ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   New Coolster 150-DX2. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18150)

07PSDCREW 02-10-2017 08:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So everyone says to flip the rear tires from one side to the other? I Meashured backspacing on my rims and apparently I got rims with 0 offset since they are equal inside and out, I.E.: no gain in swapping them.

Had a nice dumping of snow yesterday, tried to keep my trails open but failed since we got 16" of snow and already had a 6-8" frozen base. Now it's too deep to ride.

FLASHLIGHTBOY 02-13-2017 04:17 PM

axle spread

Hello....if you want a wider spread... you can buy adapterto give you more spread... 2 of them for about $40-$50.00 or longer axle bolts to act like spacers... see my post and cheack ebay... the adapters would work better and stronger for the larger quads... more stazible...

ckangaroo70 02-16-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07PSDCREW (Post 242878)
So everyone says to flip the rear tires from one side to the other? I Meashured backspacing on my rims and apparently I got rims with 0 offset since they are equal inside and out, I.E.: no gain in swapping them.

Had a nice dumping of snow yesterday, tried to keep my trails open but failed since we got 16" of snow and already had a 6-8" frozen base. Now it's too deep to ride.

Cool photos, but dang that looks like some cold riding.:) Burrrr!

Ak 02-16-2017 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, do you happen to have assembly instructions for the coolster 150? All I got from the dealer (powersportsmax) is a safety DVD and no instructions whatsoever but I have a bag with about 50 bolts/washers/nuts of various sizes and I'm not sure which goes where. The dealer is supposed to be emailing me instructions but they're taking their time. First they sent me a YouTube video of some guy starting his atv for the first time which obviously has nothing to do with assembly. Please let me know, I will try to go out there again and attempt putting things together. Thx.

JerryHawk250 02-16-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ak (Post 243379)
Hi, do you happen to have assembly instructions for the coolster 150? All I got from the dealer (powersportsmax) is a safety DVD and no instructions whatsoever but I have a bag with about 50 bolts/washers/nuts of various sizes and I'm not sure which goes where. The dealer is supposed to be emailing me instructions but they're taking their time. First they sent me a YouTube video of some guy starting his atv for the first time which obviously has nothing to do with assembly. Please let me know, I will try to go out there again and attempt putting things together. Thx.

I have it in PDF format somewhere. PM me your email address and i'll send it to you if I can find it.

Swampy 02-16-2017 12:15 PM

Instructions………

I received none with my two quads either. Seemed a little intimidating till I laid all the parts/pieces/nut/bolts out and started on the front or the quad. Went together a lot easier than I thought it would and there really weren’t any issues. Give it a whirl and I bet you will surprise yourself.

07PSDCREW 02-26-2017 07:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I'm sorry I didn't reply on the instructions. I don't get any notifications for this site. And yeah, I just guessed as to what goes where. There was some stuff left over as well.

Today I made my hitch for my coolster. The angle iron trick couldn't really work for mine as the swingarm has angle gussets in the way. I ended up using a
3"x10"X 1/4" flat plate and 5/16"x2.5"x4" stainless U-bolts. I bought the Coleman ATV hitch from Tractor supply. I tried it out today with good results. It has a little down slope to it but no big deal.

07PSDCREW 03-20-2017 11:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A lot has happened lately! Got another new Coolster. We now have 4 of them. I Got wheel spacers for my rear wheels to widen the track a bit. Mine didn't come with offset wheels but the new one-my wife's- did. I can't stand the black rims. I've looked high and low on Amazon etc for new rims and then my youngest daughter suggested painting them. Hey- that works. Soon, hopefully the snow will go away as we just got dumped on over 15" .... I mean seriously it was all melted away and I was doing minor yard work already and then BAM! The pic with my wife was the weekend before, sunny and 65 and then 10-20 degrees and blizzard with 15+" the following weekend.

Swampy 03-21-2017 10:51 AM

Family that rides together.......

Congrats on the stable. I bet the second one went together pretty quick.

zackattack91 03-21-2017 10:56 AM

Where did you find the spacers ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by 07PSDCREW (Post 247982)
A lot has happened lately! Got another new Coolster. We now have 4 of them. I Got wheel spacers for my rear wheels to widen the track a bit. Mine didn't come with offset wheels but the new one-my wife's- did. I can't stand the black rims. I've looked high and low on Amazon etc for new rims and then my youngest daughter suggested painting them. Hey- that works. Soon, hopefully the snow will go away as we just got dumped on over 15" .... I mean seriously it was all melted away and I was doing minor yard work already and then BAM! The pic with my wife was the weekend before, sunny and 65 and then 10-20 degrees and blizzard with 15+" the following weekend.

07PSDCREW 03-21-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zackattack91 (Post 248031)
Where did you find the spacers ?

They are all over the internet.... but for my particular one... google "FS-201 Spacer". That should give you a start. Be careful though because I found on the Amazon listing that shows up....if you change to a 1.5" spacer, it changes the bolt pattern to a 4x144 which you want a 4x110 for your 150dx2

zackattack91 03-26-2017 10:41 AM

Thanks