ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Congrats to rjmorel on the Ironbutt! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16913)

Azhule 06-22-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmorel (Post 222147)
I tell them they should be glad we didn't do the 50cc iron butt. "What?? they say "do it on a 50cc motorbike?" Sounds harmless doesn't it? Nope , its a 50 hour........coast to coast....... iron butt ride, That's hard core. Maybe when I was a youngen, rj

ps DSchic, cramped throttle hand. I used a throttle lock cruise control thingy from Atlas throttle lock which saved my hand. Anything that allows you to keep throttle on when you take your hand off to flex muscles or scratch your nose is a great help.
http://www.atlasthrottlelock.com/

Thanks RJ, just what I needed... another $135 add on for the Mrs. $1,000 china bike :hehe:

** I've been looking for a nice "Throttle Lock" and that is the best one I have seen! ** :tup:

Dualsport Chic 06-22-2016 03:46 PM

Would have been money well spent to have that throttle lock for sure . . . hand is still aching!

Tiger12XC 06-22-2016 04:05 PM

Congrats RJ great to see you made it back safe those Iron Butt challenges are brutal. I drove from Las Vegas to Louisiana 1476 miles in 26.5 hours and it took a week to recover from that trip. Couldn't imagine doing it on a motorcycle.

BlackBike 06-22-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic (Post 222159)
Would have been money well spent to have that throttle lock for sure . . . hand is still aching!

Ice ice baby. Just smacked my top left hand on a fire hydrant , hematoma time.

Azhule 06-22-2016 04:25 PM

Have you looked into or tried Arnica Montana Gel yet? Arnica is a great herb/plant (if you don't have allergies to it of course :p)

I've been using Natrabio brand Arnica for a while

rjmorel 06-22-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic (Post 222159)

DSchic, were you with a group or soloing it? I just couldn't keep up with the bigger bikes an ended up solo most of the time. That was the only negative I had but it was kinda self-inflicted, :cry: rj

Dualsport Chic 06-23-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmorel (Post 222210)
DSchic, were you with a group or soloing it? I just couldn't keep up with the bigger bikes an ended up solo most of the time. That was the only negative I had but it was kinda self-inflicted, :cry: rj

I had a friend follow me in her car from the start to about the 100 mile mark, then met up with a fellow female rider at gas stop #2 who has multiple IBA certs. She rode with me to within 100 miles of the finish. She was my coach and trainer for the day and I am eternally grateful to her for 'paying it forward' to another budding IBA member.

:thanks: Minna Case - YOU ROCK!

BlackBike 06-23-2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic (Post 222286)
I had a friend follow me in her car from the start to about the 100 mile mark, then met up with a fellow female rider at gas stop #2 who has multiple IBA certs. She rode with me to within 100 miles of the finish. She was my coach and trainer for the day and I am eternally grateful to her for 'paying it forward' to another budding IBA member.

:thanks: Minna Case - YOU ROCK!

Wow, great support from great friends

BlackBike 06-23-2016 09:55 PM

One last thing... Lazy Butt 1000

BlackBike completed the Lazy Butt 1000. This is my 1000th post. Fingers a little sore and ran the battery down several times on my tablet and went over my 5 gb limit several months in a row but all and all, I had fun :lmao:

Thanks for your support :hi:

rjmorel 06-24-2016 12:56 AM

Wow BlackBike You've gone twice as far as I have.:tup: Congratulations on your Lazy Butt 1000, :clap: Hope the fingers pull through. Be careful about going over your limit , they will disqualify you for that. Your an inspiration to us all. Did you solo it or have other typers go along with you? Did you use a lazy boy seat or a kitchen table kind? :tup: rj

Azhule 06-24-2016 02:11 AM

But don't you need to "send your $40 to China Riders.net" before getting your official Lazy Butt 1000 badge :p :hehe:

mckayprod 06-25-2016 12:00 AM

Congrats, RJ, your IBA award is well-earned. It isn't the bike, it's the rider. I hope to get an SS1000 this year on my RX-3. It helps to finish a ride like that at home...unfamiliar roads are scary when you're sleep deprived.

BlackBike 06-25-2016 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmorel (Post 222346)
Wow BlackBike You've gone twice as far as I have.:tup: Congratulations on your Lazy Butt 1000, :clap: Hope the fingers pull through. Be careful about going over your limit , they will disqualify you for that. Your an inspiration to us all. Did you solo it or have other typers go along with you? Did you use a lazy boy seat or a kitchen table kind? :tup: rj

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhule (Post 222351)
But don't you need to "send your $40 to China Riders.net" before getting your official Lazy Butt 1000 badge :p :hehe:

:tdown:

rjmorel 06-25-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckayprod (Post 222479)
Congrats, RJ, your IBA award is well-earned. It isn't the bike, it's the rider. I hope to get an SS1000 this year on my RX-3. It helps to finish a ride like that at home...unfamiliar roads are scary when you're sleep deprived.

Thanks, mckayprod, let us know when and how your ss1000 goes. It does broaden your life experiences. Till then , read up all you can about it . Lots of good info out there that will make it a fun experience, rj

SpudRider 06-27-2016 05:01 AM

Congratulations on your IBA award while riding the RX3, Rob. :tup: