ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Rhino 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17449)

2LZ 11-16-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Racer (Post 236129)

Thanks Darth! I had a cart load of wood last weekend and it was like trying to get a big rig rolling in 8th gear.

JerryHawk250 11-16-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarZ (Post 236145)
I see things like wheel spacers for these machines that i would like to investigate.

Not sure if they changed the rear rims from the 2014 model but I recentlly just flipped the wheels with the valve stem in the inside. The rim center is offset. Now the rear wheels have the same width as the front. I'll see if I can get a before and after picture.

letsride 11-16-2016 05:20 PM

The Rhino is a nice looking quad. And I've thought of getting one but that swing arm looks weak to me. Its just tubing, but hey it may be stronger than it looks. I'll probably just keep the idea of putting a china motor in the TRX. Good info in this thread though, good reading.

2LZ 11-17-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 236187)
The Rhino is a nice looking quad. And I've thought of getting one but that swing arm looks weak to me. Its just tubing, but hey it may be stronger than it looks. I'll probably just keep the idea of putting a china motor in the TRX. Good info in this thread though, good reading.

Might not be a bad idea. I rode my neighbors 450 TRX and it's a monster. Not counting the mega-power difference, I loved the TRX suspension. The Rhino is a nice quad for the $$$, especially if you're using it for utility purposes....but man....it's like riding a ridged until the shocks wear out. Fortunately, that doesn't take too long. My buddy Swampy has the two Kandi 150 quads and those actually have some real suspension on them.

I've been looking at some other shocks for the Rhino but I usually never leave first gear around the house.

Darth Racer 11-19-2016 09:17 PM

I got to take the Rhino out today prospecting. It made it up the big hill out of the creek .. Between the Mikuni clone and the sprockets it took it like it was nothing. Was towing a trailer with about 300lbs of gear.

Tickled I didn't have to use the winch this time.

2LZ 11-20-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Racer (Post 236404)
I got to take the Rhino out today prospecting. It made it up the big hill out of the creek .. Between the Mikuni clone and the sprockets it took it like it was nothing. Was towing a trailer with about 300lbs of gear.

Tickled I didn't have to use the winch this time.

Awesome news Darth! As much as I didn't want to spend that much on a couple sprockets, I think it's my next purchase.....with chain. It'll either be that or replace a clutch next season.

2LZ 11-22-2016 01:16 PM

Well, just ordered myself an early Christmas present.
Both sprockets and a Unibear chain. Can't wait to get these installed.....especially with snow coming.

2LZ 11-22-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Racer (Post 235370)

I'm not to good with the engine stuff... Hopefully 2LZ will pop in here... he seems real good with that sort of thing. Sure some of the others here can help you too with the Mikuni ins and outs. I'm all eyes and learning on the fly at this point.

Shoot! I just now saw this! MizzouFan, you get it running right?