Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
Quick Question about parts familiarization.

Since I had to remove the fuel tank and gain access to the carburetor and air intake manifold I took the opportunity to take some photos of the frame.

I also never had taken a choke cable linkage off a carb body before of the type I saw on the Templar X 250 carburetor so I ended up being one of those guys that took the cable off the other end at the left grip and left it all attached and fished it out with the carburetor itself. One day I'll figure out how they go out and in of the carb body.

Left and Right pictures of the frame. I can tell the welds are definitely NOT robotic. The welds are good but not the best welds. Anyone who buys one of these would be very happy with the weld if they are similar to mine.

Looking at the right hand side of the frame I am just counting wires and guessing.

That left hand side cylinder object, to me that looks like the starter solenoid. And on the right of that the square looking think looks like the rectifier. None of this really matches the wire count in the Wiring Diagram on page 68 of the manual. Zooming in I see only 4 wires on the square thing but it has a yellow wire, maybe that's the 3 yellow lines coming out the the rectifier on page 68 in the owners manual?

Speaking of which does anyone have a better quality diagram file on their computer? The printing in the manual is pretty poor and blurry.

Attachment 27827

Moving over the left side there is a big boxy thing covered in two piece rubber trying its best to look sexy. My guess is this is the CDI Unit. Correct me if I am wrong.

Attachment 27828

Also on the left but not in the picture I uploaded in this post right under the fuel tank is a connector that is just hanging in the air. I take it this is a generic wiring harness for this frame being used and other bikes using the frame but maybe with fuel senders in their fuel tanks might use this connector?

The people at Moto Pro on Amazon told me the extra wiring not connected was for an alarm that is not used on my 2022 250 Templar M.