ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440)

SpudRider 12-11-2015 03:15 PM

I'm confident the NC250 engine, by itself, is smaller. The NC250 engine is definitely smaller, and lighter, than the 196cc, Yamaha engine in my Zongshen ZS200GY-2. If you search this thread for posts by JimJr21, I believe he reported the weight of the NC250 engine. ;)

3banger 12-11-2015 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So given that the frames of the RX3 are are steel I purchased a well known in the Motorcycling word ACF-50 Anti-Corrosion spray. Below is a bit of pipe, one piece was sprayed & the other left with the oil coating from the manufacturer. They were left in the elements for about 6 months. Bet you can't guess which was which...

I've been using the spray to hit areas of the bike after cleaning. Basically try to get into areas might collect dirt and moisture. Also with the little or spray straw I've given most of the little drain holes a quick squirt.

SpudRider 12-11-2015 06:36 PM

Thanks for posting the good tip. :)

Weldangrind 12-12-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3banger (Post 200344)
So given that the frames of the RX3 are are steel I purchased a well known in the Motorcycling word ACF-50 Anti-Corrosion spray. Below is a bit of pipe, one piece was sprayed & the other left with the oil coating from the manufacturer. They were left in the elements for about 6 months. Bet you can't guess which was which...

I've been using the spray to hit areas of the bike after cleaning. Basically try to get into areas might collect dirt and moisture. Also with the little or spray straw I've given most of the little drain holes a quick squirt.

Excellent idea! Does it spray on clear?

3banger 12-12-2015 01:46 PM

Yep, it very much a cleaning/shine up product. I spay it in hard to reach areas as well as just spray on a rag and wipe areas down. Safe for pretty much all surfaces.

keithmaine 12-12-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3banger (Post 200412)
Yep, it very much a cleaning/shine up product. I spay it in hard to reach areas as well as just spray on a rag and wipe areas down. Safe for pretty much all surfaces.

I was under the impression that it was a spray on leave on product. A lot guys on the Ural forum use it but spray it on for the winter wash it off in spring.

3banger 12-12-2015 06:19 PM

I guess it really depends how much you want to "leave on". Spraying it on thick and areas will drip for few days.

Weldangrind 12-12-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3banger (Post 200412)

Is it silicone based, like Pro Prep?

Jay In Milpitas 12-13-2015 06:36 PM

Found him.

The guy at Zongshen that installs the RX-3 valve covers.

https://latimesphoto.files.wordpress...2_m0l7jhpd.jpg

paisleyrider 12-13-2015 08:55 PM

ACF50 is also a lubricant so make sure to avoid brakes and tires when applying. Otherwise it is safe and recommended to be applied anywhere on the motorcycle.

rjmorel 12-13-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas (Post 200474)

I believe it, his are the ones that don't need no lock-tite and a few other choice nuts and bolts that gave me a hernia trying to loosen and expanded my vocabulary, rj

SpudRider 12-14-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas (Post 200474)

That's not the worst of it. He also uses loctite, and an impact driver. :ohno:

rjmorel 12-15-2015 02:06 AM

What to do

OK we have 2 accessory leads down by the seat controlled by switches on the throttle grip side and I've added a battery tender plug to the battery terminals. I want to run heated grips , a heated jacket and a GPS at same time and get my money out of the 300 watt alternator. My question is the 2 axillary switches are either one or the other on at a time, so how would you connect these up?
I've made them all battery tender style plug ins.
Put heated grips and jacket on one circuit and GPS on battery ? rj, not an electrician .

SpudRider 12-15-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmorel (Post 200596)
OK we have 2 accessory leads down by the seat controlled by switches on the throttle grip side and I've added a battery tender plug to the battery terminals. I want to run heated grips , a heated jacket and a GPS at same time and get my money out of the 300 watt alternator. My question is the 2 axillary switches are either one or the other on at a time, so how would you connect these up?
I've made them all battery tender style plug ins.
Put heated grips and jacket on one circuit and GPS on battery ? rj, not an electrician .

Only one of the accessory power lines is active at any given time. ;) I suggest you connect either your heated grips, or your heated jacket, directly to the battery. Then you can connect the other circuit to either the A1, or A2 power line.

SpudRider 12-15-2015 04:44 AM

CSC is offering the 2016 Cyclone RX3 in four colors. Please visit the following thread, and select your favorite color in the poll. :)

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15657