ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   2021 Xpro Titan DLX (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29802)

richpiano 01-10-2023 02:38 PM

What is a good replacement option for a kickstarter? Previous owner in all their wisdom decided to remove mine and the replacement I bought just smacks into the footpeg.

Also, does anyone know if a crf230 electric starter would work in these? I in all MY wisdom cranked the bike too much and think I have burnt out the starter.

Lee1991 04-10-2023 10:11 AM

A quick update since I have not been on in a while. Titan has been running well, brake caliper bolts vibrated out on the trail one day so I had to limp home with no brakes which was fun.
New development, KTM plastics 13-15 do not fit on the titan. not a single piece. if anyone has a link to a new set of plastics other than Orion please let me know.

Thanks

Lee1991 04-11-2023 03:35 PM

Also quick Header question, does anyone know if this header will work on the titan? i have seen both this header and the 223cc header links on this thread but Orion no longer makes the 223cc option.
https://www.orionpowersports.com/sta...-249cc-engine/

severely 04-22-2023 07:21 AM

I recently purchased a spare rear wheel for my Titan and ran into a problem I think everyone needs to be aware of. Upon disassembly I noticed the swingarm was deformed where it was tightened in the swingarm. On further investigation I noticed that the outside wheel bearing spacers were very sloppily made, too much ID clearance around the axle and IMO an insufficient amount of engagement on the swingarm itself, insufficient OD to rest/tighten to the swingarm itself. I think this is the issue that caused tkjn99's rear wheel to fall off. The combination of sloppily made spacers and a too large slot for the rear axle to go through creates an unsafe situation for ALL Titan owners and needs checking ASAP. My solution was to purchase 2 SS flat washers to install between the outside spacers and the inside of the swingarm. The dimensions for spacer are 15MM ID, 32mm minimum OD and .013mm or .005" thickness. Obviously you'll need to file/grind/cut the outside spacer .005 to match sprocket alignment on the chain side, I didn't do this on the brake side without ill effects. I hope ALL Titan owners take a look at your rear wheel/swingarm first chance you get as we've already seen 1 person in a serious accident because of this issue. When you pull the rear wheel and spacers you'll probably see the swingarm deformed where the spacers tightened against it and tried to "push through" it, because of beforementioned factory inaccuracies rendering your torquing of the wheel to swingarm irrelevant because you're actually tightening the wheel against itself. Good luck to all, ride safely.

Lee1991 05-11-2023 02:37 PM

would you be able to post some photos of the problem and your fix? I have 400 miles on my titan and have had no issues but now I'm nervous and want to address the issue.

severely 05-23-2023 07:04 AM

Hey Lee1991, did you get an opportunity to check your swingarm for damage?

Lee1991 06-07-2023 03:40 PM

I did. I wasn't seeing the scale of damage you were but I only have 400 miles on the bike. I am going to keep an eye on it going forward. thank you so much for the photo's and the help.

Also, what has everyone done about air filters for this thing? Mine does not fit as tight as I would like but I see no way of putting on a pod filter without destroying the airbox.

severely 06-12-2023 04:10 PM

I bought a replacement recommended earlier in this link and greased around the edge thoroughly. No issues so far. Good luck.

Lee1991 06-19-2023 12:07 PM

Ok I have a few more questions for all current and past titan owners. let me know your thought;

1) What sprockets and chains did you buy to replace the OEM ones? I'm looking to gain low end power if possible since I'm using it as a trail bike. Links would be great.

2) when I perfectly align the rear tire based on the marks on the swing arm my tire hits my chain. I have to leave it a hair out of alignment for it to clear. Anyone else have this issue?

3) New rear shock and spring? Has anyone bought on and how do you like it?

4) Has anyone found graphics kits that fit the plastics?

Thanks for all the help,

severely 06-20-2023 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 396474)
Ok I have a few more questions for all current and past titan owners. let me know your thought;

1) What sprockets and chains did you buy to replace the OEM ones? I'm looking to gain low end power if possible since I'm using it as a trail bike. Links would be great.

2) when I perfectly align the rear tire based on the marks on the swing arm my tire hits my chain. I have to leave it a hair out of alignment for it to clear. Anyone else have this issue?

3) New rear shock and spring? Has anyone bought on and how do you like it?

4) Has anyone found graphics kits that fit the plastics?

Thanks for all the help,

Sprockets to use are posted earlier in this link, they are correct as I've used them.2 . No, I don't have this issue but I suggest using a straight edge or string to align front and rear wheels to make sure they are pointed in the same direction. 3 I've been looking for a rear shock also, measured length is 480 mm and I think 900 to 1000 lbs should be the spring rate needed for 220 to 250 lbs rider weight . Please let us know if you're able to get/share info. 4 no info to share.

Lee1991 06-22-2023 11:45 AM

Awesome thanks for that info. ill give those a try. Ill continue to look for that rear shock, hopefully we can find a nice replacement

severely 06-23-2023 10:38 PM

BTW, I need to make a correction. I stated shock length at 480mm length, in fact it is 460mm in length. My bad, read my notes wrong.

Titan250 11-03-2023 11:22 PM

Any plugs on street legal light kits? Installation hacks?

Sorry if this is off topic but I’m in a bind… I bought my xpro titan 250 recently off fb marketplace but it only came with the led headlight, I got pulled over and ticketed for no lights and no speedometer/instrument cluster.
Has anyone else converted this model to be street legal? If so, please provide links to the gear and any info on installation. I can’t find any wiring diagrams, videos or anything on this bike.
I need it for my main form of transportation and have to have it modified with 3 weeks otherwise I’ll be stuck paying the tickets on top of making the upgrades. Thanks in advance.
*I’ll document the work as I do it and post so future ppl can reference.

severely 11-11-2023 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan250 (Post 401214)
Sorry if this is off topic but I’m in a bind… I bought my xpro titan 250 recently off fb marketplace but it only came with the led headlight, I got pulled over and ticketed for no lights and no speedometer/instrument cluster.
Has anyone else converted this model to be street legal? If so, please provide links to the gear and any info on installation. I can’t find any wiring diagrams, videos or anything on this bike.
I need it for my main form of transportation and have to have it modified with 3 weeks otherwise I’ll be stuck paying the tickets on top of making the upgrades. Thanks in advance.

A couple questions. Does your bike have any lighting other than the led headlight? Is there an open electrical connector in the headlight or a speed sensor near the front wheel for speedo hookup? Is there any wiring loose around the rear fender for tail/brake light? Mine came street legal with all wiring and lighting in place.

Lee1991 12-29-2023 10:27 AM

Wanted bring this thread back to life, anybody make any more improvements? Bump into any more issues? Its off season no and I want to give my bike some love.

Also, anyone have a solution for kickstand angle? i hate how far this one sits from the bike.

severely 12-29-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 403014)
Wanted bring this thread back to life, anybody make any more improvements? Bump into any more issues? Its off season no and I want to give my bike some love.

Also, anyone have a solution for kickstand angle? i hate how far this one sits from the bike.

I changed out the 15wt fork oil for synthetic ATF. The 15wt was hammering my wrists pretty hard over braking bumps. The ATF is much more supple in action. On my kickstand I stole the accessory "foot" off my Kawasaki 300 and installed. Nice angle afterward, an e-bay special. Happy tinkering.

Lee1991 01-02-2024 03:28 PM

Can you send me a link to that foot? I have also developed a leak around my Stator wires. anyone have any experience with that issue?

severely 01-03-2024 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 403149)
Can you send me a link to that foot? I have also developed a leak around my Stator wires. anyone have any experience with that issue?

I searched my e-bay purchases back to 2020, no luck finding the link. Sorry. My foot was purchased for a 2017 Kawasaki versys kle 300, bolted right on. I've no info on your leak issue, good luck.

Bruces 01-03-2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

I know this is too late to help you ,but there are kits available to convert dirt bikes and atv’s into road legal bikes ,they include a blinker switch ,relay and everything to install blinkers ,a horn ,a brake light switch .I get them through a local Kimpex dealer for about $50.00 , the stuff is cheap and just universal but it works and will help you out .
Polisport sells a universal bike headlight-front number plate kit ,like for a competition enduro ,and a universal rear fender with a light ,I have not purchased the rear fender in years ,not sure if the current offering has a dual filament light (running light and brake light ) ,I used to have to swap the pigtail in the housing but pretty sure a new one would probably be l.e.d. Lighting ,so you might have to monkey with that .

Lee1991 01-04-2024 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severely (Post 396642)
BTW, I need to make a correction. I stated shock length at 480mm length, in fact it is 460mm in length. My bad, read my notes wrong.

Did you ever buy a new shock? I have been debating it for months but cant find much information on shocks for these bikes that would be a improvement over stock.

severely 01-04-2024 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 403217)
Did you ever buy a new shock? I have been debating it for months but cant find much information on shocks for these bikes that would be a improvement over stock.

No, I haven't gotten a new shock yet. I kind of put it on the back burner, been busy adjusting the front and rear suspension and getting more acquainted with the bike handling wise. Thanks for asking.

Lee1991 01-08-2024 11:36 AM

What was the front fork fluid capacity you felt was the best? I heard they arrive under filled so that volume isn't a good marker.

Thumper 01-08-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Missouri law doesn't mention a speedometer, not required as far a I know. Check your laws and go to court if you can. Tell the judge that you are working on the remaining items needed in your State. You can show him receipts, and tell him you will bring back the State police inspection certificate when it is compete if he will delay his judgment. I'd be shocked if the judge isn't understanding! They want safe roads more than penalties.

There is an excellent quick reference table with a map showing which States apply to each requirements:
https://www.dirtlegal.com/blog/how-t...e-street-legal

But you should check your States requirements to show the judge! This article may not be perfect ;)

I am going through this with the KTM smoker now, so I've been lookin' into it :)

severely 01-08-2024 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 403379)
What was the front fork fluid capacity you felt was the best? I heard they arrive under filled so that volume isn't a good marker.

I initially used 15 wt at 280cc, really hammered my wrists in braking bumps. My last change was synthetic ATF at 250cc, much better ride quality and braking bumps I no longer avoided.

Lee1991 01-09-2024 11:38 AM

Awesome. my goal is when I get to 500 miles on her ill swap out the fork fluid. I did add 75cc of fluid of 15w when I bought it and saw a huge benefit over whatever was in there stock. I definitely will give the ATF a try

itsmecountryclub 02-26-2024 10:44 AM

Hey y'all brand new here but long-time motocross racer/motorcycle rider. I've been taking bikes apart and putting them back together my whole life.

I bought one of these to play around with and I just want to chime in with my 2 cents on a few things especially the fork fluid. I am 6'1 and 185 pounds, I set the sag on the rear suspension was straight forward and exactly like any jap bike I have ever ridden. I can go into further detail with y'all on that if any of you would want me to.

As far as the fork fluid goes, I have found out 300ml in each fork works perfect for me and will not bottom out at all. I used STP AW-32 hydraulic fluid (from the research I did there was not much difference between it and 15w fork fluid). I like my front forks on the stiffer side, I was very impressed with how it handles once I got the suspension set how I wanted. It reminds me of an early 2000s KTM bike with how it handles.

I am running Valvoline's 15w-40 4 stroke oil.

When I assembled the bike I removed every bolt (except for the bolts for the seat since i clean the air filter every single time I ride) and applied a little orange loctite to said bolts.

Tire pressure- I have found 24psi in the rear and 18psi in the front works well for me as well.

I am right over 50 miles so I am going to do a valve adjustment and another oil/filter change one night this week.

Things I will be covering as I get to it is a carb swap, exhaust upgrade and sprocket changes for more top end.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys in here!

Synthetyk 03-22-2024 11:16 PM

Purchased a new Titan DLX for my son to learn on this past week and been having a blast. Few small issues I figured I'd post to see if anyone has any quick recommendations. We are planning on picking up a Nibbi carb, however the current one stock is a PE30, do I get the 30mm Nibbi or the 28? Seems few people are recommending to get the 28, not sure if its fitment issues or what so figured I'd ask right quick.

Also having a problem with idle when choke is off. The idle drops off and kills the bike when the choke is completely pushed down, however with it just BARELY hitting the choke lever it holds idle..? I've tried playing with the idle adjustment screw but it doesn't affect when the lever is completely down. Even then, when its just barely touching the choke pull lever it idles somewhat okay. It almost looks like its not even doing anything to the choke lever, but when its completely off of it (down) it dies on idle.

I'm not sure where the mixture screw is to adjust. It seems people are mentioning its underneath on the manifold side, but there is a hole and I'm unable to actually see into it because of the fit. Any locations for this? The manual lists about 4-6 different bike variations and they aren't very descriptive.

EDIT: Upon further inspection I believe I've found the mixture screw underneath the carb on the manifold side, but it appears to be blocked by a solid piece of brass or something? Not really sure how to either remove it, or cut a divit into it to use a screw driver?

superjocko 03-23-2024 05:51 AM

Carburetor mixture screw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthetyk (Post 405943)
Purchased a new Titan DLX for my son to learn on this past week and been having a blast. Few small issues I figured I'd post to see if anyone has any quick recommendations. We are planning on picking up a Nibbi carb, however the current one stock is a PE30, do I get the 30mm Nibbi or the 28? Seems few people are recommending to get the 28, not sure if its fitment issues or what so figured I'd ask right quick.

Also having a problem with idle when choke is off. The idle drops off and kills the bike when the choke is completely pushed down, however with it just BARELY hitting the choke lever it holds idle..? I've tried playing with the idle adjustment screw but it doesn't affect when the lever is completely down. Even then, when its just barely touching the choke pull lever it idles somewhat okay. It almost looks like its not even doing anything to the choke lever, but when its completely off of it (down) it dies on idle.

I'm not sure where the mixture screw is to adjust. It seems people are mentioning its underneath on the manifold side, but there is a hole and I'm unable to actually see into it because of the fit. Any locations for this? The manual lists about 4-6 different bike variations and they aren't very descriptive.

EDIT: Upon further inspection I believe I've found the mixture screw underneath the carb on the manifold side, but it appears to be blocked by a solid piece of brass or something? Not really sure how to either remove it, or cut a divit into it to use a screw driver?

Your carburetor may be different, but the portion of the CSC video about how to cut a slot in the mixture screw should still apply. The part you'll be interested in is about 3:50 into the video. The whole thing is worth a watch just for educational purposes. https://cscmotorcycles.com/tt250-car...maintenance-1/

severely 03-23-2024 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthetyk (Post 405943)

I used a left hand drill bit to put a hole in the plug to remove it. If you use a regular right hand bit and you drill past the plug and touch the mixture screw you can damage the mixture screw to where you'll never be able to set idle mixture properly. Good luck, BTW the bit size used was 1/8".

Synthetyk 03-23-2024 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjocko (Post 405951)
Your carburetor may be different, but the portion of the CSC video about how to cut a slot in the mixture screw should still apply. The part you'll be interested in is about 3:50 into the video. The whole thing is worth a watch just for educational purposes. https://cscmotorcycles.com/tt250-car...maintenance-1/

I actually had planned to this method with the dremel and slot, but it appears the wells plug is actually pushed deep into the screw slot. So appears I'll have to either drill into it and hopefully not hit the mixture screw, or just purchased a new nibbi carb to be honest.

Kyhillbilly 03-28-2024 12:24 AM

Hello all, I've recently purchased a 2023 titan dlx and it came with a 520 chain. I want to drop the rear sprocket from the stock 44t to a 40t but it has a different looking sprocket then any of the other bikes I've looked at (templar, orion rbx 230) it has a smaller bore center hole and mounts with 4 bolts. Does anyone have a link for this sprocket? I have a new higher quality chain but I'd like to do the sprocket at the same time. Thanks!

severely 03-28-2024 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyhillbilly (Post 406163)
Hello all, I've recently purchased a 2023 titan dlx and it came with a 520 chain. I want to drop the rear sprocket from the stock 44t to a 40t but it has a different looking sprocket then any of the other bikes I've looked at (templar, orion rbx 230) it has a smaller bore center hole and mounts with 4 bolts. Does anyone have a link for this sprocket? I have a new higher quality chain but I'd like to do the sprocket at the same time. Thanks!

Does the sprocket look different than the one listed early in this thread? I've installed a 40T sprocket on mine using the info provided and it fit perfectly and worked well.:)

Kyhillbilly 03-28-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severely (Post 406167)
Does the sprocket look different than the one listed early in this thread? I've installed a 40T sprocket on mine using the info provided and it fit perfectly and worked well.:)

I must have missed the link for the rear sprocket. I'll go back through the thread and try to find it. I only have 6 mile ride to my local trails but with the stock gearing, 55mph sounds like the bike is running pretty hard. I don't need to go any faster but I'd like to lower my RPM's down some.

Foyt 03-28-2024 12:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Great post, got my TM 33 yesterday. Started futzin today deleted a few items currently on my second break in cycle. Carbs leaking floats seem stuck. Fixing that and will re jet. Plan to keep stock carb first 30 hours. Porting and polishing the exhaust flange, a lot of congestion there. Those shipping fork insulation make great work securing the battery correctly. Also added zip ties wire insulation to the battery box.

Foyt 03-28-2024 02:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Carb fixed, lets upgrade the fork oil

Synthetyk 03-30-2024 06:58 PM

We have any resources for aftermarket or stock replacement brake pedal/shifters?

Son bent his rear brake pedal today on some trails and as flimsy thin metal as it is, wasn't sure if there are any aftermarket options that would be available? Or maybe similar style as other bikes?