ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   I ordered a new Hensim 250 street bike (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=4716)

TheRealWorld 01-25-2009 11:28 PM

I ordered a new Hensim 250 street bike

I have spent many hours researching dealers and bikes. I find the Hensim 250 cruiser to be a great value and nice looking bike. I talked to several dealers and read the comments from you guys, and decided to go with Tim, at V bike. The bike is ordered and you can see it on their website. I am excited and I hope it is what I expect. I have done the DOT research and I don't think I will have a problem getting the tags. I will not be able to ride it for a while as I live in Wisconsin, and it is cold and icy. I have a fairly busy life and will not be able to devote much time to it right away, but when I have something to report I will. I will let you know when it comes, it should be in a few days.

culcune 01-26-2009 12:13 AM

Congrats and thanks for being the guinea pig LOL

VBike was pretty reliable for the bunch of guys who ordered the Hi-Bird 250 enduro, so should be okay for you and this bike.

I didn't know their own site was still up (versus the Countyimports site), but here it is...

http://www.hensimusa.com/

Jim 01-26-2009 12:37 AM

Very cool, congrats on the new ride... Hopefully we all get past this cold season soon so we can do some riding under the sun! :)

katoranger 01-26-2009 08:33 AM

Congrats. You won't be able to resist that big box in the garage for too long.

Allen

TheRealWorld 01-26-2009 10:23 PM

This is exciting, thanks for the comments. Tracking info says it should be here tomorrow!

katoranger 01-27-2009 08:06 AM

Make you keep this post updated.

Allen

TheRealWorld 01-27-2009 08:26 AM

I will keep this updated, it is my chance to share a bunch about a new bike. If I like it I will tell you and if I don't I will tell you, the problem is I won't be able to ride for a while. Today could be the big day!

katoranger 01-27-2009 08:40 AM

You can tell us about the fit/finish and assembly process. Realize in WI that you won't be riding until about April. Gives you plenty of time to set the bike up right and correct any potential weak spots.

Allen

eagle150 01-27-2009 12:03 PM

sounds exciting, do you know the top speed ?

TheRealWorld 01-27-2009 05:41 PM

I don't know the top speed but I have read as high as 75 MPH. I will never know as 60 is fast for me. I sure hope 60 is possible.

IronFist 01-27-2009 05:50 PM

60 won't be a problem

TheRealWorld 01-27-2009 10:05 PM

My 250 Hensim showed up late this afternoon, I have a small shop and its in there and the cardboard is off, but that is as far as I can go for now. I will get to it during the day and evening tomorrow, and that should be fun. The crate had a rough trip, but seems to have survived without any damage. It came from Oklahoma to Wisconsin. I guess it may have come all the way from China, I am not sure how this whole thing works.

culcune 01-28-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
It came from Oklahoma to Wisconsin. I guess it may have come all the way from China, I am not sure how this whole thing works.

I think VBikes stocks their bikes in OK. There are some drop shippers, or at least were, who would take orders and ship from China, but I think most US drop shippers today would order from a central place in the US.

Vbikes seem to be on the up and up, and treated a bunch of people here on Chinariders the last couple years, especially when he had a bunch of the 250cc Hi-Bird enduros--they sold like hotcakes, and he (Tim is the owner or manager) seemed to stand behind them pretty well.

You will have to tell us all about this particular bike as I don't think anyone here has one. I don't know if you checked out the link to Hensim USA, but you should see if they are still in existence, or is Countyimports their only source now. If they are in business, you should have a few places to get any needed parts from, starting with VBikes.

TheRealWorld 01-28-2009 12:18 AM

Researching this bike was hard, but I am comfortable that I have made a good choice, I hope so. I found three places that sell them and we will have to see how it works out, I will be posting regularly when I have some new info. I should be some tomorrow night, if I have time.

TheRealWorld 01-28-2009 05:22 PM

I had a very busy day, so I did not get as far as I had hoped, but I got the angle iron frame off. That stuff is much harder and stronger than American angle iron, that will come in handy someplace. This bike does have cool wheels, aluminum mag look. The handle bars are fine but are not as tall as they appear in the picture on the site. vbikeusa.com It has a big cool gas tank and it is shinny black and looks great. I don't have time for more comments right now, but more tomorrow!

SpeedSouth 01-28-2009 07:53 PM

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the info/updates.

My Lifan was shipped from Tx and also had a large rip in the cardboard, but I found nothing damaged. Air tools were quite helpful, making the job go a bit faster and letting me work longer.

Don't be surprised if you find a few spare bolts here and there. Many of us found a little something extra in the crate, and a few may have found a small item missing.

Hopefully you have some assembly instructions or a guide of some type to aid in the process. With or without detailed help, the best advice is to go slow, use plenty of loc-tite and a healthy dose of common sense. :)

My gas tank was sealed, but others found residue in their tank that needed rinsing before use, and some carbs have a little pack of the silicone stuff to keep moisture out, so be sure to look for that as well.

These guys can answer pretty much any question you have, so if you need help, just ask!

Once again, congrats on the new ride and welcome to CR!

katoranger 01-28-2009 09:13 PM

We need lots of pictures with full details so don't forget the camera while you are out there.

Also the bars are easily change to whatever you like. Should be standard 7/8" bars.

Allen

Qingdao 01-29-2009 02:41 AM

Got my LB from Tim. 3500kms not a chirp. KNOCK ON WOOD.

DDG1976 01-29-2009 04:46 AM

Change the oil, Change the oil, Change the oil.

eagle150 01-29-2009 12:48 PM

wooo came from my home state :P

TheRealWorld 01-29-2009 11:59 PM

Today I got it all together, checked over everything and tested the electrical circuits. I had not changed the oil or even given any thought of trying to start it, but I did want to try the starter circuit. After thinking it could not hurt anything I hit the start button for a instant, it worked, but it also started. I had not even put gas in the tank and I quickly shut it off. It sounded good. I did not expect that. I had smelled the inside of the gas tank and it had never had gas it it. I did figure out they must test it by connecting it to a fuel supply line rather than using the tank. Tomorrow I have some things to do but I will get some 91 octane gas and try it after I change the oil. I will list a couple problems in a few days but I am very impressed with this bike. I will have to hold off on much more evaluation until I get a chance to ride it and that will be a while, I am afraid. It looks great, it is just my size, I am 66 inches tall. I am going to the Honda dealer tomorrow and compare it to the rebel, it is similar. I'm going out to sit on it for a bit!

culcune 01-30-2009 01:07 AM

I wanted to ask...does the bike have that off-road looking back tire? It looks odd in some of the Hensim photos, but was wondering if you have that tire, is there some reason it looks kind of off-roadish?

eagle150 01-30-2009 01:11 AM

congrats bro, hope everything works perfectly :)

culcune 01-30-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle150

You should see if Tim or anyone else at Vbike can get the body plastics you need. They do have a 200 sport bike they show on their site, but I don't think it is anything like yours, but the company is an importer, and has been pretty dependable for many members here, and being located in your state, you might just find what you needed there.

eagle150 01-30-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune
Quote:

You should see if Tim or anyone else at Vbike can get the body plastics you need. They do have a 200 sport bike they show on their site, but I don't think it is anything like yours, but the company is an importer, and has been pretty dependable for many members here, and being located in your state, you might just find what you needed there.

i might bro :D but im having a hard time desiding if i want to put money into it, really all it is in a couple cracks in the left side panel(gorilla glued it) and the mirror broke off (also glued can hardely tell it broke) and after all it is my first bike so its kind of a "learner" idk man..wat do u think i should do?

culcune 01-30-2009 01:28 AM

I know we're thread jacking a little, but like I wrote before, and now you seem to be much more comfortable with it, I would leave it as is, especially as it might fall over again (and I don't mean you will even be on it, bikes do tip over for one reason or another when parked). Considering the price you paid, I personally wouldn't bother, but I mentioned it just in case it was gnawing at you, LOL :lol:

eagle150 01-30-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

I know we're thread jacking a little, but like I wrote before, and now you seem to be much more comfortable with it, I would leave it as is, especially as it might fall over again (and I don't mean you will even be on it, bikes do tip over for one reason or another when parked). Considering the price you paid, I personally wouldn't bother, but I mentioned it just in case it was gnawing at you, LOL :lol:

o ok thx lol. sry for being off topic ^_^

dsrt4 01-30-2009 07:33 AM

How's it Coming with the new bike Therealworld?

Last year I saw this same bike at a hooters here in STL around oct or so.

Its is a nice looking and well put together bike. Not quite hondaish but damn near. It sound pretty neat too. I love the sound of a ptwin.

Get it outta that box and get us some pics!!!

TheRealWorld 01-30-2009 08:47 AM

I have had a few question on this bike, so if you want a detailed look, there are some excellent pictures at. http://scooterdepot.us/250cc-Deluxe-...451.html#pTab2

They have it also but it is more expensive.

eagle150 01-30-2009 09:17 AM

how much was the bike with shipping?

culcune 01-30-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

I think you get $100 off for pickup if you can swing it--but only after a motorcycle course and a license for you, eagle! :lol:

Vbike includes the cost of shipping in their price, but you would probably have to pay taxes, etc. being an OK resident. But the bonus is, you might be able to get them to assemble it for you, if you can wheel and deal with them!

kmoore 01-30-2009 02:11 PM

slight thread jack but i wonder if them rims would go under a lifan lf250b

eagle150 01-30-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

only after a motorcycle course and a license for you, eagle! :lol:

i new u would say somethin like that lol :mrgreen:

TheRealWorld 01-30-2009 11:13 PM

The bike was $ 1699 delivered to my door. It is posted on their site. vbikeusa.com Work your way to street bikes and then to cruiser and the info comes up. The good news is that they answer the phone and do what they say they will.

TheRealWorld 01-30-2009 11:31 PM

Today, I stopped at the Honda shop and looked at the Rebel. I was amazed to see the similarities. They have almost identical engine, identical carburetor, identical clutch linkage arm and identical frame for the most part. The Hensim has nicer pipes, much nicer wheels and a nicer gas tank. For half of the money it seems to be a great deal. I will need time to see how it rides and holds up, but if it is like my Hi Bird, I am going to love it.

I changed the oil and started it up today. It started right up and sounded great. I let it idle and revved it gently to warm it up. It is cold and slippery here so it will be a while before I ride. I am anxious to ride. When I have time I will mention a few bugs I found but solved easily.

culcune 01-31-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Today, I stopped at the Honda shop and looked at the Rebel. I was amazed to see the similarities. They have almost identical engine, identical carburetor, identical clutch linkage arm and identical frame for the most part.

Welcome to motorcycle cloning--the Chinese are getting better and better at it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheRealWorld 02-01-2009 11:25 PM

We hit the mid 30s in Wisconsin today, so I got to ride the Hensim 250. I had to adjust the clutch a bit but, it went well. It stared up fast with a little choke, and I needed to keep the choke on for two miles. Tranny shifted extremely well. I could not get it into neutral easily, but it goes easily when the bike is not running. Engine sounds great and I can not hear any valve noise. The bike is quiet and that is how I like it. Engine power is good, but I kind of wish I had one more gear. I will consider a smaller sprocket on the back. My speedometer is in mph, but it is reading KM. This should be the sending unit on the front wheel, anyone know where I might get the right sending unit?

In general I love the bike, I was real gentle on the engine and I don't have a tack. It does ride much different than my 200 CC Hi Bird.

katoranger 02-02-2009 08:50 AM

Sounds like alittle more clutch adjustment may be needed. Also what oil are you using.

Allen

TheRealWorld 02-02-2009 12:36 PM

I expect a few might scold me a bit, I currently have 10 W 30 in it. I knew I would only run it long enough to almost get it up to temperature and I would be running it in cool weather. For sure under 50 degrees. I expect to change it at about 10 hours or so. This is high grade regular oil. I do intend to go with 10 W 40 when I change it. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the reply!

SpeedSouth 02-02-2009 01:08 PM

I don't really know much about oil, but the following is pretty much always true..

Any oil is better than no oil. Fresh oil is better than old oil.

Beyond that, this thread might help - http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=4721

On my Lifan when she was new...I warmed it up once w/ the oil it shipped with. Replaced and ran about 50 miles I think, then changed it again. At 500 miles I changed it again. I was planning to change it again around 1500, but she's sat for a bit now, so I'll change it after it warms up the next time I start her up.