ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   2nd Generation, CSC Center Stand: Installation (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15804)

SpudRider 01-29-2016 12:56 AM

The CSC tutorial for the center stand installation is located at the following link. ;)

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/Articles.asp?ID=288

SpudRider 01-29-2016 01:00 AM

I have added this thread to the RX3 Tech Sticky, under the Modifications subheading. :)

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14228

rjmorel 01-29-2016 01:18 AM

Great pics and write up on your install Spud. Only comment I have is in painting your grinded area. It may be a wash as that area gets blasted by the front wheel with rocks and stuff. Mine looked pretty unpainted in that area from all the gravel roads I rode this summer. rj

SpudRider 01-29-2016 01:21 AM

Thanks for the tip and the kind words, Rob. :)

Inroads 01-29-2016 08:44 AM

My original Centerstand lofts the front wheel even when my side and top boxes are empty.
Nice to hear that the new one lifts the rear wheel.I'm curious how that is :hmm:
Re-design or because no boxes on Spud's bike ?

Weldangrind 01-29-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 203561)
When it is convenient, I will remove the center stand and weld a gusset between the deployment arm and the left leg of the center stand.

You have my full attention. Did you buy an Eastwood?

woodlandsprite 01-29-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inroads (Post 203577)
My original Centerstand lofts the front wheel even when my side and top boxes are empty.
Nice to hear that the new one lifts the rear wheel.I'm curious how that is :hmm:

I suspect it might be due to no boxes on spuds bike.

I had one of the side boxes off of my bike when I did the valve work - and if I remember right, it was much happier to loft the rear wheel then.

What I'm curious about is the contact with the frame requiring that the top of the stand be ground down - especially if the design is such that the existing stands were unchanged and an arm was simply added. i do not recall having such an issue with my center stand.

SpudRider 01-29-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inroads (Post 203577)

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodlandsprite (Post 203588)
I suspect it might be due to no boxes on spuds bike.

I had one of the side boxes off of my bike when I did the valve work - and if I remember right, it was much happier to loft the rear wheel then...

I have all the standard equipment, including both panniers, installed on my bike. However, I did remove the stock trunk, and installed a Garage Pro Travel Trunk. The travel trunk was removed when I installed my center stand. The 2nd generation, center stand solidly lofts the rear wheel with the panniers installed. :tup: After talking with Ryan, I believe the new center stand might have been modified to loft the rear wheel. ;)

I will install my empty, Garage Pro Travel Trunk this afternoon, and see if the center stand still lofts the rear wheel. ;)

SpudRider 01-29-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 203580)
You have my full attention. Did you buy an Eastwood?

I did not buy the welder, yet. However, I am definitely going to buy the Eastwood welder you recommended. :)

SpudRider 01-29-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodlandsprite (Post 203588)
...What I'm curious about is the contact with the frame requiring that the top of the stand be ground down - especially if the design is such that the existing stands were unchanged and an arm was simply added. i do not recall having such an issue with my center stand.

We must remember, the RX3 was not originally designed to accommodate a center stand. The center stand mounts were originally intended only to aid assembly at the factory. CSC told Zongshen to keep the mounts, and reinforce them, so we could install a permanent center stand. :) Therefore, the frame clearance with the center stand might be a little tighter on some RX3 bikes than others. In any event, if necessary, it only requires a little trimming with an angle grinder to fix the problem. This 2nd generation, center stand is very nice, and I would not be concerned about doing a little grinding to make it fit. One will do less grinding to install this center stand than he would to install the CSC skid plate. ;)

woodlandsprite 01-29-2016 01:02 PM

:) I remember having to grind down either side of my center stand to fit between the mounts.
Based on your high praise and recommendation, it looks like prehaps I should contact CSC about that new center stand!

GSC 01-29-2016 05:29 PM

Spud . Most photos I can get, not yours though.' Webpage Unavailable'. My old computer might be due for a change?
I will install my newly arrived centerstand next week. Thanks as always for your thorough posts.

SpudRider 01-29-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSC (Post 203610)
Spud . Most photos I can get, not yours though.' Webpage Unavailable'. My old computer might be due for a change?
I will install my newly arrived centerstand next week. Thanks as always for your thorough posts.

You're welcome. :) You should be able to view my photos; you might be having a problem with either your web browser, or your computer. :shrug:

SpudRider 01-29-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSC (Post 203610)

My photos are posted at Photobucket.com, and they seem to be down for maintenance. I think that is your problem, because I currently can't see my photos either. ;)

GSC 01-30-2016 02:20 PM

OK that might explain it. I just checked , their up now. thanks