ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Poll - How did you get your bike??? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=2562)

Universal_Diver 04-09-2008 08:11 AM

I ordered my 250 Hi-Bird from Vbike.us

An excellent experience...
As a matter of fact I am about to order a 4 wheeler from them.... :lol:

mrhyak 04-09-2008 11:14 AM

I purchased my bike used on ebay from the original owner. It had 4 clicks on the odometer and a dead battery (sat for 2 yrs in a shed). New battery and new gas and the thing has been running excellent ever since... Oh, the price was $500 buy-it-now and the guy lived 5 miles from where I work. He paid $1,699 and had it shipped to his house.

Death85e 04-11-2008 09:51 AM

New China Bike Owners ( The Wife and I )

My wife and i just recently purchased 2 of the HI-Bird 250's from a dealer in Oklahoma sight unseen ( and lots of prayers the bikes will be as great as we keep hearing ) 8O ...anyway we are really looking forward to the fun and enjoyment of riding and tinkering..lol...my .02 cents worth. BTW great sight eveyone!!! I didnt do as i should have and do the research on the bikes beforehand so i'm a lil bit scared about what to expect. :oops:

SpeedSouth 04-11-2008 11:10 AM

Re: New China Bike Owners ( The Wife and I )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death85e
My wife and i just recently purchased 2 of the HI-Bird 250's from a dealer in Oklahoma sight unseen ( and lots of prayers the bikes will be as great as we keep hearing ) 8O ...anyway we are really looking forward to the fun and enjoyment of riding and tinkering..lol...my .02 cents worth. BTW great sight eveyone!!! I didnt do as i should have and do the research on the bikes beforehand so i'm a lil bit scared about what to expect. :oops:

Welcome to the forum :)

You've come to the right place. The help you will find here is second to none.

On topic, I purchased my bike "unseen" from a dealer....and I'm rather surprised by the numbers to this point. I knew a lot of people purchsed from online vendors, but didn't expect the percentage to be quite that high. Not sure why...I just didn't. Almost 3:1 to the next closest option. 8O

culcune 04-11-2008 12:33 PM

Re: New China Bike Owners ( The Wife and I )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death85e
I didnt do as i should have and do the research on the bikes beforehand so i'm a lil bit scared about what to expect. :oops:

Three active recent members; 'kczukiman', 'universal diver', and 'Cal25', just ordered and received their Hi-Birds, so you will be in good company. The place you ordered from is either anamcycles or vbikeusa which I really think are one and the same, and are probably affiliated with Hi-Bird USA who are also located in OK (coincidence, I think not!)

DirtRoadKing 04-11-2008 12:48 PM

I've had my Hi-Bird/Ricardo (same as Komoto) for about 2 mo. now. I think it's great, a lot of bike for the money. Doing some mods. on it this weekend. K&N air filter, 44 rear sprocket, raising the needle. Already did the exhuast and I have a CDI ordered, might be here today.
Happy with Hi-Bird so far...

culcune 04-11-2008 12:57 PM

Sorry, DRK, you have one, too :oops: Isn't your sprocket already a 46?

DirtRoadKing 04-11-2008 05:11 PM

No, it was a 17/50 set up. I just came in from changing it to a 44. Took a little ride, it's much better. I did the other mods today also, what an improvement. The biggest difference came from the K&N filter and moving the needle. Might still have to increase jet size, may be a little lean, but that thing is screaming compaired to how it was...

Death85e 04-17-2008 12:27 AM

WOW!!!!!! got our bikes about a week ago now and i gotta say WOW!!!! Since we put them together we have already put 100+ miles on each one changed the oil twice and have had way to much fun...lol...we ride mostly trails in the red rock region of south eastern utah and have little trips on highway but i gotta say i'm beyond pleased. My only concern now is the effects of the 100+ heat on the 250's in the summer time here....if anyone has any comments please i am open to all suggestions and help...Thanks to Frostbite for setting up such a great site and Thanks to all of the members for being kind enough to help!