ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   News, Support, & Feedback (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Hawk 250 DLX (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21002)

Vingotti 04-14-2018 06:59 PM

Hawk 250 DLX

Perhaps this is a sneak peak of what the new EFI Hawk will be. Check out KMT CFR250.

redneck51587 04-15-2018 06:37 PM

I already have a Hawk 250. I have heard about the DLX model but also that it will carry a hefty price tag of $3k!!! That is more than double the price of the original hawk 250

redneck51587 04-15-2018 06:52 PM

http://m.china-motorbike.com/sdm/128...ine_avail.html

Is this what you were talking about??

shanesaw 04-15-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck51587 (Post 277483)

That website has a ton of bikes! I hope someone imports that kmt200...that thing looks like a tw200 with the big fat rear wheel.

Megadan 04-16-2018 03:55 AM

For $3000, that thing better come with more than just EFI. I can add EFI to my Hawk for $200-300 right now.

For $3000, it better have the following.
1. Better forks - I.E. Fast Ace or equivalent USD forks.
2. Better rear shock - preload and rebound adjustment at a minimum.
3. Better rear swing arm - Not the stamped steel nonsense that can crush from tightening the rear axle nut.
4. Better hubs, spokes, and rims - Self explanatory.
5. Better plastic quality.
6 Better fasteners, bearings, and other misc hardware.

It better be an amazing machine for that price point, because $3,000 is GOOD used Japanese enduro territory.

Also, not to be picky, but for a bit more than 3 grand I can get an LXR250F - a bike that has some serious hardware AND a liquid cooled engine with 20 more cc's, 10+ more hp and 1 more gear in the trans. So it better at least come somewhat close to matching that bike for anybody to shell out that kind of cash for.

ben2go 04-16-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck51587 (Post 277483)

That is a water cooled EFI Hawk.

Goshawk 04-18-2018 04:53 PM

At $690 per unit cost, minimum order ten, I have to wonder where the sum of $3000 is conjured up from? As things stand, all Chinese bikes depend on being, "very affordable", which is a polite euphemism for cheap; Otherwise people would flee in droves to used or new Jap bikes. Someone in southern New Hampshire is trying to off load 2017 Hawks for $1900 a pop, and apparently has several, at least. I do wonder how he got them and what his margins are if FI bikes are $690?

JerryHawk250 04-18-2018 05:28 PM

The only problem is I don't see is that it's not EPA certified for off or on road.

shanesaw 04-18-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshawk (Post 277743)
At $690 per unit cost, minimum order ten, I have to wonder where the sum of $3000 is conjured up from? As things stand, all Chinese bikes depend on being, "very affordable", which is a polite euphemism for cheap; Otherwise people would flee in droves to used or new Jap bikes. Someone in southern New Hampshire is trying to off load 2017 Hawks for $1900 a pop, and apparently has several, at least. I do wonder how he got them and what his margins are if FI bikes are $690?

I saw that someone was selling them for that in southern NH. Also there was a guy in central VT selling them for 1900 and had a few taotao quads as well.

My guess is these guys are not importers and are buying the hawks for 1399 and just trying to make a few bucks on Craiglist. If they buy 5 and make 400/500 profit on 4 bikes they get the 5th one free.

dpl096 04-18-2018 09:04 PM

No thank you....I'll keep my 3 grand....

Goshawk 04-19-2018 07:50 AM

"I saw that someone was selling them for that in southern NH. Also there was a guy in central VT selling them for 1900 and had a few taotao quads as well.

My guess is these guys are not importers and are buying the hawks for 1399 and just trying to make a few bucks on Craiglist. If they buy 5 and make 400/500 profit on 4 bikes they get the 5th one free."

Possibly so, but my point is, if fuel injected bikes are $690, (probably "Free on Board" in China somewhere) what must the 250RPS Hawk be, given the speculated $1600 price hike? FI does not cost that much. It is all speculation and for myself FI will not provide what I want ie 32HP, six speed trans with a tall 6th gear. I won't be holding my breath.

Megadan 04-19-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshawk (Post 277778)

Possibly so, but my point is, if fuel injected bikes are $690, (probably "Free on Board" in China somewhere) what must the 250RPS Hawk be, given the speculated $1600 price hike? FI does not cost that much. It is all speculation and for myself FI will not provide what I want ie 32HP, six speed trans with a tall 6th gear. I won't be holding my breath.

Which goes back to my comment. For that price increase, even if it didn't have the kind of power you want, it better have a bunch of other hardware to back up that insane price hike. If it is just a Hawk with a water cooled, EFI, version of the CG motor making 18hp. I will spend my money elsewhere.

Now, if it can hold a candle to the higher end bikes offered by Pitster Pro and SSR - aka Fast Ace suspension with actual travel, alloy rims and hubs, etc. Maybe.

pistolclass 04-20-2018 08:05 AM

I could be wrong but that does not include shipping or EPA testing let alone NTSHA testing either. And forget CARB testing. I believe the importer is responsible for that otherwise I'd order a shipping container (96 units) of them.... Not kidding.

Weldangrind 04-20-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 277845)
I could be wrong but that does not include shipping or EPA testing let alone NTSHA testing either. And forget CARB testing. I believe the importer is responsible for that otherwise I'd order a shipping container (96 units) of them.... Not kidding.

It occurred to me that it might be wise to buy a container of bikes, even if just for parts. If the bikes can be imported for off-road use only, perhaps CARB doesn't come into play (it doesn't in Canada). The frames would be useless, but there would be a giant cache of motors, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. I'm pretty sure the group here would be in need of such things eventually.

Goshawk 04-20-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

That's what I meant by FOB (Free On Board) in China. The importer carries the rest of the cost. I did this for a living in another life.

wrastu 04-22-2018 10:44 AM

This may have been covered, however what is this? Looks like a regular Hawk?

They claim 75mph top speed.....

https://www.tuffatvs.com/Detail.cfm?id=99

JerryHawk250 04-24-2018 10:48 AM

I see it as false advertisement. Looks like a regular Hawk to me in the pictures. I would request actual pictures of these upgrades.

UPGRADES ALL OVER THIS ONE, HENCE THE DLX (deluxe) NAME!! Heavy Duty, reinforced fame, aluminum triple tree/forks, aluminum handlebars, aluminum footpegs, enhanced engine for more power on the low end, Hi-Flow exhaust and piping!!

I see no evidence of these upgrades in the pictures. The Hawk comes with steel handle bars, steel foot pegs and a plugged up exhaust. Now if they actually do have these upgrades it would be a great price. The Hawk is capable of 75mph but not in stock form. It will take some fine tuning and mods.

JerryHawk250 04-24-2018 11:01 AM

Just for the heck of it I requested more information on the upgrades. Lets see what they come back with.

wrastu 04-24-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 278162)
I see it as false advertisement. Looks like a regular Hawk to me in the pictures. I would request actual pictures of these upgrades.

UPGRADES ALL OVER THIS ONE, HENCE THE DLX (deluxe) NAME!! Heavy Duty, reinforced fame, aluminum triple tree/forks, aluminum handlebars, aluminum footpegs, enhanced engine for more power on the low end, Hi-Flow exhaust and piping!!

I see no evidence of these upgrades in the pictures. The Hawk cmes with steel handle bars, steel foot pegs and a plugged up exhaust. Now if they actually do have these upgrades it would be a great price. The Hawk is capable of 75mph but not in stock form. It will take some fine tuning and mods.

I have called 4 sellers today and all of them over the phone sound like they have no idea what they are talking about and talk down to you like you know even less.

No you don't want that, this is better, etc, etc.

Who is a reasonable dealer that knows what they are selling and doesn't assume I know nothing and they have to steer me to what they are selling.

I had a price from an SSR dealer on a 250 for $4980!

Yamaha shop 60 miles from my place is selling 2018 XT250's for $3999.

I just want a decent little putt put to play with, geez

The Hawk and Bashan bikes are more what I am looking for, they seem to know nothing except what the paper says, and they seem to be all about selling but really don't know their product.

wrastu 04-24-2018 01:30 PM

I did find a Storm 250 at a regular motorcycle shop out the door at $1895 alreat assembled , prepped, and set up, title paper work should be easy, not sure if its a deal or not.

Bet it has a KPH speedo.

Pic
http://www.fentonpowersports.com/Rok...250Enduro.html

Add

http://www.fentonpowersports.com/Rok...250Enduro.html

Opinions ?

JerryHawk250 04-24-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrastu (Post 278177)
I have called 4 sellers today and all of them over the phone sound like they have no idea what they are talking about and talk down to you like you know even less.

No you don't want that, this is better, etc, etc.

Who is a reasonable dealer that knows what they are selling and doesn't assume I know nothing and they have to steer me to what they are selling.

I had a price from an SSR dealer on a 250 for $4980!

Yamaha shop 60 miles from my place is selling 2018 XT250's for $3999.

I just want a decent little putt put to play with, geez

The Hawk and Bashan bikes are more what I am looking for, they seem to know nothing except what the paper says, and they seem to be all about selling but really don't know their product.

Well I sent them a couple of emails, Tried calling and no answers. In the mean time I did a check on them. RUN!! STAY AWAY!! WOW, Talk about a bad reputation. They are about as shady as they can get. They have gone as far as changing the name of the company there rep was so bad. Here are a few good dealers I have dealt with and were strait up with me and took care of any issues after the sale. Killermotorsports.com and APSCUSA.com. I know a few others on here have dealt with q9powersportsusa.com and had good results. I'm sure there are a few others and someone will chime in.

wrastu 04-24-2018 01:46 PM

Thanks I seen their sites, but will now go do a goo look see.

Megadan 04-24-2018 02:45 PM

I purchased through Killermotorsports. Nothing but good things to say from my experience.

JerryHawk250 04-24-2018 03:47 PM

So I finally got an email back from them. They didn't answer a single question. Just Thanks and a picture of a stock Hawk on the left side. No picture of the Hi-flow exhaust. lol I replied back asking about pictures of all the upgrades that you are advertising on your web site. Waiting on that reply now.

Megadan 04-24-2018 04:01 PM

I doubt you will get a reply back. From what I can tell though, the DLX looks to have a massive 15cc larger engine, stiffer fork springs, and a bunch of parts you can add to a normal Hawk. Until more official info is released we will be guessing. Stock photos of the normal Hawk and even the RPS Viper (???) seems to be all we will get.

As of right now I have seen nothing that will make me give up my normal Hawk. Especially not for double the price.

JerryHawk250 04-24-2018 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Megadan;278190]photos of the normal Hawk and even the RPS Viper (???) QUOTE]
:lmao: I saw that. Hate deceptive dealers. And they wonder why they get bad reviews.

wrastu 04-24-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 278184)
I purchased through Killermotorsports. Nothing but good things to say from my experience.

Thank you.

wrastu 04-24-2018 05:16 PM

Thanks JerryHawk and Megadan

pistolclass 04-24-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshawk (Post 277912)
That's what I meant by FOB (Free On Board) in China. The importer carries the rest of the cost. I did this for a living in another life.

Yeah me too. I just wanted to use terms that folks not in the biz would understand. FOB you own it once it is picked off the loading dock.

JerryHawk250 05-01-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrastu (Post 277969)
This may have been covered, however what is this? Looks like a regular Hawk?

They claim 75mph top speed.....

https://www.tuffatvs.com/Detail.cfm?id=99

I haven't heard back from these guys after there 1st email. I explain that I already own a Hawk and was helping out a friend to find out what the upgrade were. I asked to send me pictures of the so called upgrades they are advertising and asked if they had changed out the stock sprockets and tuned the carburetor to achieve the 75 mph they claim. No reply. But now if you go to there website the bike slowed down to 60mph. :lmao:But they still have all the upgrades listed. :ohno:

imapdog 05-03-2018 08:54 AM

couldn't help myself and contacted txps where i got my 2017 hawk from. i think they are the main seller of the rps brand. anyways....i inquired about the 2018 hawk details. he said they wont have any 'major' differences compared to the 2017. he also mentioned the hawk dlx will come out in about 6 months. i have been confused all along here and must have missed some context.....i was under the impression that the 2018 model will be the dlx, but txps just told me 2018 250 hawk wont have any major differences and just learned that the hawk dlx will be significant changes but will be in 6 months....no comment on the dlx specs. maybe i will get it out of them.....:)

edit:
their final reply word for word about the dlx;(i wont bother them anymore hee hee)

"Hi we are not sure yet only thing we know
that it will be a DOT bike and EFI..."

JerryHawk250 05-03-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapdog (Post 279056)
couldn't help myself and contacted txps where i got my 2017 hawk from. i think they are the main seller of the rps brand. anyways....i inquired about the 2018 hawk details. he said they wont have any 'major' differences compared to the 2017.

If they would upgrade to the digital speedometer and put at least a 45 tooth sprocket on the rear would be a big improvement. Stock speedo is not even close to correct and the 50 tooth on the rear is just way to low geared.

Megadan 05-03-2018 12:27 PM

I agree, Jerry, that they should at least try to improve the areas that many people have complained about. Change the rear hub to a bolt on sprocket like the TT250, and either a smaller rear sprocket, or even a 17 tooth front sprocket.

JerryHawk250 05-03-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapdog (Post 279056)
edit:
their final reply word for word about the dlx;(i wont bother them anymore hee hee)

"Hi we are not sure yet only thing we know
that it will be a DOT bike and EFI..."

Now that's what we want to hear. :tup:

rideMI 05-03-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 277860)
It occurred to me that it might be wise to buy a container of bikes, even if just for parts. If the bikes can be imported for off-road use only, perhaps CARB doesn't come into play (it doesn't in Canada). The frames would be useless, but there would be a giant cache of motors, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. I'm pretty sure the group here would be in need of such things eventually.

Pistolclass is very near what needs to be done to import.
I could be wrong, but trying to get DIYcycles.us off the ground and talking with EPA, off road use only, like the Hawk, all you need is to be EPA compliant. CARB is more complicated. You can import all the non compliant motorcycles you want but they must be CKD. The engine must have the crank and piston rod separated. So what you have is a CKD engine and whole lot of parts. Not what I want to import.

I may have found a loophole in EPA rules so I can import non compliant Dirt Bikes. Got EPA :hmm: they have not said NO, but I need the paper work and it never shows up. It's like they are putting me off >:(

The container of bikes I would like to import are from Fuego.