ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar X 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30518)

XNewt 05-25-2023 07:42 AM

So on suspension, when I turn it to "H" direction, then I am turning it "up" correct?

I thought I got a picture of it, but I did not, however if memory serves me at the bottom of the front forks is the compression and I remember thinking the arrows it shows is opposite of the rest of the directions. Like counter clockwise is "H". I am going to have to double check that one.

So is the course of action to dial clockwise regardless of the "H" or "S" indication, ride it a while, then dial them CCW till it feels good? If so, do you start moving the rebound first then the compression, or vise versa, or move the both at the same time?

Sorry for all the questions, I went for a ride the other day and I loved it but the suspension was significantly throwing my confidence off. On the short 1.5 mile run down the highway to the road I turned off to hit the trail, it felt like I was on a pogo stick kinda. Then on the trail it just seemed to harsh in a way I cannot describe.

I plan to ride again this afternoon hopefully, and I'll take a screwdriver with me, just looking for some guidance to dialing this in.

Thumper 05-25-2023 08:45 AM

H = Hard (clockwise), S = Soft (counter clockwise)

EDIT/correction:

The above applies to the rear shock (both settings) and the rebound setting on the fork tubes (top)

It is the OPPOSITE on the front compression setting (lower adjuster)
XNewt took a pic (post #1365/1366)
H = Hard (counter clockwise), S = Soft (clockwise)
Sorry for the mistake!

XNewt 05-25-2023 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 395366)
H = Hard (clockwise), S = Soft (counter clockwise)

That’s what they all indicate except the forks compression. It shows the opposite. I might be able to post a pic tomorrow.

XNewt 05-26-2023 07:28 AM

Here is the picture and why I am wondering if they may have labeled this backwards?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19UN...ew?usp=sharing

XNewt 05-26-2023 07:30 AM

I must not understand how to post pictures. Here is the link to the google drive where I put the picture.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19UN...ew?usp=sharing

Thumper 05-26-2023 10:03 AM

I corrected that. I forgot the lower fork setting is the opposite!
Thanks Newt

Quote:

Originally Posted by XNewt (Post 395406)
That’s what they all indicate except the forks compression. It shows the opposite. I might be able to post a pic tomorrow.

tknj99 05-26-2023 10:11 AM

Anyone ever hit a rev limit? guage shows 10k but havent ventured that high that i can recall and haven't run across a limit yet

XNewt 05-26-2023 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 395428)
I corrected that. I forgot the lower fork setting is the opposite!
Thanks Newt

So you don't think that maybe it is mislabeled? Does seem odd it is the only one that is like that.

TemplarM250 05-27-2023 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TemplarM250 (Post 395269)
Has anyone put on ODI lock on grips? Wondering if they will fit the Templar. Dropped the bike and bent the front brake lever and damaged the throttle tube a bit. Anyone got a good link for a front brake lever?

ODI grips are a no go with the Templar OE throttle setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknj99 (Post 395429)
Anyone ever hit a rev limit? guage shows 10k but havent ventured that high that i can recall and haven't run across a limit yet

Yeah it's at around 8-9000 RPM when I hit it.

Thumper 05-27-2023 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XNewt (Post 395440)
So you don't think that maybe it is mislabeled? Does seem odd it is the only one that is like that.

No. I am sure it is not mislabeled. KKE knows what they are doing. Check out KKEracing.com

Okierider 05-27-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sshoress (Post 394955)
https://i.ibb.co/SVX4Wf7/My-Templar-X.jpg
My baby! She's running like a dang DRZ400, cranks right up every time, gets down on the freeway and likes to whip the S%^T out of me in this florida sugar sand :shrug: haha
I wouldn't trade this thing... well...unless for a Husqvarna 701.... MAAAYBE a 500...

Very, very nice
What sprockets are you running, and is your exhaust a complete header back system?

And did your fat bar fit the stock bar risers?

Mikd 05-28-2023 06:50 PM

Is there a general consensus on this bike? I'm an avid dirt rider looking for something to hang off of the back of our rv for general runabout use and light trail use. Any response is appreciated.
Mike

tknj99 05-28-2023 07:38 PM

You'll love it. There's something to be said about going fast on a slow bike and this one delivers on most anything you can throw at it and when anything breaks cheap to repair.. loads of fun.. coming from an old time kx80, rm 125 guy (2 stroke of course) and tons of street bikes fast and slow

GypsyR 05-29-2023 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikd (Post 395525)
Is there a general consensus on this bike?

I had in mind sticking mine on the back of my RV too. Problem is that I want to carry my wife and two people don't fit on it too well. We can but I have to scoot way forward to keep ner butt from on the luggage rack. Now whether a Lifan, Hawk, or whatever would be better at that I don't know, but their seats look more suitable.
In any case my opinion is that my Templar is like 80% dirt and I'd probably really be better suited by something closer to a 50-50 dual sport. BUT I am still all about the enduro styling and capability anyway and am keeping it. :)

Chienmin Su 05-29-2023 08:05 AM

Engine oil change interval

Trying to get a consensus on oil changes. My 6-speed just passed 225 miles and I am planning ahead on oil change. Lots of different opinions on the intervals, conventional vs synthetic, and the capacity for oil changes. I had mine replaced with Mobile 15w-40 synthetic T6 at 0 mile, and had bought a gallon of Rotella T6 ready for the next change. I would appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

I apologize if this subject has been discussed before, unless I missed over use browsing and keyword search.

Many thanks,

Frank