ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   2022 Templar X 6sp Review (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31513)

tknj99 12-10-2022 06:00 PM

Looking inside the intake port it did seem a but rough. Other than that there's maybe a black spot which is rubber from the manifold I believe

tknj99 12-11-2022 12:47 PM

Very interesting.. cold start this morning and with idle held up a but she did not stutter and I was able to lower idle back quickly without any stalls.. Will keep an eye on things

Zapkin 12-11-2022 12:51 PM

I should have kept my order for the goddang templar X. my indecisiveness has always been a major issue in life. eh well, maybe they will sell out of the Xpect and be forced to give me a Templar instead?> hehehe

tknj99 12-12-2022 06:20 PM

3 cold starts so far and looks like the issue is resolved. I have to ignore the 1st trial as i found out later that my choke cable got stuck on the lever edge and was engaged, no wonder it ran like crap that morning lol

Twowheeler 12-28-2022 06:56 PM

PowerMax nonresponsive to my inquiry.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum thing. I'm also new to china bikes. I was planning to purchase (via layaway), a Templar X 250. I'm 6' and weigh 304 lbs, so I figure this is my only option for a cheap but strong, street legal (in Ohio, I hope), enduro. I've left 2 voicemails and emailed them twice. I just wanted a couple of questions answered, before I buy. And, I'd rather purchase over the phone with a person, if possible. It's been 2 weeks and no joy. Anyone have an idea on how to get ahold of these people? Thank you, in advance.

Lifanatic 12-29-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowheeler (Post 388656)
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum thing. I'm also new to china bikes. I was planning to purchase (via layaway), a Templar X 250. I'm 6' and weigh 304 lbs, so I figure this is my only option for a cheap but strong, street legal (in Ohio, I hope), enduro. I've left 2 voicemails and emailed them twice. I just wanted a couple of questions answered, before I buy. And, I'd rather purchase over the phone with a person, if possible. It's been 2 weeks and no joy. Anyone have an idea on how to get ahold of these people? Thank you, in advance.

are you saying that you've called the main phone # and they aren't responding? that is very unsettling to me because they have several hundred dollars of mine at the moment.

Thumper 12-29-2022 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Pete (Post 387500)
Good to know on the reserve (or lack there of). It looks like carrying a small canister of fuel will be the real reserve for these bikes.

I think you discovered this by now, but Templar petcock has a reserve position. Technically it is taking fuel from left lobe, or right lobe of the tank. R is either straight up or straight down. O is horizontal (closed). You can switch to the other R when it runs out to use the reserve (other side of the tank). I get more than 5 miles. More like 15 miles

Thumper 12-29-2022 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc3 (Post 387755)
Thats crazy!

I found mine had no gasket either. I used red RTV, 600 degree high temp gasket maker. A narrow bead was enough, it mounts flat and a bit squoze out, cleaned up easy before it dried.

It's back together. But still no large idle screw. Ali shipping means 4 weeks!

By the way, the carb is much easier to install with the rear shock off ! No need for a heat gun or hair dryer ;)

Twowheeler 12-29-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifanatic (Post 388678)
are you saying that you've called the main phone # and they aren't responding? that is very unsettling to me because they have several hundred dollars of mine at the moment.

Yes. I would like to speak to a human, if possible.

Lifanatic 12-29-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowheeler (Post 388686)

not sure if you considered this but they are on the west coast. perhaps you are having issues with contacting them due to the time difference?

Lifanatic 12-29-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowheeler (Post 388686)

I just called this number 855-256-8969.

A human answered after the automated system told me to hang on a minute. I told the guy about you and that I would give you this number. Hope it helps.

Twowheeler 01-08-2023 02:04 PM

Hello and here is an update. The number, is the one in their ad. They finally answered the phone, this week and I now have my bike in layaway. I should be able to pay it off have it, by the 1st week of March. I'm excited! Thank you for your help, i appreciate it!

Thumper 01-08-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowheeler (Post 389099)
Hello and here is an update. The number, is the one in their ad. They finally answered the phone, this week and I now have my bike in layaway. I should be able to pay it off have it, by the 1st week of March. I'm excited! Thank you for your help, i appreciate it!

Nice! What model/color did you lay away?

Twowheeler 01-09-2023 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 389111)
Nice! What model/color did you lay away?

Templar X 250, Black. I'm kinda wondering though, if I should have gotten the orange 5 spd Templar. As long as it can hold my weight and not bog down. I wonder if I could change my order. I also may have them assemble it, for me. I'm still going to tweak some things, as I have gotten ideas from reading these posts, but it would make it easier on me. What do y'all think?

tknj99 01-10-2023 07:34 AM

With regard to the buzzing of the counterbalancer i haven't noticed that on my TempX. And the X will have no problem hauling you around, especially in stock form with the 49T rear sprocket.. if you are severely overweight than stick with stock gearing otherwise, re-gearing may see you bogging down in 6th gear