ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Vulcan S 650 or Vulcan 900 Custom? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29840)

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368423)
Aw, come on Jerry we love ya but we want to hear the Vulcan do some talking too! :D

Next video. Lucky i even posted this video. lol I was too busy enjoying the ride. :D I burned through my first tank of fuel yesterday. 53.6 mpg and not even broke in yet. This bike handles the twisties so well. It handle more like a sports bike with the comfort of a cruiser. I had to make a few minor adjustments to the position of the levers and handle bars. I took her out for another ride and feels even better. Only complaint i have is the position of the handle bar controls. I'll have to drill new holes in the bars to rotate them back a little. I could just wack the plastic pin off but rather not. Turn signals, passing light switch and start button are in an bad position for me. Not something i don't think I'll get use to.

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 09:51 AM

I ordered some Viking Saddle Bags yesterday. Got 20% off.
https://www.vikingbags.com/kawasaki-...BoCnPsQAvD_BwE

david3921 11-01-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368431)
Next video. Lucky i even posted this video. lol I was too busy enjoying the ride. :D I burned through my first tank of fuel yesterday. 53.6 mpg and not even broke in yet. This bike handles the twisties so well. It handle more like a sports bike with the comfort of a cruiser. I had to make a few minor adjustments to the position of the levers and handle bars. I took her out for another ride and feels even better. Only complaint i have is the position of the handle bar controls. I'll have to drill new holes in the bars to rotate them back a little. I could just wack the plastic pin off but rather not. Turn signals, passing light switch and start button are in an bad position for me. Not something i don't think I'll get use to.

Could you install risers and then rotate the handlebars? If it changes the pullback too much you could install offset ones.

herbie 11-01-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368431)

You’ve got the best of both worlds, comfort and holy cow hold on… :tup:
Mini apes would do the trick I think :hmm:

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368445)
You’ve got the best of both worlds, comfort and holy cow hold on… :tup:
Mini apes would do the trick I think :hmm:

You're right about the "holy cow, Hold on" I was merging onto the interstate yesterday and before I knew it I was doing 85mph with hardly any throttle. I'm going to play around with the handle bars some more. Setting them a little farther back might help and still be comfortable. If not, I'll break out the drill and reposition the holes for the controls. I also order grip-ons for the handlebar grips. I need to fatten them up for my big hands.

herbie 11-01-2021 04:45 PM

I like fat grips myself, I have a set of grip puppies slid over the stock grips on my DR and it’s perfect

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368465)
I like fat grips myself, I have a set of grip puppies slid over the stock grips on my DR and it’s perfect

I've put them on every bike. Better feel and cuts down on vibration. I think the stock grips are made for the girly man hands. :lmao:

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 10:55 PM

I adjusted the handlebars back a little farther. Now the controls are perfect and handlebar position is comfortable as well. :tup:

JerryHawk250 11-02-2021 08:57 AM

I replaced the stock light bulb with a LED bulb last night. Even though the stock bulb was bright compared to what usually comes on motorcycles I still replaced since i already had one handy that i ordered a while back. All I can say is Wow! this bulb is super bright. I'll definitely be seen during the daylight.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BC4G48W...roduct_details

2LZ 11-02-2021 12:04 PM

I simply LOVE blinging up a new bike! It's half the fun!

herbie 11-02-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 368508)
I simply LOVE blinging up a new bike! It's half the fun!

Absolutely true! Sometimes I overspend on the bling though. Hello my name is Herbie and I have a motorcycle obsession, I feel better now :lmao:

JerryHawk250 11-02-2021 01:47 PM

I'm trying to control myself on spending on this bike but can't help myself. I just ordered the crash bars. :ohno: Hi, my name is Jerry and I have a motorcycle addiction.

herbie 11-02-2021 02:33 PM

:lmao::clap::lmao:

TxTaoRider 11-02-2021 04:11 PM

What's important is have you named her yet?

JerryHawk250 11-02-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxTaoRider (Post 368522)
What's important is have you named her yet?

I was never one to name a bike. That would be like naming a cow that you are going to slaughter eventually. I don't want to get too attached in case i like something better later on. :lmao: