ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar X 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30518)

Thumper 06-14-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huck369 (Post 378848)
OK, who all has gotten theirs insured, and who insured it? I'm having trouble with my carrier (Kentucky Farm Bureau ) but they have just started insuring motorcycles....used to use Dairyland, but they are not wanting to insure it either...

Geico insured mine. The website did not work because the brand and VIN are unavailable. But I have an existing account with three bikes on it with Geico. I added it by calling the number the website told me to when it failed. It cost $35 to add it (annual premium, liability only). But as I said, I have an existing account, and I have no claims.

Thumper 06-14-2022 10:57 AM

You might scan the MCO and bill of sale and offer to email it to them.

JerryHawk250 06-14-2022 11:11 AM

Geico is who i use. I had the same situation on my Venom Ghost. I emailed them a copy of the MCO and added the bike at no extra cost. I had three bikes with them already. I guess they figured i can't ride all three at the same time. lol

Okierider 06-14-2022 11:45 AM

Progressive via USAA

Blueridge boyieee 06-15-2022 06:13 AM

Morning, I received my bike yesterday from Amazon. I hit one snag I’m hoping you can help with, missing the bolt for the shock linkage U-bar. Was the bolt installed on your bike? Did it come in the packaging?

The missing bolt was reported to motion-pro, I’m waiting on the response. In the meantime I’ll hunt for a bolt after work.

Thanks

Huck369 06-15-2022 07:20 AM

Finally got my insurance worked out, and thru Farm Bureau...crazy cheap too, added $17 to my 6 month bill (already had 2 bikes on it)
So had to ride it to be inspected, and will definitely need to be geared higher if doing much road riding...glad I ordered the 42 Tooth Sprocket....now I just need to install it.
The front brake really needs to be bled, has VERY little stopping power....and one of the screws in the reservoir was stuck, and striped out (and I was using an impact driver) so I have to deal with that before I can get it bled.
But I'm impressed with it over all, way more bike than the $1,980.00 to my door price let's on..

JerryHawk250 06-15-2022 07:31 AM

Sweet! :tup:

Clean those brake rotors and pads up with some brake cleaner to get that oily shipping film off. Brakes will work much better.

Thumper 06-15-2022 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huck369 (Post 378875)
Finally got my insurance worked out, and thru Farm Bureau...crazy cheap too, added $17 to my 6 month bill (already had 2 bikes on it)
So had to ride it to be inspected, and will definitely need to be geared higher if doing much road riding...glad I ordered the 42 Tooth Sprocket....now I just need to install it.
The front brake really needs to be bled, has VERY little stopping power....and one of the screws in the reservoir was stuck, and striped out (and I was using an impact driver) so I have to deal with that before I can get it bled.
But I'm impressed with it over all, way more bike than the $1,980.00 to my door price let's on..

My brakes (especially the front) need cleaning. I will have to remove and clean the brake shoes as well.

I had to remove a link from the chain since rear axel was near end of adjustment slot. Now I need to remove another one after ~40 miles running. You will have LOTS of chain to work with when you drop to a 42! It is like 5 feet long. I am going to wait for a while before I make any changes. I run it 90% offroad anyway.

I found one stripped (overtightened) bolt on the front sprocket cover (the lower one) when I removed the sprocket cover. Actually both upper and lower were overtightened, so whoever was installing that had too much coffee or something ;)
The threads from the block came out with the bolt on the lower one! I will need to helicoil it or tap new threads. I am not sure how much case I have to work with there.

Okierider 06-15-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 378878)
My brakes (especially the front) need cleaning. I will have to remove and clean the brake shoes as well.

I had to remove a link from the chain since rear axel was near end of adjustment slot. Now I need to remove another one after ~40 miles running. You will have LOTS of chain to work with when you drop to a 42! It is like 5 feet long. I am going to wait for a while before I make any changes. I run it 90% offroad anyway.

I found one stripped (overtightened) bolt on the front sprocket cover (the lower one) when I removed the sprocket cover. Actually both upper and lower were overtightened, so whoever was installing that had too much coffee or something ;)
The threads from the block came out with the bolt on the lower one! I will need to helicoil it or tap new threads. I am not sure how much case I have to work with there.

Dude THAT SUCKS!!!
My condolences brah

Nutcracker 06-15-2022 04:51 PM

Received another one. Got the color requested. I guess orange is not popular.

How are you going about amending the MSO? Email them and asking for it to say motorcycle? May not need to I'm reading where most are receiving a very simple motorcycle MSO.

I thought I got a deal on Insurance. Had no idea it would be so cheap. Into got Progressive they USAA. $72 for a full year..

Added some nice spot lights flashing and amber beams. Size is small and light weight. Mounted just above my front blinker on each side. Can't figure out how to post pictures here.. Will attach a link...

Limited-time deal: Nilight 2PCS 4Inch 60W LED Pods Spot Flood Amber White Light Bar Strobe 6 Modes Memory Function Off-Road Truck Car ATV SUV Cabin Boat with 16AWG Wiring Harness Kit-2 Lead, 2 Years Warranty https://a.co/d/efHBPXl

Okierider 06-15-2022 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutcracker (Post 378922)
Received another one. Got the color requested. I guess orange is not popular.

How are you going about amending the MSO? Email them and asking for it to say motorcycle? May not need to I'm reading where most are receiving a very simple motorcycle MSO.

I just asked politely.
I purchased through Amazon and contacted them (X-Pro) there.
Had it about a week later

Huck369 06-17-2022 06:55 AM

Installed my 42 tooth sprocket last night, shortened the chain, cleaned my rotors, but still not good brakes, so still need to bleed them, the front especially. I also made a heavier Skid Plate out of some 3/16" Aluminum....may design a better one eventually. But I really like the bike, should have bought a good X-ring chain, but will when this wears out, I'll get one for it

Blueridge boyieee 06-17-2022 07:14 PM

Quick update, used Amazon message to ask Moto-Pro for the bolt and they’re sending all the rear linkage hardware, very cool. In the meantime I bought a bolt and I’m good to go. One last valve check and oil change and hopefully running tomorrow.

Sorry for the needy post, wanted to get the bike on the ground after the front end was done.

The chain is still a bit off, the guide needs to be modified and it looks like it could use a few mm off the right spacer and a the same added to the left. But it should work well enough as is.

The carb is sweet, thanks Thumper. I’m using your 125/45 deal.

Carlos420 06-17-2022 11:23 PM

https://youtube.com/shorts/mctX17fKBYM?feature=share

Hey guys I just made few post on the templar X and am goina try to make more try follow guys thanks

Thumper 06-17-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueridge boyieee (Post 379073)
Quick update, used Amazon message to ask Moto-Pro for the bolt and they’re sending all the rear linkage hardware, very cool. In the meantime I bought a bolt and I’m good to go. One last valve check and oil change and hopefully running tomorrow.

Sorry for the needy post, wanted to get the bike on the ground after the front end was done.

The chain is still a bit off, the guide needs to be modified and it looks like it could use a few mm off the right spacer and a the same added to the left. But it should work well enough as is.

The carb is sweet, thanks Thumper. I’m using your 125/45 deal.

The heat is on here in KC, and that 45 pilot at 850 ft above sea level means no choke needed to start. Amazing.