ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Pure Dirt (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Help with agb 36 apollo 250 dirtbike (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14315)

Nydirtbike 02-10-2015 07:33 PM

just put it in the other day
but haven't had a chance to ride the dirt bike. Snow and ice on the floor
i think it will be fine. I can't wait to test the bike now that i replaced the front sprocket adjusted the valves and new carb in

bmackay318 02-17-2015 07:44 PM

If you have a chance Nydirtbike, could you measure the fork tubes? I picked up a 2000 KX250 that is missing the cylinder/head and I've been thinking about picking up one of these since they can be found for $1400.

Also, is there any electrical wires snipped on the harness, I've heard that some of the motos have a general harness and the company just cuts and tapes wires to the component that the model is missing. Since I live in Minnesota I can get plates on the bike easily and was planning on wiring up lights and riding it to work.

Thanks

katoranger 02-17-2015 08:40 PM

bmackay. I would double check with getting tags. MN has been one the tougher states.

bmackay318 02-17-2015 08:57 PM

From what I understood, the recent changes allow for an Off Highway Motorcycle to be plated is that one must first get trail tags from the DNR office. After you get the OHM to meet state and federal regulation, which you self certify, you head to the DMV and pay a processing fee and tag fee and you get plates for the OHM but no title and it is able to be operated on the roadway. I live 5 miles from work with a 2 mile stretch with a 50mph speed limit, and because I weigh 280lbs I was looking for a larger engine than the 200cc enduros I've seen here.

Nydirtbike 02-17-2015 09:25 PM

bmackay318

ill measure tomorrow. I did not see any cut/snipped wires

Gr8rcher 02-18-2015 10:31 AM

Lights might be a problem with the onboard charging system. I measured the voltage at the Battery with the bike running the other day and found only 13v, enough to keep the battery charged under normal conditions but I'm afraid there would be too much draw from the lights to keep up with. I am going to do some load testing soon and will share the results.

KirkN 02-19-2015 01:55 PM

Wow, too bad about the weak charging. Something sounds wrong there. I've checked my own Baja 250 and have seen over 14-volts with motor running.

Weldangrind 02-23-2015 12:25 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

Adam101 07-02-2015 06:32 PM

Where did you purchase your sprocket at?

FLASHLIGHTBOY 07-18-2015 02:26 PM

carb adjustment

For the carb adjustment ... they have to be EPA CERTIFIYE.. since about 2012-2013/... you can drill out the brass plug and the adjusting screw is still in there... you will see the fuel bowl also has anti -tamperproof screws .. drill them out with a small drill and easy out... the APOLLO bikes are nice... I bought over a 40 ft container in 2008 .. before the EPA stuff.. the better MUKINI carbs are a upgrade from the factory but most dealers who import them want to save a few bucks.. I upgraded on mine.. the sold very well and a good bike.. good swingarm .. you can buy them in CANADA now.. out of Vancouver by you know who... I really liked them.. you can the the upgraded cdi .. and sparkplug wire.....and do the carb... I do not think there is really much else.... for the charging system for lights.. buy a better stator for more charging power.... I would think one off of a atv 250 cc motor would be better... check around..

funonemax 12-07-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY (Post 188917)
.. you can the the upgraded cdi .. and sparkplug wire.....and do the carb... I do not think there is really much else.... .

What would be considered an upgraded CDI and spark plug wire? Can you provide something that I could search on ebay?

Messing around with my 2015 apollo 250cc four stroke and always looking to tinker for the better.

ptnaidu 04-03-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 178286)
It could be tough to find slow jets for that carb. A 30mm Mikuni is much easier. Here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-A...c1c85d&vxp=mtr

Weldangrind or Nydirtbike,

Can you please confirm that this carb worked on Apollo 250? I just got the same bike, the carb takes half choke to idle, cleaning and rejetting did not help.

Ordered the Mikuni carb, can't wait to change it as soon as it gets here. Curious how it is working for you.

Thanks!!

luisipr1 04-03-2016 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the 12t sprocket that fit my bike.

luisipr1 04-03-2016 03:12 PM

The mikuni carb is a great addition you can definitely see an improvement in the performance of the bike

funonemax 04-04-2016 02:30 PM

What is the difference between these two carbs?

Just curious, what is the difference between the first carb Weld listed and this one that I bought for the Rhino ATV

I know there is one, its just not immediately jumping out at me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161793960962...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT