View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 01:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/part/JTR210/

This is what JT offers for this application. If you want to preserve more low speed controllability off road, consider 44. Frankly, I don't like taking my 6 speed Temp X on the highway, and I have a 39 tooth sprocket on that one. Plenty of power to push over 70mph. But for me it has nothing to do with the gearing. It's the traffic and high speed pressure from goofy drivers. I prefer two lane roads. I may just sell the 6 speed. I am more off road oriented, and will just take a car on the highway

BTW- I kept the 49T rear sprocket and original chain on the 5 speed. You can keep it stock for a while during first few engine hours and get the feel of it off road. That low gearing is nice for slow speed negotiation, and easy front tire lift on bumps. Wheelie fun
I hear you. I dont care about top speed what I care about is lower rpms at cruising speed. Truth is, I will probably never go off the road on it, but its so much tougher that I figure its a better fit for a fat dude. If you get something this robust and then you just baby it on the street or occasional backroad, it should last for a very long time...and that is my idea. Also, worst case ontario (hehe tpb) I can sell it and buy an even better gaming PC than the one I just sold...(gaming computer depreciate super fast..get one enjoy it and then unload it before you lose your azz). Anyway thanks guys.

also..i have zero desire to drive a 300lb bike at 70 mpH!...Just lower rpms at cruising is that i want.