ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Concours Cafe Project (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22700)

Megadan 09-27-2019 04:01 AM

Live life and do the projects when you have down time. It will get done before you know it.

cheesy 09-27-2019 05:30 AM

Sounds like you have a blocked bleed hole in the master cylinder. Time to dismantle and clean.

Time spent on the boat and at concerts isn’t life getting in the way, it’s having a life.

Sport Rider 09-30-2019 09:48 AM

our LATE summer down here isn't helping matters either. Late September and still 93? :o

JerryHawk250 09-30-2019 10:43 AM

Same here. Breaking record highs for a week or two.

Megadan 09-30-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 320152)
our LATE summer down here isn't helping matters either. Late September and still 93? :o

Our late summer is doing it's normal thing. Temps are bouncing all over the place from day to day - 90 to 70 to 85 to 46 to 75 to 90 to 60. Mix that with rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, rain, sun/rain.

Makes riding here an entertaining experience.

Sport Rider 10-01-2019 10:08 AM

send the rain here. we haven't seen any in well over 2 weeks now. plus hopefully it'll lower the temps!

JerryHawk250 10-01-2019 10:45 AM

We only got .02" of rain for September. The grass is starting to turn a nice shade of greenish brown.

Sport Rider 10-01-2019 11:10 AM

my back yard where the dogs run has a nice tan cloud around it all the time. :D

Sport Rider 10-14-2019 11:43 AM

well, since it actually rained yesterday, it was perfect weather to work on bikes in the garage. I decided to go ahead and install the blue brake lines I ordered. Maybe I'll paint the bike blue. who knows. it's actually an interesting contrast with the orange.

Regardless, that job is done. I'm going to get it started up and run it a bit on the street to give it some exercise. Next step will be to take it to the show down in Gastonia to see what they will charge me to work up the seat and rear end. Preparing myself for sticker shock.

I also managed to pull the carbs out of the daily C10 driver. it had dirt and was only idling on 3 cylinders. pulled each bowl off, both pilot and main removed, gently blew out the circuits. all back together and running normal again. I installed a fuel filter to prevent more dirt getting in. will have to empty and clean out the tank as soon as I run the gas out of it.

Productive weekend. :)

Sport Rider 12-23-2019 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
a monumental step forward happened yesterday. I asked a friend of mine to help me bend some tube to make the rounded back end so I could start thinking about the cowl design. he shot me an address and said he was heading that way to turn the heat on. When I arrived, he was there but also a surprise guest. The shop he told me to meet him at belongs to Ron Hornaday Jr. Yep...the NASCAR Ron Hornaday Jr. I was surprised to put it mildly. Ron took a break from a racing frame that he was putting together and we all pretty much tore into my bike. Ideas were flowing and at the end of the day, the picture is the result. We were actually there for about 8 hours. I keep pinching myself that I had all this great help!

Ron had some cheap rattle can paint sitting around his shop. So we put a quick coat of black on the frame parts and he decided the gold on the rear cowl would match the tank. well....almost. :D

BTW....his shop? about a 40 x 60 building. early 70s dodge charger was up on a lift under a tarp. below that was a modded frame from a Chevy Luv. Beside that was a dirt late model track car up on a lift as well. Then there was the body of the Chevy Luv that he's working on. Next to that was his frame station which had an almost complete racing frame on it. To the left coming around the shop were two other dirt track cars under covers. one he was rebuilding for another driver, and one which is his son-in-law's who races regularly (it's off season, of course).

there's still a bit to do, but we've got everything roughed in. Ron said to bring it back when I get closer to the finished product and we'd make some better parts, particularly the fender protection underneath.

#cloudnine

Sport Rider 12-30-2019 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
quick rattlecan color match. it'll be different in the end, but this will be good enough to get it running.

JerryHawk250 12-30-2019 02:01 PM

Looking good! Lets see some fly by videos. :D

Sport Rider 12-30-2019 04:51 PM

look close....no carbs yet. it would only be a push by. :D

JerryHawk250 12-30-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 325912)
look close....no carbs yet. it would only be a push by. :D

:lmao: I thought the was than new fangled EFI system you installed.

Sport Rider 01-13-2020 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the latest pictorial installment. I purchased a license plate bracket with tail light, brake light and plate light integrated. got that installed and wired up along with the turn signals. put the battery back in the bike to test everything out. works like a champ. for being cheap, it looks like it's decent.

just waiting for carbs to get it running and on the road. Still have the seat to cover, but my butt will hold that down for now. :)