View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 10:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
Are you trying to swing a leg over from standing on the ground or are you standing on the foot peg and swinging your leg over like with a horse with your foot in the stirrups first? I stopped worrying about bike height when I adopted the latter method. Left foot on the peg, reach over with right hand and grasp the front brake holding it in the engaged position. Lifting up with left leg transferring weight on to the bikes stand, leaning over the seat slightly while swinging the right leg over. Then as your weight fully transfers to the suspension it sags down to the ground. Once you get the technique down it’s very easy getting on. Then you can worry about what’s more important, once on the bike does it compress the shocks enough such that you can flat foot it enough to control the bike while stationary. That’s the only thing I would worry about working on reducing the suspension setup for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafett123 View Post
yeah i was foot on the ground and swung my leg over. But once i was on the bike full weight i was up on my toes a little . Not that it was tippy toes, just not too flat footed .My first Street bike was kinda like this i had an 1982 Honda Ft 500 Ascot and it was a taller bike too , but i never had an issue. I am really impressed with the KPX and plan on ordering it soon just that Dang Expect 200 got me thinking about the seat height since is is 32.5inches vs 35 for the KPX

I use the peg up method myself.. I'm not short, but I do only have a 29" inseam. It works amazing.

Look, if Joclyn Snow at 5ft flat can manipulate and ride the 600lb GS1200/1250 like a BOSS, I think us wee normal people can handle the Hawk 250 and similar.

Boba- once you're on the bike but need to put a foot down, slide off to the left, straddle your right leg on the seat and you should be able to put the left foot flat on the ground while keep the right foot on the rear brake.

Then to take off you just scootch up and back on.