ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   funny thing happened to me, and why i havent answered (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7279)

phil 06-03-2010 09:33 PM

funny thing happened to me, and why i havent answered

i havent answered or done a lot here in a while and i think its time you all knew why, not making excuses, just asking for a little patience. and i think of you as family so. 3 weeks ago a lump came up on my neck, very small but i had a little pain in the back of my neck. long story short when i went to the ear nose and throat dr he looked and sent me straight to uk that was yesterday 6/02, and thats where i am now at the uk markey cancer center. im still waiting for all the tests i had yesterday, scope, blood,ct , mri and biospy. when i find out, if your interested, i wiil try to post. for some reason i cant get my email yet so i have to get that going asap. seems things arent looking that good of the options and kinds it seems i dont have the kind that they remove the thyroid and its gone but nothing definite yet, they have the swelling under control and i should know more tomorrow

TurboT 06-03-2010 09:38 PM

Man phil my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I'm sure all of us here at Chinariders will do whatever we can to support you through this, whatever that may be.

Keep your head up, we're pulling for you!

Jim 06-03-2010 09:47 PM

Good luck Phil, hope you get some good news

katoranger 06-03-2010 10:25 PM

Phil, I will keep you in my prayers.

Allen

SpudRider 06-03-2010 10:54 PM

I have added you to my prayer list, Phil. Please keep us updated. You are a good friend, and we wish you a good diagnosis, and a speedy recovery. :)

Spud :)

MICRider 06-03-2010 11:28 PM

My best wishes to you Phil, hope it all turns out ok.

Best regards,
Stew

2LZ 06-04-2010 12:19 AM

Prayers and good thoughts your way Phil. Keep us posted.

Cal25 06-04-2010 08:34 AM

Hang in there and try to keep a positive attitude. Hope you get some good new soon.

Weldangrind 06-04-2010 10:34 AM

Phil, thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated when you can.

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

FastDoc 06-04-2010 11:22 AM

Prayers sent Phil. You made a wise decision.

davidsonsgccc 06-04-2010 12:49 PM

praying for you heal quickly.

melissann 06-04-2010 01:22 PM

please let us know how it goes, prayers sent for a quick answer

phil 06-04-2010 10:18 PM

well i have a answer although not what i wanted at all im home now and my email still is down but here's the story, i have a rare type of thyroid cancer for a person my age, i have to go for more tests but so far it looks like they gave me 3-6 months. so heres the invitation if you want come by and meet me all i can make available is yours maybe you can put together a china riders meeting your welcome but plans will have to be made quickly my voice is fading fast and i would like to meet a few of you and i still have a few bikes but thats not the point at all, i know some or most of us may not have the extra income but it looks like the shop parking lot will be empty for a camper or whatever and your welcome to ride, drive or fly (we have a airport) . i consider you my friend and its a privilege to know you.

BillR 06-04-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil
i would like to meet a few of you
i consider you my friend and its a privilege to know you.

Hey Phil,
That's some news. You're in my prayers.
It's been a privilege for me to "meet" you here on ChinaRiders
Not too far from Nashville, I will try to make a run up there soon.
Hang in there.
Bill

SpudRider 06-04-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

well i have a answer although not what i wanted at all im home now and my email still is down but here's the story, i have a rare type of thyroid cancer for a person my age, i have to go for more tests but so far it looks like they gave me 3-6 months. so heres the invitation if you want come by and meet me all i can make available is yours maybe you can put together a china riders meeting your welcome but plans will have to be made quickly my voice is fading fast and i would like to meet a few of you and i still have a few bikes but thats not the point at all, i know some or most of us may not have the extra income but it looks like the shop parking lot will be empty for a camper or whatever and your welcome to ride, drive or fly (we have a airport) . i consider you my friend and its a privilege to know you.

Phil, thank you for letting us know your diagnosis. I also consider you my friend. I have family in Pennsylvania, and if I get anywhere near Virginia, I will certainly try to come visit you. Hang in there; we will continue to pray for you. All things are possible for God.

MICRider 06-04-2010 10:53 PM

Ouch, that's not good news at all Phil... Though I don't know you personally I feel that we are all family here. Some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing are on this forum. Your in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Stew

Weldangrind 06-05-2010 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider
Hang in there; we will continue to pray for you. All things are possible for God.

I couldn't say it any better Phil. I'll keep praying for you my friend.

Jim 06-05-2010 12:04 PM

Phil I wish you the best with whatever treatment options you have available, hear about a lot of people beating the odds on these things, so I wish you the best on that.

fishman10 06-06-2010 09:56 PM

Phil

Don't know what to say,I feel like a fool in hind sight trying to order some parts the other day , You have far more to worry about.I had no idea what was going on.You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers. Sincerely,,,Fish

phil 06-07-2010 12:05 AM

no need for apologises, to be honest i wasnt thinking this was what was wrong with me. i would like to make a statement and i know some may not like this, but here are the facts as i was told : firday the drs said theres nothing can be done and i have 3-6 months and 0% survival rates at 2 years but this is rare and usually only happens to 80-90 year olds (i turned 41 may 14) preachers came to my house saturday morning at different times and prayed with me at about lunch the drs called from uk i go for another test wed. and surgery friday they think they may can remove most of the tumour. now im fat but not in poor shape but today i went to the alter, i knew the sin was gone before i got to the front but while i was praying sweat started rolling. i dont think that was just my sins leaving. im not saying i was healed or a miracle but something happened and it wasnt something that could be hidden or could described, i know some wont agree but i hope you will be tolerant of this post and i want all to know that your prayers work and God can take care of the problems, mine and yours. i dont have a lot i could add although i will try to add some pictures if i get the chance of myself and the family it may help to put a face with the rest. those who will keep praying if God lets me i would like to spend a while with my wife and 8 year old son, a long while

TurboT 06-07-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

no need for apologises, to be honest i wasnt thinking this was what was wrong with me. i would like to make a statement and i know some may not like this, but here are the facts as i was told : firday the drs said theres nothing can be done and i have 3-6 months and 0% survival rates at 2 years but this is rare and usually only happens to 80-90 year olds (i turned 41 may 14) preachers came to my house saturday morning at different times and prayed with me at about lunch the drs called from uk i go for another test wed. and surgery friday they think they may can remove most of the tumour. now im fat but not in poor shape but today i went to the alter, i knew the sin was gone before i got to the front but while i was praying sweat started rolling. i dont think that was just my sins leaving. im not saying i was healed or a miracle but something happened and it wasnt something that could be hidden or could described, i know some wont agree but i hope you will be tolerant of this post and i want all to know that your prayers work and God can take care of the problems, mine and yours. i dont have a lot i could add although i will try to add some pictures if i get the chance of myself and the family it may help to put a face with the rest. those who will keep praying if God lets me i would like to spend a while with my wife and 8 year old son, a long while

Mate nobody is going to judge you for your faith, or this post. We're all praying and thinking of you.

SpudRider 06-07-2010 12:19 AM

I just said a prayer for you, Brother Phil. I will continue to remember you in my prayers. :)

katoranger 06-07-2010 12:22 AM

Phil, I was praying for you this morning. Didn't know where you stood.

2LZ 06-07-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboT
Mate nobody is going to judge you for your faith, or this post. We're all praying and thinking of you.

You got that right.
Phil....I know I haven't been here long but boy....your battle has to be a tough one. Sometimes when life throws you a serious curve ball, all you can do is react and pray alot. Only He knows the outcome and we have to have the faith to carry on.
I'm praying for you and I hope things go your way. One never knows what tomorrow holds.....

Jim 06-07-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboT
Mate nobody is going to judge you for your faith, or this post.

I agree, I think that everyone here just wishes, or prays, or hopes for your recovery.

Weldangrind 06-07-2010 01:56 AM

Your attitude is amazing Phil. I'll be pleased to keep praying for you. You were in my thoughts in a big way in Church this morning.

SpudRider 06-07-2010 02:04 AM

Please keep us updated, Phil. You have many friends here who sincerely hope and pray for your health, and well being. :)

davidsonsgccc 06-07-2010 07:59 AM

phil i believe GOD answers prayer. i believe when we humble ourselves to him he hears our petitions for help. GOD heals people all the time and if you believe you were healed than praise the lord i will stand in agreement with you . i will be praying for you. remember GOD wont let you go through anything you cant handle.

shawn

wjack57 06-07-2010 08:38 AM

Phil, It's all of our Gods will. Only God can put an expiration date on us. Prayer has its strength. He does listen. We're praying for you too. - jack

dsrt4 06-08-2010 07:09 AM

You are In my prayers.

Keep us up to speed on everything.

phil 06-09-2010 11:58 PM

i will try to get this up but the connection is bad but heres the short, after ride up and a little fuss with the wife, see after i got to work after i hurt my back this fall i got a 04 merc marauder to celebrate my ability to work, and this morning i woke her up to show her how well it drove over a 100 (what are they going to do take my license :D ) any how i had a pet scan i think but it makes the cancer glow and the spot in my liver didnt 8O, i already knew before they told me matter of fact i fell asleep a few times during the test 8). i seen the surgeon and he was much brighter this time, he wasnt convinced of the type now as it reacted well to steroids when it shouldnt, anybody want to guess on that, i can, they were worried about why i couldnt talk well, but anybody who knows me can figure that one and they did he kept asking if i had questions i told him i knew who would guide him. then we went to lunch with the drs assistant and i got some more answers one was should i file for SHORT TERM disability, that was a hard thing to admit i may need but it more than me, his reply was not what i liked but better than it was he said i was in for a long painful time but i have a few things going now, heres something for the curious,the rare picture of the endangered phil and some of the tribe http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...o/DSCF9218.jpg i also wanted to share a song thats from a local group or close to area the sound isnt great but its a cool song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTECr...eature=related

fishman10 06-10-2010 12:09 AM

phil

great to hear ,see there is alot of hope !Also great to finally put a face or faces to the people I have talked to and grown to love!

2LZ 06-10-2010 12:18 AM

Great news to hear Phil and a great looking crew you have! and agreed, good thing to put a face and life to a name, fishman.
Maybe we should start a thread in the Intro area for that.....if it's not already.
Nothing wrong with adding a touch of reality to an avatar. As far as I know.....Spud is Mr. Potatohead with sneakers!

ecabo 06-10-2010 01:06 AM

That is some good news! We've never met, never even communicated before, but I've been reading this thread with great concern. I wish I said something sooner, but I didn't know exactly what.

Be well, my friend. And no more driving over a hundred just because you can.

SpudRider 06-10-2010 01:33 AM

Thank you for the wonderful family photo, and the encouraging update, Brother Phil! Hang in there; we will continue to pray for you! :)

P.S. I really enjoyed the song by The Wisecarvers; thank you for sharing it with us! :)

Jim 06-10-2010 05:03 AM

Glad to hear the update Phil, I hope the news continues to get better for you.

lego1970 06-18-2010 09:12 PM

Good luck Phil and I'll say a prayer for you. I haven't been on this site for a few months, but I've always enjoyed your post over the last couple of years and really hurt to read this post. Stay strong and hopefully things will work out. Take care, Adam.

katoranger 06-23-2010 01:21 AM

Any updates Phil?

fishman10 06-24-2010 03:31 PM

phil

I called down to the only # I could find which was the garage and got nothing, but that was to be expected.

katoranger 06-30-2010 12:48 AM

I don't have good news to share.

http://www.timesnews.net/print_article.php?obit=5753

Phillip Hall, Wise, Va.
Published June 24th, 2010
Phillip Harold Hall, 41, Wise, Va., the greatest husband, father, son, brother and friend who will be greatly missed, died on June 22, 2010 at the University of Kentucky Hospital and Medical Center in Lexington, Ky. The family will receive friends from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Sturgill Funeral Home in Wise, Va. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Saturday in the funeral home chapel. Burial will follow in the Laurel Grove Cemetery Norton, Va.