ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   I'm joining the RX3 club (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15447)

keithmaine 11-05-2015 10:41 AM

I'm joining the RX3 club

I called Steve yesterday afternoon and put my deposit down on a Red RX3 with Explorer package so I could get in on the free shipping deal. I have my TW200 and my Goldwing up for sale (both listed on Maine Craigslist) and was hoping to buy another bike only after making room for the RX3. But I am cheap and opted to save money instead the 2016 is going up in price and I am saving shipping cost.
I may end up leaving her in the crate and storing her at my business until the end of Feb. if I can wait that long :D

I will finalize things with Steve today.

Lee R 11-05-2015 10:59 AM

Keith I think you'll be quite happy with the RX3. Good that you got free shipping in the deal. Did they mention what the 2016 price was going up too?

keithmaine 11-05-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee R (Post 196657)
Keith I think you'll be quite happy with the RX3. Good that you got free shipping in the deal. Did they mention what the 2016 price was going up too?

It will either be $3695 or $3895, he was not sure yet. There will be a silver color added also.

Lee R 11-05-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithmaine (Post 196659)
It will either be $3695 or $3895, he was not sure yet. There will be a silver color added also.

I hope they include free shipping as standard with those new prices. Seems you can get 1000 dollar snowblowers shipped for free or riding lawnmowers that cost far less than the RX3 and weigh as much or more.

Adding 600 dollars to 3900 plus the assembly fee probably would have been to steep for me to bite for mine. That's 4500-4700 before tax which is kind of a leap as good as the bike is. With free shipping it would still be a good deal however.

keithmaine 11-05-2015 11:21 AM

So the reason I ended up choosing red is I just purchased this a little over a month ago.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...67&oe=56BC6DA4

The Red RX3 will match

note the emblem resemblance

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/v/vspf.../header_bg.png http://www.miniusa.com/etc/designs/m...small-main.png

keithmaine 11-05-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee R (Post 196660)
I hope they include free shipping as standard with those new prices. Seems you can get 1000 dollar snowblowers shipped for free or riding lawnmowers that cost far less than the RX3 and weigh as much or more.

Adding 600 dollars to 3900 plus the assembly fee probably would have been to steep for me to bite for mine. That's 4500-4700 before tax which is kind of a leap as good as the bike is. With free shipping it would still be a good deal however.

The shipping to Maine was going to be $425.00 even if they raise the price a couple hundred it is still a good price.

Lee R 11-05-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithmaine (Post 196661)
So the reason I ended up choosing red is I just purchased this a little over a month ago.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...67&oe=56BC6DA4

The Red RX3 will match

note the emblem resemblance

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/v/vspf.../header_bg.png http://www.miniusa.com/etc/designs/m...small-main.png

Those Mini's look fun to drive, and yes, looks like some "inspiration" came from the emblem haha!

Is that Rhubarb back there? Love strawberry rhubarb pie!

keithmaine 11-05-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee R (Post 196663)
Those Mini's look fun to drive, and yes, looks like some "inspiration" came from the emblem haha!

Is that Rhubarb back there? Love strawberry rhubarb pie!

Why yes it is (rhubarb that is) and I love it as well :tup:

And the Mini is very fun it is replacing my Ural for my winter ride this year.

Weldangrind 11-05-2015 11:34 AM

I've been waiting for this day. :D Congrats on your new bike.

Ok, please redirect your attention to your Ural resto thread. I'll go there and wait.

:D

keithmaine 11-05-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 196666)
I've been waiting for this day. :D Congrats on your new bike.

Ok, please redirect your attention to your Ural resto thread. I'll go there and wait.

:D

That is why I have to keep her in the box until Feb. it will force me to get the Ural done.

detours 11-05-2015 12:10 PM

Congrats on the new RX3 and great choice on the red. You'll enjoy the extra torque ;)

Also, nice Mini! I have a Mini Countryman and I love it :tup:

keithmaine 11-05-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detours (Post 196669)
Congrats on the new RX3 and great choice on the red. You'll enjoy the extra torque ;)

Also, nice Mini! I have a Mini Countryman and I love it :tup:

:tup:

:thanks:

rtking 11-05-2015 12:46 PM

Congrats Keithmaine! Great color choice and compliment to your beautiful Mini. And you've got a great eye... I didn't notice the similarities the CSC logo has to the Mini logo!

So... do you really think you're going to keep the RX-3 crated-up all winter? Definitely good to make headway on the Ural restoration (love those!) but if it were me, I'd be tempted to at least look... or sit... or ride... :p

keithmaine 11-05-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtking (Post 196676)
Congrats Keithmaine! Great color choice and compliment to your beautiful Mini. And you've got a great eye... I didn't notice the similarities the CSC logo has to the Mini logo!

So... do you really think you're going to keep the RX-3 crated-up all winter? Definitely good to make headway on the Ural restoration (love those!) but if it were me, I'd be tempted to at least look... or sit... or ride... :p

:thanks:

I will keep it crated as long as I can hold out, because it will push me to get my project done. Once complete I will have room to bring her home.
The Ural in pieces takes up a lot of garage space.

SpudRider 11-05-2015 02:02 PM

Good for you, Keith. :tup: Welcome to The Cult of The Zong. :)

Resistance was futile. You have been assimilated. :lol:

keithmaine 11-05-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 196685)
Good for you, Keith. :tup: Welcome to The Cult of The Zong. :)

Resistance was futile. You have been assimilated. :lol:

Trust me being an American mfg. company I am taking a hit from one my partners. I had to show him that his beloved Duramax diesel is owned in part by Isuzu. And then point out the many China made parts on the vehicle. His theory is if he does know it is from China it's okay. He will not shop at Walmart because of this yet sends his wife there to buy stuff. :hmm:

I am a realist it is a world market, we will keep fighting the government restrictions that keep us from being competitive with many of these countries. The only way for a small mfg. to compete is to adapt, improvise, and overcome. :grr:

sorry

SpudRider 11-05-2015 02:54 PM

Your Ural is not manufactured in the United States, either. ;)

keithmaine 11-05-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 196695)
Your Ural is not manufactured in the United States, either. ;)

Trust me I take crap for that one too!
I am glutton for punishment

SpudRider 11-05-2015 04:39 PM

:lmao:

rickosuave1987 11-05-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithmaine (Post 196659)
There will be a silver color added also.

I was in the shop this morning and saw a silver bike there. It looked good! If I could have waited for mine, I would probably get silver.

ElkSlayer 11-05-2015 10:39 PM

Go to the CSC blog and they have a pic of a silver one...

Jim

SpudRider 11-05-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer (Post 196774)

Jim

Welcome to these forums, Jim. :hi: We are glad you joined us. :)

ElkSlayer 11-05-2015 11:59 PM

Thanks Spud,
I have been lurking for quite awhile... Was almost going to get a hold of you to check out your bike before we moved from Moscow a few months ago. Now, I live in Reno and am contemplating heading to Sacramento this weekend to check out the RX3 at the bike show. Two years ago, the wife gave me OFFICIAL permission to get an Africa Twin IF it made it to the states. Now that it is coming here, I am thinking she's a bit big for what I want to do...that's why I am looking seriously at the RX3.

Jim

SpudRider 11-06-2015 12:07 AM

It's not far from Reno to Sacramento, Jim. ;) If you can find the time, I think you would enjoy going over there to meet Ryan and Matt, and see the RX3 in person. :) Incidentally, it appears CSC is currently offering free shipping for the RX3. :tup:

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=18669

Weldangrind 11-06-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithmaine (Post 196696)
Trust me I take crap for that one too!
I am glutton for punishment

You're TW is Japanese, but I suspect your work partner is ok with that.

keithmaine 11-06-2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 196813)
You're TW is Japanese, but I suspect your work partner is ok with that.

Yes Japan is okay because right now we compete with China, Taiwan, and Malaysia on job quotes. And his beloved Duramax is half Jap :D

No problem he'll get over it :lmao:

keithmaine 11-06-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer (Post 196774)

Jim

Jim

You have the link? I checked all blogs did not see Silver

I would like to see it my bike has not yet been finalized, but that maybe a bike not available yet anyways.

ElkSlayer 11-06-2015 10:24 AM

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/...4083-2-650.jpg I am guessing this is it.

Jim

keithmaine 11-06-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer (Post 196845)

Jim

That is the white version

Keith

ElkSlayer 11-07-2015 08:14 PM

Oh...sorry! On my monitor, the black looks gray/silver. My apologies! :-)

rtking 11-07-2015 08:31 PM

I think silver will look great on the RX-3, especially with the black plastic.

But I'm sticking with my orange (fastest color) RX-3. :-)

keithmaine 11-08-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer (Post 197007)
Oh...sorry! On my monitor, the black looks gray/silver. My apologies! :-)

Yes looks like that to me also but the tank, fenders and caption say white

keithmaine 11-12-2015 01:59 PM

Well she shipped to me yesterday, minor address mess up Sara & Ryan are working on it now. As it was to be sent to my business and it is headed for my home. But she is on the way. Nothing but great service from CSC.

SpudRider 11-12-2015 02:39 PM

Congratulations. :tup:

You can't beat the excellent customer service from CSC. ;)

Weldangrind 11-12-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithmaine (Post 197522)
Well she shipped to me yesterday, minor address mess up Sara & Ryan are working on it now. As it was to be sent to my business and it is headed for my home. But she is on the way. Nothing but great service from CSC.

I sure hope you can resist the temptation to play with it before the Ural is done! :D

keithmaine 11-13-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 197546)
I sure hope you can resist the temptation to play with it before the Ural is done! :D

Haha

I have not had much time as of late to work on her. But I have most things buttoned up for winter now and next weekend return to business of getting the ole girl her make over.

keithmaine 11-18-2015 06:03 AM

Well my paper work came in the mail on Monday and the bike is due in tomorrow. :)

Weldangrind 11-18-2015 10:54 AM

Glad to hear that the paperwork arrived already. CSC really has their act together.

keithmaine 11-18-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 198060)
Glad to hear that the paperwork arrived already. CSC really has their act together.

Yes they do and the tracking of the bike on the truck has been awesome I know where it is everyday, right now it is in MA. trucking terminal, most likely changing trucks for delivery.

SpudRider 11-18-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 198060)

CSC really is a class act. :) I don't understand why everyone can't mail the bill of sale and MCO so these documents arrive before the motorcycle. :shrug: I had a license plate on my RX3 the day it arrived, and I went riding immediately after I completed assembly of the bike. :tup: