ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   JerryHawk250's Lifan KPX250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31083)

TominMO 08-29-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 383224)
Same place just about on every other bike, left hand side near the shifter.

Oh, got it. Chrome cap. Never noticed it before!

Thumper 08-30-2022 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 383226)
Oh, got it. Chrome cap. Never noticed it before!

I would like come by to see your bike, but it is a 3+ hour drive to DeSoto for me !

TominMO 08-30-2022 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 383261)
I would like come by to see your bike, but it is a 3+ hour drive to DeSoto for me !

Buy your own and you can look at it every day! :tup:

Thumper 08-30-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 383262)
Buy your own and you can look at it every day! :tup:

Got two new motorcycles already :lmao:
But I am so busy, just assembling the new Temp X is going to take a couple more weeks! That's OK, because PSM is sending a new front wheel and a horn. I want some extra time to go over everything anyway- got the carb our yesterday (the same polished smoothbore that came with the first!).

The horn was faulty, and the right front seal housing on the hub was cracked. Replacements on the way, no problem. PSM is a good vendor!

JerryHawk250 08-31-2022 11:08 AM

Here's my ride report for the Month of August. I somehow managed to put a whole 63 miles on the KPX and 86 miles on my Vulcan S. I think I had 4 days that i was able to take the bikes out. One of those days I got soaked riding home from work. I should of bought a boat instead because the rain looks like it's not ending soon.
I'm a little pissed because today would be a perfect day to ride with no rain. I got some kind of internal ear infection over the weekend which is throwing my balance off. Makes it kind of dangerous to even drive my truck. Caught myself going on the shoulder a couple of times the past few days. My ear feels a little better today and tomorrow looks like another nice day to ride so I may ride it tomorrow before the rains come back on Friday and all next week. Any of you that are in a drought are more than welcome to take some of the rain free of charge. :hehe:

culcune 08-31-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 383344)
Any of you that are in a drought are more than welcome to take some of the rain free of charge. :hehe:

It would shut up a whole bunch of people; not to mention, the mafia could breathe a sigh of relief considering they keep finding those who were 'swimming with da fishes...'

JerryHawk250 08-31-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 383348)
It would shut up a whole bunch of people; not to mention, the mafia could breathe a sigh of relief considering they keep finding those who were 'swimming with da fishes...'

I shouldn't complain. It's only rained twice this summer. Once for 47 days then again for another 32 days. :lmao:

kyle 08-31-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 383344)
Here's my ride report for the Month of August. I somehow managed to put a whole 63 miles on the KPX and 86 miles on my Vulcan S. I think I had 4 days that i was able to take the bikes out. One of those days I got soaked riding home from work. I should of bought a boat instead because the rain looks like it's not ending soon.
I'm a little pissed because today would be a perfect day to ride with no rain. I got some kind of internal ear infection over the weekend which is throwing my balance off. Makes it kind of dangerous to even drive my truck. Caught myself going on the shoulder a couple of times the past few days. My ear feels a little better today and tomorrow looks like another nice day to ride so I may ride it tomorrow before the rains come back on Friday and all next week. Any of you that are in a drought are more than welcome to take some of the rain free of charge. :hehe:

In our group of 5, I believe I've done 220 miles, 1 other has done about 100 miles.. another 30 or so.. and the other two haven't' really ridden their bikes in the three weeks we've had them :P
Hopefully we can turn that around in the fall and ride much more.

JerryHawk250 08-31-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle (Post 383351)
In our group of 5, I believe I've done 220 miles, 1 other has done about 100 miles.. another 30 or so.. and the other two haven't' really ridden their bikes in the three weeks we've had them :P
Hopefully we can turn that around in the fall and ride much more.

Oh I'm sure by the middle of September these cool fronts will start coming through and clears things up I'll catch up on my riding therapy. lol It's just frustrating having a new bike and not being able to ride. I have a total of 238 miles on mine. Labor ay weekend looks like a wash. We were planning on going do some off road riding. It's the new bike curse. Same happened when I bought my Vulcan S , Venom Ghost and Venom X22R.

Sport Rider 08-31-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 383353)
Oh I'm sure by the middle of September these cool fronts will start coming through and clears things up I'll catch up on my riding therapy. lol It's just frustrating having a new bike and not being able to ride. I have a total of 238 miles on mine. Labor ay weekend looks like a wash. We were planning on going do some off road riding. It's the new bike curse. Same happened when I bought my Vulcan S , Venom Ghost and Venom X22R.

since when has rain or mud stopped an off-road bike? :p

JerryHawk250 08-31-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 383355)
since when has rain or mud stopped an off-road bike? :p

True but it's riding back and forth to work is the issue. lol Our weekends have been pretty busy so really haven't found the time to head out to go off roading. I guess I need to start making time.

Credzbpt1 08-31-2022 11:23 PM

Soon to be Kpx250 owner

Just pulled the trigger on the Kpx 250 I've never rode before and I'm excited .....to say the least.

TominMO 08-31-2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Credzbpt1 (Post 383380)
Just pulled the trigger on the Kpx 250 I've never rode before and I'm excited .....to say the least.

You're off to a great start! :tup:

JerryHawk250 09-01-2022 07:29 AM

Quote:

Congrats on the new bike. :tup: Enjoy the ride.

kyle 09-01-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Great choice! This place is becoming a wealth of information on the KPX. Also check out kpx250.com and we have a facebook group too. It's a great first bike to learn on, and to learn some basic wrenching skills!