ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440)

CSCDude 11-21-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 175649)
Thanks for verifying the RX3 passed CARB/EPA certification, Fish.

Guys, Joe from CSC here. Just to be clear, we have passed the emissions and shed tests. We do not have the certification yet. There is an administrative lag between the time we pass the tests and receiving the Executive Order.

SpudRider 11-21-2014 02:39 PM

Thanks for posting the clarification, Joe. :) Can you give us a rough estimate when the RX3 bikes might arrive in California?

Wolftrax 11-21-2014 03:08 PM

Woo hoo got my call from Sarah at CSC. Took my deposit and informed me my should be ready for US shipment around the 1st of February 2015. Think I might store my bike in Ca. And do a fly and ride in early March!

culcune 11-21-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolftrax (Post 175675)
Woo hoo got my call from Sarah at CSC. Took my deposit and informed me my should be ready for US shipment around the 1st of February 2015. Think I might store my bike in Ca. And do a fly and ride in early March!

You would have to pay sales tax on the bike, but it would still probably be less than the cost of shipping.

SpudRider 11-21-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

:tup:

Wolftrax 11-21-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 175676)
You would have to pay sales tax on the bike, but it would still probably be less than the cost of shipping.

Sales tax is normally paid when you register your bike in Ga. I bought bikes in NC, Tn and WV and never paid sales tax at the point of sale.

SpudRider 11-21-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolftrax (Post 175684)
Sales tax is normally paid when you register your bike in Ga. I bought bikes in NC, Tn and WV and never paid sales tax at the point of sale.

That's the way it works in Idaho. I have bought several motorcycles outside of Idaho. I pay the sales tax at the local DMV when I register the vehicle. I'm sure CSCDude has addressed this issue in both this thread, and the CSC Blog. ;)

culcune 11-21-2014 11:43 PM

Okay, I hope that is how it works. I had asked Excalibur if they would let me buy my bike and ride it back to Yuma, and he had told me I would have to pay sales tax. I had wondered, but did not ask, if I could buy the bike, have him send me the MSO, register it in AZ and pay the taxes, etc. and then go to Chino to ride it back.

Just double check with CSC at any rate.

Pitbullmoto 11-22-2014 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 175665)
As usual, I agree with Weld. ;)

Maybe somewhere in internet has an information about tenders where zongshen won, and now they are supply zongshen nc 250 for GasGas and AGP?

If NC250 is a copy, what is original engine?

SpudRider 11-22-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitbullmoto (Post 175691)
Maybe somewhere in internet has an information about tenders where zongshen won, and now they are supply zongshen nc 250 for GasGas and AGP?

If NC250 is a copy, what is original engine?

The Zongshen NC250 engine is not a copy, it is an original design. Zongshen worked with an Italian company to design the NC250 engine.

3banger 11-22-2014 12:08 PM

Been lurking for while since I'm on the CSC list. Figured it's time I joine. Got my call yesterday but was traveling in poor cell coverage. But made it clear I'm in and will call back on Monday. Now I got the whole weekend to think about what color....

Wolftrax 11-22-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3banger (Post 175694)
Been lurking for while since I'm on the CSC list. Figured it's time I joine. Got my call yesterday but was traveling in poor cell coverage. But made it clear I'm in and will call back on Monday. Now I got the whole weekend to think about what color....

Welcome, this is definately the site for all things Zongshen. BTW, get the Orange, it's the fastest.

Weldangrind 11-22-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 175663)
I've pondered the same question, which proves that great minds think alike. :lol: After examining the photographs, I think the lower shock linkage from the Gas Gas, and similar bikes which employ the NC250 engine, would fit the Zongshen RX3.

I also surmise the forks, swingarm, shock absorber, and both wheels from the Zongshen ZS150GY-10 might fit the new RX3. ;)

I presume you mean that fools seldom differ. :hehe:

I'm also wondering if the Gas Gas suspension linkage is a different length. If it is longer, it might lower the saddle height on an RX-3.

Weldangrind 11-22-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 175666)
I have considered that possibility. The kick start lever, associated gears, and right crankcase cover are readily available at Taobao. :) However, the frame of the RX3 is different from the dirt bikes which employ the the NC250 engine, all of which have the kick starter. The RX3 frame is wider, and extends farther from the engine. Therefore, I surmise the frame of the RX3 would probably obstruct the kick start lever, and one can't install it on the RX3. :ohno: However, we will know better regarding this matter after the RX3 arrives in North America. ;)

After swapping the other parts over, the kicker could be modified to suit the RX-3 frame. If it's not conducive to comfortable riding after modification, it could be stored in a pannier.

Weldangrind 11-22-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

To Georgia? You're a better man than me.