honestly, this is the first I've heard of any of those rides. So I don't know where they begin and end. School me please. And Honestly I don't really know whats so different in ADV rides vs. Dual Sport rides. Or maybe its because I treat my Dual Sport more like an Adv bike than a Dual sport or what ever.
my definition is that ADV is generally used for travelling. DS is day riding. But that's just me.

The MABDR (Mid Atlantic Backroad Discovery Route) runs from Damascus VA up through VA, WV and PA to the NY state border. All backroads, gravel and dirt. No trail riding though. There are 7 sections to it, if I remember correctly.

SCAR is the South Carolina Adventure Route. it's a big circle around SC from the mountains in the upstate to the coast near Charleston. Again...all backroads, dirt and gravel.

Smokey Mountain 500 is another loop ride that generally takes 3 days. Western NC, East Tennessee, I believe it drops down into GA and SC as well before making the circle back.

Another is the Georgia Traverse. it runs from the SC border in the upstate, across northern GA and ends at the Alabama state line.

All can be done with cabin camping, or of course, taking your tent along. Easy to find them on the interwebs...