ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Help IronFist with his cb350? On going tread. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=2158)

IronFist 01-27-2008 07:47 PM

Help IronFist with his cb350? On going tread.

I want to ride with my tools, and I want to be able to pick up milk when passing the store on the way home. Or tools and clothes when on a trip.

I'm having trouble deciding on what to use to carry stuff on my cb350 twin. The stock k4 rear rack is very rare. CB350 Four rack doesn't fit. A used k4 rack went on e-bay for $140, and they don't come up for sale much. :x The bike is short wheel to wheel and saddle bags might look kinda dumb. I'm thinking a seat bag? But I need ideas.

Would soft saddlebags look stupid?
How did you carry stuff on your cb?
Do you still have it laying around and want to sell it cheap?
I would have put this in the buy and sell forum, but as of yet I don't know what I need. :? , I'm so new :( .

Jim 01-28-2008 04:01 AM

If I see anything I will let yah know, though I haven't been really looking for mine yet, I've got a pickup to deal with first, and also my new lifan...

These are some cheap soft saddle bags I picked up, I intended to use them with my lifan, but I don't know for sure what I will do with them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXL-1...2007QQtcZphoto

I'm not sure how they'd look on a cb350

IronFist 01-28-2008 10:27 AM

Yep Jim.
I've seen that luggage, they can attach to their tail bag too. I think the tail and 2 saddlebags would look trick on a KLR or a bigger chinabike. The other reason I liked their bags was the shipping price. I can't get leather bags shipped to canada for under $40, even from just across the border. The Ebay store "candianleather" is 20 miles from me, in Ontario, they sell bags cheap, 35$. They still want to charge $40 for delivery. I'd go pick up a set if I knew they would look OK, but I've never seen a picture of a CB350 with hard or soft saddlebags. I think leather would look better, but really I have no clue. :?

If I just go with a tail bag strapped to my flat seat I've got a packsack that I can mod to fit for free. It's not a bad option, but I don't think it's the best option. :? There must be lots of members who rode cb's "back in the day." How did you folks carry your stuff?

frostbite 01-28-2008 10:53 AM

To be honest, I think any of the older Japanese bikes look better with the nylon bags. Leave the leather to the HD crowd.

IronFist 01-28-2008 12:40 PM

thanks Brother. 8)
Sounds stupid, but my mom hordes luggage. I sent her a pic of what I got and told her what I want. Ya I was thinking nylon too. I lost a bid for honda samsonite 70's hard sidebags. I would have started borrowing money to get them if I knew they would look good. I think they would have looked good, but I thought a solo seat would look good, and I was SOOOOooooo wrong :oops:

A rubberized nylon tail bag. I'm gonna try to mod it from a packsack so that the sholder straps tie together under the seat. Even if it's a temp solution, I should be able to find out if it will work for me. Does anyone have 12"? x 15'? x6"? tail bag that they can part with cheap? Ha, or even loan? I'm pretty sure I can mcGyver something. :lol:

IronFist 02-03-2008 10:41 PM

I'm having a hard time finding a 72 cb350 K4 rear luggage rack. I put a pic at the end of my album, page8 of the gallery. Any help would be great. Other years can be modded to fit too so please let me know. Thanks. N2r.

Jim 02-04-2008 12:02 AM

[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7240& g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

katoranger 02-04-2008 08:38 AM

Let me know if you find one in the US and need a place to ship it too. I can send it to you from here.

I have a universal type, but it would uglify your bike.

Allen

kelly5150 02-04-2008 09:06 AM

Yo Bro

Yo Bro,
Did you look on JCwhitneys site yet ? They have them for your year bike , you may not like thier price , but they do have some options for it too, backrest and all ?

Are you still trying to get this bike over to the Isle Of Man to do what you did to my Norton riders in 70's with your evil alcohol and your even evil-er Lady's of The Night ?
Let me guess , the luggage rack is for carrying more booze right , or is it for riding three up this time , with two extra girls I am sure to send to my riders Motel prior to the race !
Have you not shamed the Norton and Triumph riders enough with your puny little CB350 Honda , that your going over to do it agian arent you !
And now, with a luggage rack no less on the bike ! :lol:
The humanity man ! 8O :lol:

When you arrive off the Ferry ,give me a call when you get to the Pub would ya :lol: I have a reception crew waiting for your arrival this time .

Later, Cheers , and lots of Cider and Pints for em today, I obviously need them after learning of your ploy to the Isle .

Kelly5150 out

katoranger 02-04-2008 04:07 PM

Here is one for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...link:middle:us

Allen

IronFist 02-05-2008 12:33 PM

Kato: That's me bidding! 8O No shill bidding guys. LOL :o
Yep and I've got some fenders on the go too. They are 15 footers/ they look great at 15 feet away :lol: . I think the rack's got the thinner tubing and will go a lot cheaper than the thick tubed ones. $150. I have to find places that accept cheque payment, because of the wife's not liking sending CC info over the net. Then some ebayers won't mail to Canada. :oops: But with this guy it's ok.

Jim: Thanks for posting that pic brother. I'm anti tech now, I wasn't always.

Kelly the Isle of man is safe from me. I intend to baby the bike's Rpm's and test it's indurance. I want to ride it slowly all over Canada. As for JC's stuff, it's good aftermarket, but not very stock.

As soon as the good weather hits I'll post pics. This winter projet really has helped with the lack of riding. Thanks All 8)

IronFist 02-06-2008 05:55 PM

Bidding on eBay is like playing slots at the cassino. 8O
If I win my bike will look pretty good at 5 feet away, and I'll have a place for my tools. If I don't then I have to wait and try the machine again. :x I need more tokens. :P

katoranger 02-06-2008 06:50 PM

At least the seller is willing to work with you. Let me know if you need a US address to ship too.

Allen

ambassador 02-06-2008 08:46 PM

New,
You have to set up a PayPal account, it's just like opening a bank account where you control the money that is sent and most sellers have Paypal accounts too, it's pretty safe...

IronFist 02-06-2008 09:21 PM

Ambassador:
That's the thing, wife doesn't like paypal, rational or not, that's the way it is. But it's cool. I'm working around it. It's more work, but no big deal. Every time I tell her I've got a bid on ebay, she asks "how much?" with that look in her eye. :x When I say it's only $30 or $40 she never bats a lash. She's a keeper.

Kato:
It's not just the address, it's the ebay account. You would have to bid on the item I tell you to bid on, up to my max, and then trust me to pay you. Then mail it on to me once you get the cash and pay. We'd have to have it well figured out in advance. There is a lot of stuff I haven't bid on because of circumstances, but eventually I find a simular item with less conditions. I haven't been shut out yet. :roll: I got 3 side covers for 97 cents each, that was my best purchase, too bad the shipping was $12. :lol:

katoranger 02-06-2008 10:39 PM

Just let me know if you find something you just got to have.

FYI, I saw a 71 cb350 listed in Tucson, AZ http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=showpro&spid=29

Maybe AZ200 can grab it for you.

Allen

IronFist 02-07-2008 04:15 AM

Wow thanks again Kato, but I hope it never comes to that. So far the build is going well. The perfect bike is always only a couple hundred dollars away :P . If I do get the fenders and the rack, then I'll have really overspent. :cry: I have to get cash together for insurance. I don't have the cash for MBS. :?

The link is to a 250 chinabike? :?

The rack is about $50 now, and still days away from close, seems like what I bid on goes through the roof. :cry: You can buy a working Cb350 engine for what a nice luggage rack goes for. :evil:

katoranger 02-07-2008 10:56 AM

Wrong link. There was a cb350 for $50 on the Tucson craigslist.

Pile of parts.

Allen

IronFist 02-07-2008 04:58 PM

oooooooooooooo 8O
Parts bikes(cb350) are about $600 here. :evil:

katoranger 02-07-2008 06:13 PM

It would only cost about $600 to ship it to you. :lol:

You need to look at the craiglist just across the border from you. Might find a good american deal.

Allen

IronFist 02-07-2008 07:18 PM

:evil: :twisted: :evil:
Ever try to outbid 6 guys on ebay with dial up? :evil: :twisted: :evil:
I got the rear fender real nice for 5$. :o
8 bids in the last minute, and I lost the front fender. I would have saved on shipping but nooooooo. :cry:
I just dont have the cash to bid with confidence. :oops:

culcune 02-07-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
It would only cost about $600 to ship it to you. :lol:

You need to look at the craiglist just across the border from you. Might find a good american deal.

Allen

You Canadians should really put your fellow countrymen snowbirds to work. There seems like there should be lots of cubic meters worth of storage space in their RV's and trailers that they could bring Chinabikes and CB350 parts back with them in the spring...

katoranger 02-08-2008 09:03 AM

Good idea.

Allen

IronFist 02-08-2008 02:16 PM

culcune for PREZ! :P
I don't like my dad, no one does, he's a knob, not a knoob. :?
After his 2nd heart attack he has wanted to mend old wounds, and he goes to Florida every year. I never even thought of it till you mentioned it Culcune.

I wish I knew other snow birds, but he's the only one that drives. Because of registration, I need to keep the frame and the part of the motorcase with the #'s, that's it. Sure I got the side covers for 99cents each, and the rear fender for 5$. The shipping charge is the bit that hurts. I think I got SBD. Shiny bike disease. :cry:

AZ200cc 02-08-2008 02:25 PM

I could mail the bike piece by piece :lol:

culcune 02-08-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new2riding
culcune for PREZ! :P

Maybe the president of a small company, but believe me, you wouldn't want me running a country, unless its that really, really small one on the derrick off the coast of England--Sealand!

I had thought of this (utilizing snowbirds, not running for president) a couple of years ago, but this year, with the dollar to dollar valuation, you (Canadians) could really benefit with some of the products you have to pay top dollar for, such as Chinese bikes...or CB350 parts bikes!!

IronFist 02-11-2008 01:27 AM

I GOT THE RACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: 8O :D 8O :lol: :roll: 8O :D :twisted: WOOOOOOooooooHHHOOOOOOOOooooo! :D

If anyone wants a bunch of radio controlled stuff dirt cheap, let me know. I need an new fender now :cry:

katoranger 02-11-2008 01:00 PM

Congrats. I added you to my ebay favorites list.

I am katoranger there too.

Allen

IronFist 02-15-2008 01:07 AM

Is there a 12 step program for eBay?
I got the luggage rack, rear fender, and front fender(no pitting), and another set of air box covers(with 350 emblems). The crazy thing is, I'm not using the air boxes. I'm using cone filters and I rejetted. I only got the first set of covers so you can't see through the middle of the bike. Now they arn't good enough. I had to get the 1972 covers with emblems :oops: . All this since Monday.

I still want to get a new petcock and the high beam indicator that goes on the top of the headlight. It's like the cherry on top. They sell new tach's and speedos and yes they are so nice that I almost hit the by now button at $150 each/ The wife would kill me. It's gotta stop. I gotta remember that this is not a museum bike and never will be. But they keep offering great stuff Ebay! :twisted: It's not the price of the part, shipping is usually more. $5 rear fender and $29 shipping. :roll: More pics pg 8 of gallery. Almost have as many hits as frosty, but can't quite get there. :lol:

Hey you eBayers, when you're bidding on something you really want and you're down to 45 seconds, and you place a bid 1/3 higher than you know it will go. Does it give you a bit of a gambling bug, buzzzz? 8O

IronFist 03-11-2008 02:46 PM

I put up 3 before and after kinda pics in my album, page 8 of the gallery. 8O The airbox covers came out nice concidering I payed 12$ and just a NOS set of emblems that go on the covers go for well over $100. I wish I could say that I got rid of the pitting in the fender, but I had to buy another. The Rack fit perfect, and looks right on the bike. The bag I chose works well. What you see in the pic holds my tools, it's insulated like a cooler. The bag unzips and it turns into a packsack, easily fits a helmet and more with my tools in the cooler below. It also holds extra bungees so I can tie down the whole packsack to the luggage rack.

I need more gallery hits, my album is always 200 hits less than Frosty's :x Again thanks to Frostbite for suggesting nylon luggage. I think it has a correct look to it. :wink:

Jim 03-11-2008 03:01 PM

How do you know how many hits your gallery has?

What do you think of these 2 bikes,
http://pcpowersports.com/details.htm...d=229409&cat=6
http://pcpowersports.com/details.htm...d=229400&cat=6

The stuff all looks good, we need a shot of the whole bike though, with the new parts on it.

knothead 03-11-2008 03:02 PM

I bought these saddle bags and am happy with them. And let me tell you, they are FREAKING HUGE! They fit the Lifan almost perfectly though.
Saddlebags

This tail bag sounds good too, it's very large and converts to a daypack so you don't have to leave it when the bike is parked.
Tankbag

Just don't bother with the jackets listed, they suck (it's like wearing a garbage bag).

IronFist 03-11-2008 03:28 PM

When I go to the gallery before clicking on frosty's album it says 2471 views, mine says 2251 views. :)

I like the look of those bikes jim but not enough power. If there was a 150cc I would have picked it over the DS I bought. If I can get my bike running reliably(sp), I'd be verry happppy. As soon as the snow melts I'll have nice pics up. The year I get my motorcycle licence, we get the largest snow fall since 1936, figures eh?

Knot,
Ya I saw those bags, but since this one opens to a large packsack with a cooler underneeth and it was free from my ma, I'm going to give it a shot. I don't yet know what I need, so I'll save the cash for parts that I will need later.

Jim 03-11-2008 04:25 PM

Yeah would be nicer with a 200 or 250 even... I just like the style of the first one especially.

Knothead, I got a set of the saddle bags too and a tail bag... The tail bag I like, but I didn't know where to put the saddle bags what wouldn't cover my signals, did you put them infront of the rack?

knothead 03-11-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim
Yeah would be nicer with a 200 or 250 even... I just like the style of the first one especially.

Knothead, I got a set of the saddle bags too and a tail bag... The tail bag I like, but I didn't know where to put the saddle bags what wouldn't cover my signals, did you put them infront of the rack?

Jim,
I can't remember which bike you have, but if it has the same rack as mine put the rear most strap through the front part of the rack and under seat. The middle strap goes just in front of the pin that locks the seat down and the front most strap goes where ever it lands. The flat bungies on the bottoms, I latch the plastic hook up front to the little metal loop on the passenger pegs and then pull all of the elastic towards the back of the bike, loop that over the bike and attatch the other end to the plastic d-ring on the back of the other bag...... I really ought to just take a pic, it would be easier to understand.
So far I have had no trouble with the bags getting burned on the pipe and they are far enough back to leave plenty of room for my big feet.

Pics. And sorry about the hijack!

http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/473...4166143_rs.jpg

http://aycu17.webshots.com/image/457...4941661_rs.jpg

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/458...0540961_rs.jpg

Jim 03-11-2008 06:28 PM

Well, right now I have the GY6, but when I got the bags I made a quick attempt to put them on the GY5 I had at the time, where I had them covered up my signals, I don't think I tried putting them under the seat though, good idea, thanks.

knothead 03-11-2008 07:03 PM

N2R... In order to redeem myself (somewhat) for the mini hijack.
Have you seen this thread over on ADVRider on the CB 350 cafe project?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ght=cafe+racer

As soon as my TDM sells I'm plunking down some money either on a 350 or 750 to build into one of these bikes.

IronFist 03-11-2008 07:07 PM

No probs. good hijack and good pics :D

Knot. The 750 isn't that much more than the 350, but all repairs are X4 instead of X2. Mine was so close to stock I couldn't turn it into a cafe racer. I couldn't emagine painting my tank. The 325cc is only double the cc's of my old chinabike, but it's 4X's the horsepower. 8O If I were going to make a cafe racer I would use the 1973 G model, because of the disk break. It's not a great disk but it's better than the drums front and back that I have. I think all the 750's came with disk. My bike was cheaper than a Tomos Moped used or a new chinabike. With the cash I've put in so far to fix it up, it's equal to what I payed for the chinabike. The cool factor of owning a 36 year old bike is very high. 8)

Jim 03-11-2008 08:09 PM

Thanks for the pictures Knothead, New2Riding, sorry about the hijack also..

IronFist 03-11-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim
Thanks for the pictures Knothead, New2Riding, sorry about the hijack also..

:D