ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   What did you BUY today? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16465)

TheDC 03-23-2018 03:13 AM

GoPro mic adapter,a 4 pack of mics,and the bits I need to setup a helmet cam better :)

cheesy 03-23-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 275480)
A few new spokes and a Bontrager tire for my mountain bike (bicycle) I found a busted spoke before a ride so I bought a replacement and a few extras. Of course, the spoke is on the gear side so I will have to use my chain whip.
-My biggest problem with bicycles has always been fragile wheels, whether its a road bike or MTB. new wheels, old wheels and even shop built wheels - all fragile. I have never busted a spoke on a motorcycle.
-I'm afraid I don't have a relevant 1980s 'rasslin pic to post with this one, "Brother.".

New wheels aren't that great with the trend to fewer spokes. Rims need to be heavier and more load put on the spokes. I won't own anything with less than 36 spokes

I laced a 27 1/4 Rigida Blue Label to a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub and broke three spokes on a 200km ride. I learned the hard way that modern spokes for thick flanged aluminum hubs and thin flanged SA hubs don't mix without backup washers behind the spoke heads. Haven't had an issue since.

No 'rasslin pics for me either. I'd rather post pics of 70s Womens Roller Derby. Go KC Bombers!

bogieboy 03-23-2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 275491)
New wheels aren't that great with the trend to fewer spokes. Rims need to be heavier and more load put on the spokes. I won't own anything with less than 36 spokes

I laced a 27 1/4 Rigida Blue Label to a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub and broke three spokes on a 200km ride. I learned the hard way that modern spokes for thick flanged aluminum hubs and thin flanged SA hubs don't mix without backup washers behind the spoke heads. Haven't had an issue since.

No 'rasslin pics for me either. I'd rather post pics of 70s Womens Roller Derby. Go KC Bombers!

guess i got lucky with my rims on my road bike...LOL 22 spoke Vueltas and i have only popped 4 spokes in about 5000 mi of riding... every one on the gear side rear....on a climb.....LOL and i am definitely not a featherweight at 6'2" 280#....

cheesy 03-24-2018 04:31 PM

Finally. Thank you Sierra Trading.
https://esbit.de/en/stainless-steel-...er-201-024-00/

roundhouse 03-24-2018 05:03 PM

Got some taichi surge gloves at the local gear shop for 50% off on clearance..

ben2go 03-25-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 275602)

I'm not a coffee guy, but I like tea, and I bet that little unit would brew up some tea right nicely.

cheesy 03-25-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 275637)
I'm not a coffee guy, but I like tea, and I bet that little unit would brew up some tea right nicely.

I would think so, my wife wants to it try, too. I have several cups of java a day. The camp coffee I make is either so weak that the sugar kicks the snot outta it or you need to chew it. I hope this alleviates that.

Darkrider 04-11-2018 01:57 PM

Got it yesterday but was not on the PC much after all the driving i did to go visit family yesterday. Anyways i picked up an LG G6 smart phone. Haven't used it much since i need to run updates and what not before i can. Chose the G6 mostly because it is a sealed phone much like my two Iphone SEs.

bogieboy 04-11-2018 02:57 PM

bought yesterday, but a full set of 8 small engine tuning screwdrivers... for all the EPA carbs on weedeaters and saws...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1001_.jpg

bogieboy 04-11-2018 03:00 PM

oh yeah... and a pair of my favorite mtb tires, first set lasted almost 10 years/10,000 miles of MTBing, and still have tread left...but the sidewalls are starting to look sketchy, so i figure its about time...LOL

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/06...g?v=1484264263

cheesy 04-11-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 277083)
Got it yesterday but was not on the PC much after all the driving i did to go visit family yesterday. Anyways i picked up an LG G6 smart phone. Haven't used it much since i need to run updates and what not before i can. Chose the G6 mostly because it is a sealed phone much like my two Iphone SEs.

Like my G6 and have been pretty happy with LG phones since I switched from Samsung. Being field work phones, they get the snot beat out of them. My G3 lasted almost 36 months and it died because I laid on it with a wrench in my pocket and kinda sorta crushed it. My wifes' G2 is going on four years.

Just be forewarned that the back of the G6 is also tempered glass and can be cracked, like mine is. Replacements are cheap, tho.

bogieboy 04-12-2018 06:37 AM

Man toughest phones i have ever had have been samsungs.... had an s2, s3, s4, s7... all still 100%functional, just wanted a newer faster phone...LOL guess the otterbox defenders really do work...LOL

Darkrider 04-12-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 277101)
Like my G6 and have been pretty happy with LG phones since I switched from Samsung. Being field work phones, they get the snot beat out of them. My G3 lasted almost 36 months and it died because I laid on it with a wrench in my pocket and kinda sorta crushed it. My wifes' G2 is going on four years.

Just be forewarned that the back of the G6 is also tempered glass and can be cracked, like mine is. Replacements are cheap, tho.

Good to know! One of the accessories i picked up with in store credit was a Spigen clear case like i did for my Iphone SE. Not a full on case like the lifeproof my other Iphone SE is in or the full on Defender that my past Samsung had. But it is still some sort of armor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogieboy (Post 277152)
Man toughest phones i have ever had have been samsungs.... had an s2, s3, s4, s7... all still 100%functional, just wanted a newer faster phone...LOL guess the otterbox defenders really do work...LOL

Lol yea. Lifeproof are a bit more durable but made by the same company.

2LZ 04-12-2018 10:29 AM

Oh man, had to bring up cell phones. I've had nothing but I-phones and since Apple got busted for slowing these down, I'm bailing on them next time around. My 6 is STILL a slug, even after the latest update. What a bunch of crap.
I've had nothing but really bad luck with Samsung products over the years so I'm really leery of spending a ton of money on a brand that hasn't given me a good track record. It's nice to hear good things about LG. I may try one of those next time.

Bruce's 04-12-2018 02:02 PM

I have a samsung s7 and it has been flawless ,and in the past blackberries have been very bulletproof for me ,including no case having it slip out of a pocket while working on a roof ridge up two stories ,having it land on a truck leaving a dent in the hood but no crackberry damage .The Samsung is my second ,the s4 I replaced was great for several years before the mic went .