ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   What did you BUY today? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16465)

BlackBike 05-08-2017 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce's (Post 255089)
I am not a gun guy ,but when they gave us m16's we were all very unimpressed ,at 100 yards on the range the rounds were sticking into the cardboard targets ,the old fn rifles we had ,would blast a big hole in the target ,and shatter the 2x4's holding them up at 500 yards .we were told it was ammo problems ,I suspect it was supplied by daisy red Ryder as it sure felt like a bb gun .Anyways ,knowing you have something other than a m16 under your cot ,sounds good to me .

Dictates from Brussels so no one gets hurt (kidding). In the meantime, the 7.62 mm destroys itself upon exit from the body. :hmm:

Haha, I knew the ammo talk would raddle pistols cage.

Bruce's 05-09-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 255104)
What kind of rounds were they?? surprised it even cycled the gun. An AR runs a 55 grain bullet at 3000 fps at the muzzle and loses only about 350 fps at 100 yards. So it is still zipping along at 2,600 fps at 100 yards. I shoot bowling pins at 50 yards and my 55 grain rounds zip right through them. My 5 year old son's cricket .22 will go through a 2x4 at 100 yards. (cci stingers)

My AK and my 308 (h&k) do shred bowling pins, especially in cold weather, but the AR is very good at penetrating.

Hey btw if anyone is in CT this weekend I will be competing in a rifle and pistol competition. Not sure what rifle I will shoot but my pistol will be my Glock 34.

I wouldn't know what rounds they were ,I am thinking might of been 5.56 ?but that was in the 80's so I honestly don't know anymore ,Canadian military so they were probably the cheapest crap they could find .They kept apologizing for the ammo ,the m16 was brand new to us and I left the army before we got anything better .The old FN was a 9.62 ,that would really mess the recipient up .

Bruce's 05-09-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 255109)
Dictates from Brussels so no one gets hurt (kidding). In the meantime, the 7.62 mm destroys itself upon exit from the body. :hmm:

Haha, I knew the ammo talk would raddle pistols cage.

I guess it was 7.62 now that you mention it ,definitely a long time ago and nothing I was interested in .

old kid 05-09-2017 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 255104)
What kind of rounds were they?? surprised it even cycled the gun. An AR runs a 55 grain bullet at 3000 fps at the muzzle and loses only about 350 fps at 100 yards. So it is still zipping along at 2,600 fps at 100 yards. I shoot bowling pins at 50 yards and my 55 grain rounds zip right through them. My 5 year old son's cricket .22 will go through a 2x4 at 100 yards. (cci stingers)

My AK and my 308 (h&k) do shred bowling pins, especially in cold weather, but the AR is very good at penetrating.

Hey btw if anyone is in CT this weekend I will be competing in a rifle and pistol competition. Not sure what rifle I will shoot but my pistol will be my Glock 34.

Where is it at,. I haven't been to one of these in a few years. We were planning on being in Hartford next week sometime . I'm thinking probably Saturday morning. I used to shoot Clay's competivaly up to about 10 years ago. It was just a local thing that ended up running out of $ to keep going.now it's just friendly competition for bragging rights.

pistolclass 05-09-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old kid (Post 255121)
Where is it at,. I haven't been to one of these in a few years. We were planning on being in Hartford next week sometime . I'm thinking probably Saturday morning. I used to shoot Clay's competivaly up to about 10 years ago. It was just a local thing that ended up running out of $ to keep going.now it's just friendly competition for bragging rights.

http://www.mattabassett.com

Yeah BlackBike, I love anything that goes boom.:tup: it is kinda tough up here behind enemy lines.

old kid 05-09-2017 03:51 PM

thats close to where were gonna be, the wife wants to take our son in law to Cabelas for his B-Day and I somehow have been assigned the tour guide, we should be done around noon in Hartford, we will stop in and check it out.,

I have quite collection of these things that go boom also, :tup:

BlackBike 05-09-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 255141)
http://www.mattabassett.com

Yeah BlackBike, I love anything that goes boom.:tup: it is kinda tough up here behind enemy lines.

Impressive club. I see memnbership is closed

If I only had a place to shoot. may own this some day
http://cdn4.gunsforsale.com/media/ca...0tkr3ss-01.jpg

pistolclass 05-09-2017 10:22 PM

There is something like a 20 year waiting list to get into the club. We have 300 members. Membership is only $85 per year. It is a great club. My wife wants to go to Brimfield flea market this weekend. So I offered to give up this months competition if the weather is going to be crappy on Sunday and take her on Saturday.

Old kid- the competition is open to the public so stop by. I will know Friday if I will be shooting. I hope to meet you. Pray for the rain to miss us this weekend so I can play with my fire sticks.

Anything you want to see me bring? here is a list of the cool stuff:

FN PS 90
Mak90 (AK)
Uzi
AR with grenade launcher
Pink AR (my wife's.... really)
Tan AR
Black AR
My PTR is broken so it need to go to the gunsmith
Mac-9
FN 5.7
keltec sub2000
bushmaster M17s

I usually bring a couple rifles and a couple pistols.

I know what some of you are thinking....:crazy:

old kid 05-09-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 255203)
Impressive club. I see memnbership is closed

If I only had a place to shoot. may own this some day
http://cdn4.gunsforsale.com/media/ca...0tkr3ss-01.jpg

my wife has one of those, she inheireted it from her father it will shoot 45acp or a 410 shotshell, we shoot skeet with it every once in a while..

Taurus was gonna expand the judge line and come out with a 28ga the only problem was that it exceeded the .49cal federal limit on a hand gun, and a shotgun has to have a minimum barrel length of 16.25".

leave it to the feds to ruin a good thing.

BlackBike 05-10-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 255229)
There is something like a 20 year waiting list to get into the club. We have 300 members. Membership is only $85 per year. It is a great club. My wife wants to go to Brimfield flea market this weekend. So I offered to give up this months competition if the weather is going to be crappy on Sunday and take her on Saturday.

Old kid- the competition is open to the public so stop by. I will know Friday if I will be shooting. I hope to meet you. Pray for the rain to miss us this weekend so I can play with my fire sticks.

FN PS 90
Mak90 (AK)
Uzi
AR with grenade launcher
Tan AR
Black AR
Mac-9
FN 5.7
keltec sub2000
bushmaster M17s

Yes, I'm thinking , what , no self propelled gun
howitzer 155 pictured
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...m_Howitzer.jpg

old kid 05-10-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 255229)

FN PS 90
Mak90 (AK)
Uzi
AR with grenade launcher
Tan AR
Black AR
Mac-9
FN 5.7
keltec sub2000
bushmaster M17s

half the guns on your list have been banned in NY. King Cuomo keeps a tight reign on us. but im sure its for our own good. :grr:

the club we have here is pretty much the same thing, a waiting list years long but it is well worth it, it took me 5 years to get in and that has been over 20 years ago now. we have 2 indoor ranges 2 outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, a skeet field, a trap field, a 5stand field, a 25 target KD archery range, a 35 target 3D archery course, there is a 3 acre pond full of some huge largemouths that is reserved for the members kids, plus indoor and outdoor event facilities that can hold over 200 people.

http://www.hffgc.net/

pistolclass 05-10-2017 07:36 AM

most of mine are now banned in CT, but I was grandfathered in because I owned them before the ban.

Funny though, if it was made before 94 you can still buy it in CT, like my UZI, MAK90 and some of my AR's

old kid 05-10-2017 07:49 AM

we can still get anything that was manufactured preban (prior to the Brady Bill) providing it complies with federal regs, ( no full auto or burst ) and im pretty sure the grenade launcher wouldnt pass either,

we can still buy AR's but they cant have pistol grips, bayonet lug, folding stock or any other attachments on it, the barrel cant be threaded and if there is a compensator it has to be pinned or welded in place, compensator is ok but no flash suppressers.....Figure that one out :hmm:
also no high cap. mags :ohno:

pistolclass 05-10-2017 12:04 PM

The launcher needs to be 37mm and not rifled. And you need to make sure there is not a 40mm barrel in your possession due to the easy interchangeable nature of the launcher.

Our preban is unlimited as to the features. NFA rules apply of course.

old kid 05-10-2017 12:52 PM

something like that would most likely get you a 10 year prison term here.