ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Giov 110cc Mini Beast Back Axel Problems (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5730)

yozalo 06-23-2009 07:22 PM

Mastercraft is a brand name at Canadian tire. I heard lot of good reviews of it but I am not sure. They are made of good quality.

Jim 06-23-2009 09:49 PM

Yes mastercraft makes some good tools, and often Canadian Tire puts them on for good deals. Also, I believe they have a lifetime warranty... I could be wrong, but I think they do.

yozalo 06-23-2009 11:14 PM

Yes, they have lifetime warranty. Wow, this thread got tremendous amount of replies. Thanks for everyone's help. :D

katoranger 06-24-2009 12:37 AM

Well a set of decent wrenches for $8 is a pretty good deal.

Allen

Weldangrind 06-24-2009 12:51 AM

Hey Yozalo,

Once you remove the rear axle and reveal the bent chain adjuster, please post photos for the benefit of our members. Some photos of the spacer you'll install in the rear axle would help as well. Thanks.

Cheers!

TurboT 06-24-2009 03:08 AM

There was a time when MasterCraft Professional Series wrenches looked like they were made at the same factory as Snap-On, even the font they used to inscribe the label and sizes was identical.

I own a set of metric Crappy Tire wrenches they work fine, and are better quality than a lot of stuff you see out there. They should last you a long time.

..I am also interested in your progress, so do post the pictures!

I'm planning on playing with the carb on the 50 tomorrow, I will let everyone know how I make out in the other thread I started on it.

yozalo 06-24-2009 08:43 AM

I will definitely post pictures. I was half way done when my fist socket broke. :lol: Also should I replace those chain adjuster screws. I will post pictures of the spacer even though it is not necessary since it is jut a bushing but I will still post pictures in the evening.

yozalo 06-24-2009 04:08 PM

Ok, this is as straight as I can get it at. If I go more I will damage it which I don't want to do.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...o/IMG_0276.jpg

Weldangrind 06-24-2009 08:49 PM

Yozalo, I think you'll have an easier time bending the chain adjusters back if you remove the axle first. Having the axle in place stiffens the whole assembly, and it makes it more difficult to get in there with tools.

yozalo 06-24-2009 10:10 PM

Ok, I will remove it from the axel.

yozalo 06-25-2009 07:00 PM

The atv is fixed. Weldangrind I could not fix the back that was the best angle I could get but the chain barely has any slack. It is tight. I will post pictures of it fixed.

Weldangrind 06-25-2009 09:45 PM

Yozalo, it's not a good idea to ride the quad if the chain has no slack. As soon as the suspension is compressed, the chain will become even tighter. The chain will be ruined, along with both sprockets if it is used that way.

Imagine the rear axle moving up and down as you go over bumps. The axle isn't travelling in a straight line, but moving through an arc. If you compressed the rear shock enough that the front sprocket, swingarm pivot bolt and rear sprocket were in a straight line, that is where the chain may have no slack (but still not be tight). All other positions of the swingarm will be looser than that point of alignment.

If your chain is tight, you need to resolve it. The rear axle is attached to the swingarm with four bolts; two of them pivot and the other two are in slotted holes. Loosen all four bolts, back off the two chain adjusters and then the axle should move forward and produce chain slack. If the axle doesn't move forward, give it a few taps with a hammer and a block of wood. Once you get to the point where the chain is too loose, slowly tighten the two chain adjusters (evenly) until the chain has reasonable slack and then tighten the four axle mounting bolts.

Good luck.

yozalo 06-25-2009 09:47 PM

It did have slack.

yozalo 07-01-2009 10:13 AM

Sorry, for the late reply. I forgot to take pictures of the busings and the axel. I did pu a review up for my giovanni. :lol: