ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   BD125-2 "Boomcat" (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24065)

Fumblecopter 01-04-2023 09:54 PM

Anyone actually get one of these registered in Minnesota?

Shmerlin 01-10-2023 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kags1969 (Post 388602)
So I dropped an order for one of these. My intention is to put an upsweep exhaust and shinko dual sport tires. I would really like to find a silver tank and fenders.

Does anyone know the larges shinko 241's that will fit ? 2.5, 2.75, or 3.0 Thanks, Chris

I put these on my 125, ordered from amazon.

Shinko SR241 Trials Tire (2.50-17 38L) front tire

Shinko SR241 Trials Tire (2.75-17 47J) rear tire.

TominMO 01-14-2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kags1969 (Post 388602)
So I dropped an order for one of these. My intention is to put an upsweep exhaust and shinko dual sport tires. I would really like to find a silver tank and fenders.

Does anyone know the larges shinko 241's that will fit ? 2.5, 2.75, or 3.0 Thanks, Chris

When you get the bike, take a look at what tire sizes are on there. The rear should be no problem for a 3.0". The front will probably be an issue due to the fender mount bolts. I'm thinking 2.5" or 2.75" will be the largest you could go on the front. If you went with a high-mount fender, you might be able to do a 3.0" on the front.

For an upswept exhaust, probably the CT90 would work. A simple mending plate from the hardware store would make a good bracket. This muffler would be a little restrictive for a 125, but you could drill a few holes in the end to open it up a bit. I'd do one hole at a time and check power and noise, then decide if you want to drill the next hole. Small holes can be plugged with a stainless steel sheet metal screw, if you decide you went too far.
A mending plate: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-3-i...3-Pack/3478207

You may also want to look into swapping in a used CL70 swingarm from eBay, as I keep hearing about the swingarms on these breaking very quickly. I'm guessing/hoping that would work.

A CT90 swingarm might work too; I will go measure mine right now to let you know the dimensions.
220mm.....width at swingarm pivot; this is the most critical dimension
192mm.....width at rear axle
395 mm.....length from middle of swingarm pivot bolt to rear of chain adjustment slot

Go over everything on the bike, esp. checking tightness of fasteners and trueness of the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vncwzBMy_E

Thinking of picking one up myself, for the tinkering challenge..... 8-)

JimmyLocksmith 03-29-2023 10:27 PM

Interested in learning more about it

I have my eye on this one just want to hear from others about their experience with one

JimmyLocksmith 04-27-2023 08:02 PM

Went with the Xpro X25 125cc Cafe Racer or Bd125-2 Boomcat or Venom Bobber whatever they wanna call it lol.
It's actually titled as a Jiangsu Baodiao Bd125-2

Got it from PowersportsMax.
Ordered on Thursday, 4/20, arrived on Tuesday 4/25, put it together in a few hours by myself. Bill of sale arrived Thursday 4/27, went to DMV Express to get it registered and that cost $250

Did get insurance on it for a whopping $4/mth from State Farm!!

Took it around the neighborhood.
Won't run with stock carb without chock!
I like the style and looks but I do notice the front suspension does not feel like it has correct fluid as it bounces all over the place and I didn't feel comfortable going over 35 mph

TominMO 04-27-2023 09:19 PM

^^ With that bike you are buying a bunch of parts, many of which need upgrading. Still a good deal for a guy who can turn a wrench.

JerryHawk250 04-28-2023 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith (Post 393918)
Went with the Xpro X25 125cc Cafe Racer or Bd125-2 Boomcat or Venom Bobber whatever they wanna call it lol.
It's actually titled as a Jiangsu Baodiao Bd125-2

Got it from PowersportsMax.
Ordered on Thursday, 4/20, arrived on Tuesday 4/25, put it together in a few hours by myself. Bill of sale arrived Thursday 4/27, went to DMV Express to get it registered and that cost $250

Did get insurance on it for a whopping $4/mth from State Farm!!

Took it around the neighborhood.
Won't run with stock carb without chock!
I like the style and looks but I do notice the front suspension does not feel like it has correct fluid as it bounces all over the place and I didn't feel comfortable going over 35 mph

Good deal. I do think you would of been happier if you would of came by and tried out my Hawk. ;) Just saying. lol

JimmyLocksmith 04-28-2023 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 393943)
Good deal. I do think you would of been happier if you would of came by and tried out my Hawk. ;) Just saying. lol

Your probably right but just couldn't make that trip and went with the convince of delivery lol

JerryHawk250 04-28-2023 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith (Post 393964)
Your probably right but just couldn't make that trip and went with the convince of delivery lol

Well i could of delivered. lol I passed through Plaquemine two weekends in a row.

JimmyLocksmith 05-08-2023 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 393968)
Well i could of delivered. lol I passed through Plaquemine two weekends in a row.

If I can sell my TaoTao DB17 125CC Dirt Bike I'd be interested in a Dual-Sport for sure and your Hawk would be at the top of my list!

JerryHawk250 05-08-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith (Post 394454)
If I can sell my TaoTao DB17 125CC Dirt Bike I'd be interested in a Dual-Sport for sure and your Hawk would be at the top of my list!

How much? What condition it is in? Post it in the Classified section on here with pictures. Somebody might pick it up.

JimmyLocksmith 05-17-2023 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeMantia (Post 314105)
Tried to start it after 2 days of storage, and have had troubles with the stock PZ20 carburetor since day one.

Today I put a new better quality one on and it not only fixed the fuel flow issue I was experiencing, it gave a significant boost like the other 125 engines.

I have never experienced wheelies on my Hellcat at all. I just assumed it was because of my weight class, and poor knowledge on how it works.
After riding this BD125-2 for a while I know now it loves to wheelie when I take off from stops, even with the stock PZ20 carb! It must be because the riding position is right over the rear wheel.

the metal body is very pleasing to the eye in the sun, up close it has obvious seams showing that it was built with some sort of sub frame with a "decorative" steel outer shell.
It is very light, much lighter than the Hellcat.

with the stock carb I got it comfortably to 55-58 mph
Upgraded carb will push 60+ but it vibrates uncomfortably at very high speeds

the forward facing horn actually gets peoples attention

One big issue I cant fix yet is im riding and the front wheel feels like its going over a bunch of tiny bumps constantly. I haven't ridden much with spoked wheels, should I get them checked out?

front hand brake is able to pull all the way to the bar, probably just needs proper adjusting unless thats normal.

Will drop some pictures tomorrow

If you want a 125 that isn't "sporty" looking in the modern sense I recommend this bike. big + for it being on the CA approved list.

I'm having same luck with stock carb.
Which did you switch too?

JerryHawk250 05-17-2023 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith (Post 394899)
I'm having dame luck with stock carb.

For the 125cc a NIBBI PE26 would be good. You can get the stack carb to work better just by installing the right size jets and fine tuning the idle mixture.

Michiganboomcatter 05-18-2023 12:51 PM

rear shock upgrade for boomcat

Has anyone upgraded rear shocks yet? I've seen a couple of videos on youtube with upgraded shocks but haven't been able to track a link. One of the guys on youtube said that he put a kymco spade shock on it. Not sure if it's from the 150cc bike.

Michiganboomcatter 05-18-2023 12:52 PM

boomcat carb

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith (Post 394899)
I'm having dame luck with stock carb.

I got an upgraded carb from kronik racing and it works great. No tuning or new jets needed. total swap and go.