ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   BD125-2 "Boomcat" (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24065)

Rangerscott 04-11-2020 08:51 PM

Found the best price here.

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/22422

Look at the order 1 price, not the red price. It still pulls up at $769 price. Shipping is $200.

Shmerlin 04-26-2020 11:02 PM

Got the bike, happy with it, gets up to sustained 50mph for me on side roads. Only problem I have had is the rear turn signal mounts were over tightened and a have cracked. The signals themselves work fine, but the right side rear dangles loose and i've had to MacGyver it into place. Also, the tax offices are closed right now so I'm not able to register it and ride it fully legal. LOL. That being said, I've already got my eye out for a bigger bike, but for now this will do.

superduder 04-27-2020 03:30 AM

Alright, Placed the order...
I am now $1100 poorer and hopefully soon one bike richer.
We'll see how this goes,
The panda left some pretty big shoes to fill (for a mini trail).

Rangerscott 04-28-2020 12:39 AM

I plan on getting this, swapping in the zs190 I have in box and also getting that red 250cc cafe bike.

maloburro 04-28-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superduder (Post 335205)
Alright, Placed the order...
I am now $1100 poorer and hopefully soon one bike richer.
We'll see how this goes,
The panda left some pretty big shoes to fill (for a mini trail).

Hey Superduder, where did you get yours at?

I am really interested in these as well. Not much YouTube footage on these.

Keep us posted, thanks.

maloburro 04-28-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shmerlin (Post 335195)
Got the bike, happy with it, gets up to sustained 50mph for me on side roads. Only problem I have had is the rear turn signal mounts were over tightened and a have cracked. The signals themselves work fine, but the right side rear dangles loose and i've had to MacGyver it into place. Also, the tax offices are closed right now so I'm not able to register it and ride it fully legal. LOL. That being said, I've already got my eye out for a bigger bike, but for now this will do.

Any other feedback since you've had it a few days now? I've been looking for something like a trail bike for the back of an RV.

culcune 04-28-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 335300)
I plan on getting this, swapping in the zs190 I have in box and also getting that red 250cc cafe bike.

Months back, I stopped in at Kronik Racing, and we discussed a 190 swap into a Boomcat, and he said there is not enough clearance, unlike the Vaders, for such a swap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maloburro (Post 335351)
Any other feedback since you've had it a few days now? I've been looking for something like a trail bike for the back of an RV.

Try Kronik Racing. Pete is a standup guy, and his prices are very competitive. He has both the Boomcat and the CT70 clone.
https://www.kronikracing.com/Scooters.html

Shmerlin 04-29-2020 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maloburro (Post 335351)

I'm still enjoying it, I've only put around 50 miles on it just using some of the smaller neighborhood roads as I still can't take it out on main streets with the DMV's being closed.

Some of the things that I have noticed about the bike is that while the engine is pretty quiet, the bike does rattle depending on how much throttle its being given and the rear shocks are squeaky. I haven't been able to run down exactly what is causing the rattling yet but I am determined.

I don't know that I would recommend this as a Daily Commuter bike for anyone that has to travel on roads with higher speeds. My main stretch to get to work has a speed limit of 50mph, but most people are traveling go at least 60-65mph. Not being able to keep up with traffic on that road would likely not be the safest thing in the world. That being said, anything that is 40-45mph or less would probably be ok.

One additional thing I do like about the bike is that it is really light, its easy enough to pick up and swing around the rear end if I need to. Also, the bike has a regular kick stand and a mechanic stand, which makes storing it a little bit easier (for me at least) in our garage. I'll try to post some pictures or videos up later

I will fully admit, I haven't had as much time to run down the issues on the bike as I'd like because work has been a little crazy. I still want to take it to an actual mechanic to give it a once over just to be on the safe side.

culcune 04-29-2020 04:59 AM

Rattling on the Chinese dual-sports tends to be from the exhaust heat shield. I would start there. It usually sounds worse than it is.

superduder 04-29-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maloburro (Post 335350)
Hey Superduder, where did you get yours at?

I am really interested in these as well. Not much YouTube footage on these.

Keep us posted, thanks.

Ordered from Kronik, Who apparently sold out of them, and refunded me.
Thanks Pete!
So back to my banishment to Craigslist I guess.
Still gonna get one once they're back in stock though.
Later Y'all,
Duder

Shmerlin 04-29-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 335424)
Rattling on the Chinese dual-sports tends to be from the exhaust heat shield. I would start there. It usually sounds worse than it is.

Most of the noise seems to be coming from the front fork/handle bar area and the gas tank mount. The rear isn't too bad, just a little squeaky with my fat self on the shock absorbers LOL.

culcune 04-29-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shmerlin (Post 335501)
Most of the noise seems to be coming from the front fork/handle bar area and the gas tank mount. The rear isn't too bad, just a little squeaky with my fat self on the shock absorbers LOL.

Think of the noises as 'character'. Our old joke went something along the line of a bumper sticker we had for sale here. It was very witty and was along the line of "Chinese motorcycle...if you find parts on the road, please return..." The sticker was a LOT funnier :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by superduder (Post 335461)
Ordered from Kronik, Who apparently sold out of them, and refunded me.
Thanks Pete!
So back to my banishment to Craigslist I guess.
Still gonna get one once they're back in stock though.
Later Y'all,
Duder

Sorry to hear...COVID has really kickstarted Chinese motorcycle sales to unprecedented levels. I do understand there are still Icebear CT70 replicas available, but those are selling out. The last one in red sold out the other day.

Shmerlin 05-07-2020 11:06 AM

I did a quick review of the bike here https://youtu.be/Otve9eAPZFo here.

Rangerscott 05-07-2020 06:32 PM

Gonna need you to give me some measurement s if you dont mind.

Shmerlin 05-08-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 336448)
Gonna need you to give me some measurement s if you dont mind.

What do you need?