ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Another honda project. CL70 + Kazuma Viper 110 + whatever (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5764)

katoranger 06-28-2009 06:42 PM

Another honda project. CL70 + Kazuma Viper 110 + whatever

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270413103067

I didn't expect to be the high bidder, but it looks like I am. Hmmm. What kind of crazy bike can we build with this.

Allen

TeamCheap 06-28-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Hey TC you want this one too?
yeah :) .....how much to ship it up here :?:

katoranger 06-28-2009 08:25 PM

Now I have to go get it first. Can't believe I was the high bidder. What a piece of junk. Oh well. I am thinking the same as you. Put a 50cc auto in it and call it a scooter. No tag required for it then. Might see if the neighbor kid would like it. He is leaving for college soon. Could ride it on campus. So I need a 50cc donor pit bike to build a rat scooter from.

Shipping to MI priceless. (Not really) Probably less than the CT90s.

Allen

TeamCheap 06-28-2009 09:18 PM

I wont be doing much more wrenching on bikes this summer with the house project but that bike could be interesting.

katoranger 06-28-2009 09:22 PM

We will see. I will probably stick it around back and hold it for awhile. I think the china horizontal swap would be a good one for this bike.

Will sell the stock engine and electrical parts so that I can pay for the bike.

Allen

phil 06-28-2009 09:51 PM

i cant belive it such a fine piece jap collector i need to post the picture of my honda it was much worse than this i say if you win restore :lol: otherwise blasphemy would be commited :P its really not that expensive if you take it slow and over a couple of years 8O

TeamCheap 06-28-2009 10:05 PM

I say....slap a 50cc engine in it and run it as a scooter.

phil 06-28-2009 10:13 PM

that may be a problem here as they law wants proof its under 50cc
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...P1010006-1.jpg
hope that works this one is marked off road only but im not about to ride it :wink:

katoranger 06-28-2009 11:59 PM

Well. Most of the cylinders are stamped with the cc. The little atv has 48 on it. I can tag it will no problem.

Will get it home and go from there. Probably end up sending it UPS to MI in a few months. :wink:

Allen

Cal25 06-29-2009 08:32 AM

My first bike was one of those. I think it might have been a '70 model. Ugly green but it was only 50 bucks, it ran great, and was liicensed and inspected. kept it a couple of years and sold it for the same fifty bucks.

Had alot of fun on that thing.

katoranger 06-29-2009 09:02 AM

This one obviously not a runner. I am hoping to sell just the stock engine and pay for it and my gas to go pick it up. Will put the rest of under a tarp in the yard until I come across a cheap donar bike.

Allen

FastDoc 06-29-2009 12:40 PM

Looks like a do-able project.

I think I may have to ban myself from CL. Too many 'do-able' projects using up all my 'free' time! :D

katoranger 06-29-2009 05:24 PM

Will pick it up Thursday. I think this has more potential than the ct90 for a scooter.

Allen

katoranger 07-03-2009 01:23 PM

Its here. Not horrible, but definately in need of help. I can't believe the guy was going to attemp to make it run.

Much simpler to dump that engine for parts and get a replacement high quality chinese clone. :lol:

At least I can use the dipstick on the little atv. It needs one. Will be keeping me eye out for a cheap pit bike donar. 90-125 peferred.

May just dirtify it for trail cruising. Then no lights and extra stuff needed.

Allen

smithyUK 07-04-2009 11:23 AM

oh yeh that bad boy is better than the gy's for the trails lol :lol:
(that probebly not far from the truth :oops: )
looks a good project
i want an olde honda scoot for cuting and changing
but the imposible quad projects comes first. :(

katoranger 07-04-2009 12:02 PM

May have found a 110 donar today. Sounds perfect. It has a broken frame with a good running engine for $150. The guy plays with bikes so I am hoping he may want to take a trade on another one of my junkers here.

Link to bike. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/1240149914.html

Allen

katoranger 07-05-2009 07:12 PM

Here is a pic of the bike for sale except the one I found is not in this condition. Kazuma Viper 110.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/po...VP776738_1.jpg

I stopped and looked. The rear shock is wrong or something and has a homemade exhaust.

Not sure if the electric start is a plus or minus. Don't really need it.

Should be able to sell off the wheels and tires etc to recover some of the cost.

Engine is suppose to be a semi auto 4spd. I think I am going to set it up for dirt use.

katoranger 07-06-2009 01:04 PM

Just a couple of pics. I am going to go back and look the kazuma over some more.
http://picasaweb.google.com/katorang...Nin3tOJgaCIEw#

AZ200cc 07-06-2009 01:09 PM

Hey that's not in bad shape at all....Good project.
I think I saw and old Honda sitting behing that Kazuma also. :D

katoranger 07-06-2009 04:45 PM

Well, the kazuma is in the back of the ranger. Good thing I get home after dark. I need to sneak it into the backyard. Came with a full tank of gas at least. Runs and shifts good.

Hopefully will be able to recover some of my investment from the sale of unneeded parts.

I rode it, but the frame is done. Its a lowrider.

Allen

yozalo 07-06-2009 04:48 PM

Heh, katoranger that a bike for little kids. Get somethin your own size. 8)

katoranger 07-06-2009 06:11 PM

But it is my size. At least it will be will it is installed into the CL70. Actually it was easy for me to ride. I am small so I fit.

Allen

TurboT 07-06-2009 06:47 PM

"I had to sneak it into the back yard"

HAHA.. damn you need to show that woman who's boss! :) :) :)

FastDoc 07-06-2009 06:56 PM

I bet she already knows 8)

katoranger 07-06-2009 06:58 PM

Ask TC about the big box. I don't think it made it to the backyard in time.

Anyway, I probably need to get my assistants to start cleaning up the CL. Probably will test fit everything before any serious painting happens.

The kazuma engine has e-start. Also have all the wiring so I should be able to hook the lights up after I get switches. Will need to change to 12v bulbs.

Allen

TeamCheap 07-06-2009 08:17 PM

The "BIG BOX" had to be "handled" in a different fashion altogether. :lol: :lol:

I used the old "I bought it and its coming so get over it and oh by the way can you drag it inside when it gets here" thank you.

yeah she fussed a bit but it was on its way so ............ :lol:

katoranger 07-06-2009 08:47 PM

Its already in the truck. I can't return it now. She usually doesn't fuss much over the things I drag home. Most of it makes me money. I should be able liquidate off some of the parts and come out with very little money into this project.

Allen

katoranger 07-07-2009 11:32 PM

We will see what happens tomorrow. I have plenty to work on. Going to try to at least get the old engine out of the CL. It will be going to the bay shortly after I donate its dipstick the the little ATV.

Don't expect any AZ fast resurrection from me.

Allen

katoranger 07-08-2009 01:43 PM

Added a couple pics. Engine remove from the CL today and I stripped down the kazuma. Didn't get any pics of that since it started raining.

Maybe tomorrow I can test fit the kazuma engine into the CL. :lol:

I am going to look into using the kazuma forks on the CL also. They may just bolt on.

Allen

AZ200cc 07-08-2009 02:13 PM

Did I set a standard for time :lol:
I wanna see some picsman....Gotta see what You're starting of with :D

katoranger 07-08-2009 02:33 PM

Forgot the pic link. Same picassa album. I am just adding pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/katorang...Nin3tOJgaCIEw#

I have the kazuma engine sitting there ready to go in. The honda engine is to the side waiting to go away. (Sell it to pay for parts)

Plans are to use the kazuma wiring and incorporate it into some of the stock honda wires for the lights etc. I am going to use the "new" battery from the 250 ninja so that I can hook up the starter and have battery for lights. Might need them on the trails.

Also going to use the kazuma foot pegs and the handlebars and controls.

Might new a sprocket. The honda ones are done.

Also might need to use the brake parts and cable for from the kazuma.

Will probably use the CT70 exhaust that came with the CL to start with.

Allen

AZ200cc 07-08-2009 03:30 PM

Can't wait to see how it goes.

katoranger 07-08-2009 03:36 PM

It should make a fun little bike to play with. The trails I ride don't have big hills or mud. I am working on some knobbies for it.

Allen

smithyUK 07-08-2009 03:41 PM

man that homemade exhast on the kazuma cracked me up lol reminds me a bit of the straight through exhaust pipe i made for my suzuki ts50

katoranger 07-08-2009 03:47 PM

It actually sounds pretty good. But it is leaned out with it. I want to keep it stealth so a stock type exhaust will be used. I don't want to irritate the neighbors when riding it.

Allen

AZ200cc 07-08-2009 03:52 PM

Must have been a plumbers bike :lol:
" don't worry son I'll fix that exhaust and tank in a jiffy, Honey where are the bungee cords??"

Cal25 07-08-2009 04:57 PM

I used the CL70 that I had for trails. That thing would climb anything that I pointed at. very rough ride compared to todays suspention. But I didnt know any better.

I also remember going several miles back into a secluded riding area with a buddy. It was in the 20's and the ground was frozen. As it warmed up, the ground turned to mud. The fenders would clog up with mud to the point that the tires would not turn. My buddy had to pull me all the way back with a rope and MX bike. I was much more aware of mud after that.

katoranger 07-08-2009 05:44 PM

I am aware of the mud fact too. Fortunately I stay out of it. I have some plans for improved suspension. Just depends on budget. That can come later.

Allen

katoranger 07-09-2009 01:29 AM

I got a new front knobby on the way. The rear tire hopefully will work for awhile.

Allen

katoranger 07-09-2009 01:28 PM

Added more pics to the picassa album posted earlier.

Got the engine bolts in. Fit perfect. Chain test fitted. Trying the exhausts out. The better condition CT70 exhaust doesn't fit the head right.

The rusted out CL70 pipe fits better, but the mounts are off slightly due to the large engine I believe. I also need some exhaust studs.

Next need to mount all the wiring and get it running. Then get the brakes functioning and take it for a ride. :lol:

Sorry. It is not going to get a fresh paint job. At least until I have it all the way I want it.

Allen