ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Power Sports Max (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31794)

Snow11 10-28-2022 01:31 PM

Power Sports Max

Has anyone ever used power Sports max to order a bike

tknj99 10-28-2022 01:35 PM

Yes, many have.. they've been good to deal with

Thumper 10-28-2022 08:32 PM

I bought two bikes from them. They have replaced parts quickly just asking for a photo of the damage. I mean quick as in - two days shipping quick :clap:

culcune 11-01-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow11 (Post 385796)
Has anyone ever used power Sports max to order a bike

Same company as XPro

JimS 11-02-2022 11:47 AM

I bought my KPR200 from them back in June and the bike was delivered within a week.

daSNAK3 11-27-2022 12:31 AM

Yup, ordered an ATV in 2018 and just ordered a 125cc dirt bike for the kids last night.

Hap 11-27-2022 11:05 AM

Very good people to deal with. My experience has been really good.

Fast_Freddy 11-28-2022 01:01 PM

My experience hasn't been very good so far. I ordered a Templar 250 on 11/26 during their Black Friday weekend sale. The price was $1469.99. On Cyber Monday 11/28 they lowered the price to 1399.99. I called them to ask if they would credit me the difference or cancel my order so I could reorder and was told that they wouldn't cancel or credit the difference under any circumstance.

My second complaint with them is that they know absolutely nothing about their products. Before ordering I called to ask some basic questions and all they could do was refer me to their website. They had nothing to offer. Hopefully my experience gets better going forward.

Texas Pete 11-28-2022 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately they posted their terms, when I clicked it, they said the terms for cancellation are within an hour of purchase. And something about after its shipped you have to pay the freight costs from and then back to along with a restocking fee. That gives them leeway in the disputes.

If I go to Best Buy for example I couldn't find any terms of sales on their website under its own section. Also the sales people there are paid minimum wage and don't know much about what they sell. Same when I go to Lowes Garden center, I asked a few basic plants questions and the lady in the center looked at me and said she doesn't know anything they just tell her to put stuff out.

Attachment 27962

Fast_Freddy 11-28-2022 07:23 PM

If they had shipped it or even pulled it for shipping I would understand completely. Being a holiday weekend they did nothing with my order aside from billing my CC. The bike is still sitting in the warehouse tonight. I agree that they are within their legal rights to refuse to offer me anything in this case but it would have been appreciated and I would have written them a glowing review if the rest of the process went okay.

It's okay, their profit margin must be small and I didn't expect a full service experience. That was something my parents had and it disappeared during my lifetime. We live in a self-service world now and it's all we can afford. Us working class peasants anyway. I'm not gonna give PSM a bad review, I just might not give them that great review that I would have.

Zapkin 11-28-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy (Post 387164)
My experience hasn't been very good so far. I ordered a Templar 250 on 11/26 during their Black Friday weekend sale. The price was $1469.99. On Cyber Monday 11/28 they lowered the price to 1399.99. I called them to ask if they would credit me the difference or cancel my order so I could reorder and was told that they wouldn't cancel or credit the difference under any circumstance.

My second complaint with them is that they know absolutely nothing about their products. Before ordering I called to ask some basic questions and all they could do was refer me to their website. They had nothing to offer. Hopefully my experience gets better going forward.

I put a temp x on layaway and when the black friday sale hit, i saw the temp m at like 1500 so I tried to call and change my order and she said they dont offer layaways on black friday stuff and I would have to pay full if so. I really dont mind that much, I am sure the temp x will be fine, but I think it should clearly state on the website that layaways are not available for sale products.

Fast_Freddy 12-01-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapkin (Post 387182)
I put a temp x on layaway and when the black friday sale hit, i saw the temp m at like 1500 so I tried to call and change my order and she said they dont offer layaways on black friday stuff and I would have to pay full if so. I really dont mind that much, I am sure the temp x will be fine, but I think it should clearly state on the website that layaways are not available for sale products.

They should clearly state their layaway policies up front. Did they let you change your layaway bike?

Zapkin 12-02-2022 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy (Post 387363)
They should clearly state their layaway policies up front. Did they let you change your layaway bike?

They made everything great! gave me the X-Pect for sale price and applied my lay-away to it as well.

I am a happy camper at the moment.

I am getting a better bike than my old GY-5 for only two hundred bucks more than I paid in 2008! With a nice warranty.

My son-in-law and I will be putting it together, which is actually a great thing for all of the reasons you guys mention on the forum. I already purchased the 17 tooth front sprocket and will pick up the other stuff I need gradually over the coming months until its paid and on its way.

Hap 12-02-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapkin (Post 387377)
They made everything great! gave me the X-Pect for sale price and applied my lay-away to it as well.

I am getting a better bike than my old GY-5 for only two hundred bucks more than I paid in 2008! With a nice warranty.

My son-in-law and I will be putting it together, which is actually a great thing for all of the reasons you guys mention on the forum. I already purchased the 17 tooth front sprocket and will pick up the other stuff I need gradually over the coming months until its paid and on its way.

That’s great to hear!

buzz 12-02-2022 11:02 AM

Hey thats great, thinking of buying another bike. Thanks for your thoughts.

Fast_Freddy 12-02-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapkin (Post 387377)

That's great, glad to hear it.

BJ 12-02-2022 01:00 PM

I recently bought two bikes from Powersports max on Friday and they were in my garage by Thursday. So far they have been OK to deal with. I haven't had any issues that I need them to address so I can't give them any meaningful review one way or the other. When I ordered on Friday they immediately charged my CC and that night I had an email that my order was sent to the warehouse. On Thursday when I opened the bikes there was very little damage to the outside cardboard/steel. The bikes themselves at first glance look really good except for a scratch to a rack along with a tiny paint defect that's no big deal. I think one of the reasons mine came in such good condition was that their warehouse is only ~6 hours from me, the bikes only had to stop once, and that the bikes did not change hands multiple times. The shipper they used was R+L, twice now in three years they've delivered bikes with very clean packaging, and both times the delivery driver has been absolutley fantastic. If your bike is shipped through R+L be aware that they DO NOT require a signature for the bike and that it is company policy that it is left on the driveway. It is also R+L policy that they WILL NOT leave the bike in your garage for you BUT the driver I had was very helpful and was able to do it for me. If you live someplace with rain and snow or you can't get to the bike for a few days be prepared to have it sitting outside if you don't have a way to move it yourself.

To anyone who is buying one of these bikes online for the first time: Remember that you're not buying it from a local dealer and these aren't Japanese bikes where they take extreme pride in what they build and pay close attention to detail. These bikes were built by a companies most of us know nothing about, they were packaged then shipped from the other side of the world, and are mostly sold by people who know nothing about them from the other side of the country. Not all companies who sell China bikes are the same and there are definitely better companies/products out there BUT you'll be paying more. My CSC TT250 came out of the box perfect a few years ago with all bolts tight with markings and these two bikes I just bought will need to be fully gone over, tightened, and some parts will need to be upgraded immediately for reliability and safety. Just understand what you're getting for your money and what effort you will need to put in.

Texas Pete 12-13-2022 08:59 AM

Powersportsmax has been above and beyond on replacing parts documented with photographs as having shipping damage. They have come up with suggested remedies for other issues that may not be shipping damage related (inner tubes/slow air leak). In general my own personal experiences with them they are very serious about wanting to be in the business and having happy customers post purchase with support on shipped bikes for anything found during the unboxing and inspection process. In general this has led to a positive experience and I would as a result buy from them again in the future.

Hap 12-13-2022 10:56 PM

I just received my second bike from Powersportsmax. An Xpro Sail 150 for my Grandson. Again everything has gone smoothly. The bike arrived in perfect condition. R&L has been great for me so far. This bike was shipped out of Texas, and went through the Memphis hub then Birmingham, before arriving at my house. Powersportsmax has been good also. I had one warranty issue with my Templar X. (Taillight didn’t work). I am still waiting on that. But it’s due to arrive this Friday.

2LZ 12-14-2022 12:33 PM

Good to see some positive responses here. Most of these mail order places are hot/cold/sketchy, at best.

Here's a fine example of the crap they pull. You see this in the CA Legal section. WOW! Jump on it and buy it. Then you scroll all the way down to the CARB info. Certified "red sticker". Great, just what I want to do. Ride my brand new X-Pro street bike on an enclosed MX track only six months out of the year.
You really have to watch these guys. Manny is the worst of the lot.

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/23807

JerryHawk250 12-14-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 387975)
Good to see some positive responses here. Most of these mail order places are hot/cold/sketchy, at best.

Here's a fine example of the crap they pull. You see this in the CA Legal section. WOW! Jump on it and buy it. Then you scroll all the way down to the CARB info. Certified "red sticker". Great, just what I want to do. Ride my brand new X-Pro street bike on an enclosed MX track only six months out of the year.
You really have to watch these guys. Manny is the worst of the lot.

It must be a typo on there site. The bike does have EPA approval for highway for all 50 states. Boom International Holdings (USA), Inc. Is one of the few that manage to get EPA approval in California.

joallen001 12-14-2022 05:26 PM

I am glad to see these post. I was going with venom because google reviews for powersportsmax are pretty bad. So much so that I was just going to spend more money and go with venom on a 125cc quad. I will have to reconsider now!

JerryHawk250 12-14-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joallen001 (Post 387996)
I am glad to see these post. I was going with venom because google reviews for powersportsmax are pretty bad. So much so that I was just going to spend more money and go with venom on a 125cc quad. I will have to reconsider now!

Can't go wrong with Venom that's for sure. :tup: PSM has a good reputation on here as well but i never had bought from them to say otherwise.

culcune 12-17-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 387975)

It seems that some of the BOOM bikes need to have their CARB certification renewed from time to time. I have seen this happen on PSM and other retailers' sites--a bike has CARB certification, then seemingly months later, no longer has it, or it goes 'Red'.

IA_Grvlrnr 03-30-2023 12:50 AM

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

See my review thread. https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31560

My perception is that PSM, they just said F-that guy (me). I have tried to handle this through email and been nothing but polite. I know if I tried to call I could not be based on my experience so far. My recommendation is to look at buying something from Venom or Orion.

Fast_Freddy 03-30-2023 01:36 AM

Minor gripe but my headlight bulb was defective and PSM required a video to prove it. Like I would make that shit up for a free $10 led bulb when I could just order a far superior led bulb from Amazon for $20, which I did.

JimmyLocksmith 04-18-2023 08:37 PM

Has anyone successfully used a Discount Coupon code with PSM?