View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #111

This afternoon I installed a Durelle Racing Gel Seat on my CRF250X. I purchased a Harbor Freight pneumatic stapler for the job, and when it worked, it worked well.

After finishing the installation, I took the bike for a 31-mile ride to test the saddle's comfort. This saddle is definitely more comfortable than the stock saddle, and the saddle height is also definitely lower.

Here's how the saddle looks mounted on my CRF250X.

I buy a few things from Harbor Freight, and I have found some good bargains there. However, I will be returning the HF pneumatic stapler. It easily drove the staples into the seat pan, but it frequently jammed. Also, the magazine would frequently pop open, and drop all the staples out of the gun. Nevertheless, it finished the job, and was still easier to use than a hand stapler. Also, Harbor Freight has a good return policy.

My first impressions of the Durelle Racing Gel Seat are very favorable, and I think it was a good purchase. As I acquire more miles in the saddle, I will report my further impressions regarding this product.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894