ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Dual Sport Today? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18198)

2LZ 02-22-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo in wv (Post 243922)
totally agree. a 6 inch mud hole = half an hour of cleaning.

but it is still hard to resist peeling out in it, to see just how far you can throw it... i'm up to around 40 feet.

Exactly! It's not that I don't get them dirty. I've had them covered in muck and cow crap. It's just that they don't stay that way long.

Sullybiker 02-22-2017 12:19 PM

Its been glorious here in Western PA. I spent the weekend building flatpack beds and messing with the carb on my TT250, neither of which were much fun, but I've been taking the bikes to work and the riding's been great.

I need to get around to my sprocket change on the TT250 too, now that it's warmer the bike pulls harder and feels like it just wants to keep revving.

BlackBike 02-22-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 243898)
I'm not sure that I could see it yet, or remember seeing it, but yes, in the year I was born, 1938, It rained so much that the Los Angeles river left it's newly engineered watercourse, and went back into its original watercourse, destroying homes and roads on its way back to the way nature intended.....ARH

Thanks, great to have your perspective!

BlackBike 02-22-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 243907)
Oh yay.... Everyone makes a huge deal (especially now in our 24 hour news cycle) about this kind of thing.

Drought? Yes....and it's a normal weather cycle for here.....but we didn't just roll out of it in one year. like they may be reporting.
We have two different rain gauges, in two different spots on our property and we track it religiously. Plus, we don't count anything under 1/4" so our measurements are conservative.

In 2014/2015, we measures 30" (almost average for Volcano).
In 2015/2016, we measured 42".
This 2016/2017 season, we've already hit 58" with March and April yet to go.

Fact is CA gets its weather from 5 different directions and it cycles between wet and dry about every 7 or so years, at least in the 58 years I've lived here.

Ahh, I see you are also an amateur meteorologist. One of those "the weather's on " tv kinda folk...me too! It's always something to talk about:hehe:

Mrm70 02-22-2017 09:26 PM

Nice cluster upgrade does anyone know if they make cluster upgrade for the pioneer xf250gy aka ssr ??

hertz9753 02-22-2017 10:22 PM

I looked at my bike today. It added 1Hz power and I could almost hear the engine running.

https://youtu.be/gzWHjZhc5bs

Musictrek 02-22-2017 11:21 PM

Hawk mods

3 Attachment(s)
Well my Hawk went to ER last night. She had a clogged main artery. Surgery was needed quickly to restore her deep breathing gasp for oxygen.

Musictrek 02-22-2017 11:25 PM

Hawk mods

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 243995)
Well my Hawk went to ER last night. She had a clogged main artery. Surgery was needed quickly to restore her deep breathing gasp for oxygen.

All welded up several coats of high temp paint on the exhaust. Got the new cluster added as well. That is amazing! Its basically plug n play. Very accurate speed and mileage count as I checked with my GPS.

LunaTech 02-23-2017 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 243995)

I did the same to mine a while back. She breaths so much better now. You'll probably need to rejet unless you were already running a little rich.

JerryHawk250 02-23-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 243996)
All welded up several coats of high temp paint on the exhaust. Got the new cluster added as well. That is amazing! Its basically plug n play. Very accurate speed and mileage count as I checked with my GPS.

Nice job :tup: I had to re-jet to a 115 after I gutted mine. I see you got your cluster straighten out too.

emptyschmitz 02-23-2017 08:00 AM

I got ours new shoes; Michelin T63 rears and Shinko 804 fronts. Mostly for our KAT trip. After that I'm thinking Shinko 700 all around.

old kid 02-23-2017 12:23 PM

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psvy2hngcn.jpg

i cut the bottom 10" off the license plate holder and plate light, i made a bracket to replace the plate holder out of a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate installed two LED posts for plate lights above the plate. i wanted to use black but all they had were the stainless, i'll look around for a couple of them. you can also see the Led turn signals on the back, these things are super bright and they are flexible and cheep, i got 8 of them for $12. i installed the Led head light and tail light also, makes a huge difference.

BlackBike 02-23-2017 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 8650Excellent!

My cheapo blaze had all incandescent bulbs. That was the first mods I did, led conversation all the way around. To see and be seen!

This pic was before I installed my led headlight. I think that blueish led is more noticeable and certainly less amperage .

2LZ 02-23-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrm70 (Post 243985)
Nice cluster upgrade does anyone know if they make cluster upgrade for the pioneer xf250gy aka ssr ??

I don't believe mjstef's cluster will fit either your SSR or my Q. The speed sensors and wiring has been designed for the Hondoid, so far. Fortunately, our dash clusters don't really suck and the speedo (at least on Q) is basically accurate.

Musictrek 02-23-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaTech (Post 244015)
I did the same to mine a while back. She breaths so much better now. You'll probably need to rejet unless you were already running a little rich.

I got her running a 110 jet now. I did notice a little bit of popping during off the throttle deceleration. didn't notice that before I gutted the cat. would that be a lean condition?