ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   anthonyfa18's gy6 carb on beast 200cc and updats (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6465)

waynev 08-15-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
lol but i don't thing our frame will hold the power of a 450cc motor

100% agreed, i washed mine a few weeks back and now i'am spotting lots of rust at most of the joints on the frame which tells me there's lots of incomplete welds or cracks there.

mizke 08-15-2010 05:56 PM

that sucks guys, i only get rust on my exhaust, and bolts..

my atv stays outside under a tree with a cover.. no rust on the frame.. all my frame welds look nice and good, no complaints there.. even my dad who has built him self 2 sand rails from paper plans only even said the frame welds look good, but my brother n law's welds on the exhuast look like shit

anthonyfa18 08-15-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
lol but i don't thing our frame will hold the power of a 450cc motor

100% agreed, i washed mine a few weeks back and now i'am spotting lots of rust at most of the joints on the frame which tells me there's lots of incomplete welds or cracks there.

ya me too so this winter i will be sanding and repaint it and if i have too even some re welds i will. i will also a sealer over the paint too. i was also thing of filling the frame with foaming urethane but that might be a bit to extreme

mizke 08-16-2010 04:05 PM

hey dude if you are wanting to run a honda swingarm..

try and find pictures of the new limited edition gio beast.. if you go to giobikes.com and then go to atv's and click on the 2010 gi beast limited edition.. you can see in the pictures and they state " a new honda style rear axle".. it is a exact copy of a honda rear axle and the part of the swing arm that attaches to the axle is a honda "style" attachment

waynev 08-16-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizke
hey dude if you are wanting to run a honda swingarm..

try and find pictures of the new limited edition gio beast.. if you go to giobikes.com and then go to atv's and click on the 2010 gi beast limited edition.. you can see in the pictures and they state " a new honda style rear axle".. it is a exact copy of a honda rear axle and the part of the swing arm that attaches to the axle is a honda "style" attachment

The new style swingarm that they use on the T3 and Beast Ltd edition is totally different than ours on a std beast, you'd have to totally redesign the chassis where it bolts on to use it, for the time and effort i would probably sell my beast and start over with a T3.

mizke 08-16-2010 05:18 PM

i see, i couldnt mind any pics of where it mounts..

plus the t3 frame looks super weak in front of the motor..

but if some one has a t3 atleast they could run a honda rear axle

anthonyfa18 08-23-2010 11:03 PM

mabe a yamaha swing arm will fit our beast

mizke 08-23-2010 11:06 PM

mid 90's warrior swingarms looks like they would work for where the axle bolts on with minor mods..

but as to where it bolts to the frame i dont see it working.. but i need to see one up close in person while being able to look at my quad to.. but you could always buy a used one and see if it will work and what mods needs to be done to it.. if it cant work just turn around and sell it

anthonyfa18 03-14-2011 04:50 PM

hey guys i am back i am so sorry i was buzy help my brother inlaw with his hockey seson. in the comming weekes i will be updating my beast agian. all you need to know will be here.

anthonyfa18 03-20-2011 02:47 AM

:cry: update :cry:

6 months passed sines the last time i started my beast and it did not want to start. so after takeing a look at it i found the my rubber tube intake got all eaten in the in side by the gas and the out side got hard as a rock. so now i will make out aluminum. but now i am thing to by a 250cc 30mm gy6 carb sinse i am making a new intake ???

shoud i get 30mm or keep mine ???

ps:i mabe also thing of selling my best to get a honda trx 400ex or 450r

anthonyfa18 03-27-2011 10:38 PM

:twisted: Update :twisted:

i order my 30mm gy6 carb and will post pic, the build is on :twisted:

more updates to come

Weldangrind 03-28-2011 01:12 AM

I'm curious to see if there will be a performance increase over the GY6 carb you have already. I wonder how big is too big for these engines.

anthonyfa18 04-03-2011 10:20 PM

:twisted: update :twisted:

friday my new carb came in the mail, pic soon and today i replace my swing arm bushing. so far so good on the rebuild

Weldangrind 04-03-2011 10:21 PM

Are you installing Yamaha bushings?

anthonyfa18 04-04-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Are you installing Yamaha bushings?

ya i use the part number u used