ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Registration Issues (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   States with Confirmed Hawk Registration (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17919)

pistolclass 07-13-2018 09:58 AM

Hey Eman how did you get CT to work? Whcih DMV did you go too? Did you have to get vin verified in wethersfield?

I'm near Middletown.

Eman 07-13-2018 05:19 PM

Yes I went to wethersfield no issues get all your paper work in order first the women didn't say anything went right thru

Red Hawk 07-13-2018 09:49 PM

Pennsylvania

Successfull registration in Pennsylvania private title and tag. Went to a big chain T&T North East... got the usual horable service and L vin flak."oh it's from China". Took the MCO , bill of sale, and insurance to a local shop and walked out in 10 minuets. No issues. :)

I had a Honda 230crf, this hawk rides and runs just like it. With the right work, patience and sprocket ratio this makes an awesome trail bike. It's nice and light on the trails.

Ordered from TX powersports on Sunday landed in PA on Friday. 4th of July was in the middle of that week too. MCO came in the mail on the following Monday.

:thanks: For everyone's input and posts, this site is an encyclopedia of all things.

ChrisWNY 07-17-2018 10:13 AM

Wanted to add that I registered my Hawk 250 in NYS yesterday with no issues. Just bring MCO/MSO (bill of sale), FS-20 insurance cards, driver's license, cash/credit card, and fill out the sales tax form as well as the title/registration form (MV-82) and you're good to go. You'll get a temporary inspection card good for 10 days to get your motorcycle inspected. Be prepared to pay sales tax based on your County's sales tax %.

For anyone in NYS, here's the DMV link with everything you need to fill out and know for new motorcycle registrations:

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/regi...-title-vehicle

timetwosave 07-30-2018 08:34 PM

Colorado

I saw a hawk 250 drive by the other day in Colorado. Didn't get a chance to see the plates but it's hard to imagine it's an out of state registration. Any confirmation that the hawk can be registered in CO?

kc40437 08-20-2018 06:31 PM

Successful transfer in KY!!!

I purchased a used Hawk in TN and had no problem getting it licensed in KY. I had to get an inspection on the bike, but the whole ordeal took a total of 30 minutes.

Thanks.

FunkyChina 09-14-2018 03:58 PM

No problems in Iowa (IA)

JerryHawk250 09-14-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyChina (Post 290595)
No problems in Iowa (IA)

Got it. :tup:

Kah55inaz 09-26-2018 02:41 AM

Az registered and licensed my basan.

TMG2026 03-22-2019 06:06 PM

I saw Massachusetts on the a list of states that would register a Hawk 250 but not sure if it's up to date. Trying to decide between the Hawk or CSC TT250. Would be happy with either but with the price difference the Hawk is preferred.

WR417H_508 04-23-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMG2026 (Post 303778)
I saw Massachusetts on the a list of states that would register a Hawk 250 but not sure if it's up to date. Trying to decide between the Hawk or CSC TT250. Would be happy with either but with the price difference the Hawk is preferred.

Did you end up with the hawk? Was it still an easy process like the guys had in MA?

Duggo 04-27-2019 12:21 AM

Colorado is a maybe

I called my DMV today and they said "they think" a Hawk 250 is street legal. Without a VIN number, they couldn't say for sure.

Of course, their database didn't list that manufacturer, but she looked at something similar.

Nice lady, but I don't think she knows anything.

If someone can get me a VIN number, I could make sure. I'm not buying unless I know I can ride on the street. I plan on riding to work and back on nice days.

JamieAnn 04-27-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DugHawk (Post 307406)
I called my DMV today and they said "they think" a Hawk 250 is street legal. Without a VIN number, they couldn't say for sure.

Of course, their database didn't that manufacturer, but she looked at something similar.

Nice lady, but I don't think she knows anything.

If someone can get me a VIN number, I could make sure. I'm not buying unless I know I can ride on the street. I plan on riding to work and back on nice days.

BF and I want 2 of the same bikes to make repairs easy, but we're not buying unless we know we can ride on the street too.
I contacted one of the sellers, this is what they sent me: L0WHDN106J1000926

I haven't had time to go to the DMV to check myself so let me know!

Duggo 04-27-2019 07:14 PM

I called USAA/Progressive about insurance with the VIN you gave me and they said liability insurance is fine, but can't get full coverage. That's positive at least.

Ill run that VIN by DMV Monday and see what they have to say.

I'm still not sure enough to buy the Hawk. At this point, I'm going with the CSC TT250, if I buy anything. The whole point was to spend $1500 and if it blows up in a year or 2, no problem. I'm already $1000 over that I haven't even bought a helmet. I might just scrap the whole idea.

I had no idea that the issue was going to be plates. I've been reading all day and so far, 1 guy got plates and 2 did not. The 1 who did had to run a 2 month marathon of forms, paperwork, and waiting.

At the very minimum, the Hawk tires are NOT DOT compliant. So, if everything goes smooth, you still have to put some new tires on to make it legal.

JerryHawk250 04-27-2019 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure were you got that information but the stock hawk tires are DOT approved.