ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Vulcan S 650 or Vulcan 900 Custom? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29840)

JerryHawk250 10-28-2021 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 368212)
LOL! Yah right! We know you WAY better than that Jerry!

Well, that's what my wife tells me any way. :lmao:

herbie 10-28-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368217)
Well, that's what my wife tells me any way. :lmao:

Sounds like my wife has a sister :lmao:

Just remind her it’s an investment! :tup:

JerryHawk250 10-28-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368223)
Sounds like my wife has a sister :lmao:

Just remind her it’s an investment! :tup:

My wife told me last night that she wants to ride with me on this bike. I can't get her to ride on the Hawk or the Ghost. I didn't tell her it doesn't have a passenger seat. :hehe: Oh well, Looks like I'll have to spend some money on accessories already. :ohno:

tknj99 10-28-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368224)
My wife told me last night that she wants to ride with me on this bike. I can't get her to ride on the Hawk or the Ghost. I didn't tell her it doesn't have a passenger seat. :hehe: Oh well, Looks like I'll have to spend some money on accessories already. :ohno:

My wife said the same thing to me in the past as well when i had a Honda Fury chopper.. so i bought a low sissy bar and sadly made holes in the rear fender (a permanent mod) and then she wound up riding with me once or twice >:(

JerryHawk250 10-28-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknj99 (Post 368231)
My wife said the same thing to me in the past as well when i had a Honda Fury chopper.. so i bought a low sissy bar and sadly made holes in the rear fender (a permanent mod) and then she wound up riding with me once or twice >:(

Oh, I'm sure the same thing will happen to me. At least my daughter will ride with me every once and a while. I want my daughter to learn how drive the Ghost so we can ride together.

J4Fun 10-28-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368232)
Oh, I'm sure the same thing will happen to me. At least my daughter will ride with me every once and a while. I want my daughter to learn how drive the Ghost so we can ride together.

Your goodness shows, JerryHawk! I too would like my children and grandchildren to experience the fun that we enjoy :) Hope your safe with this wild weather and get that bike you're thinking of:tup:

JerryHawk250 10-29-2021 08:28 AM

Well today is the day. I'll heading out shortly to start my long day. First i have to pick up a motorcycle trailer from UHaul. They don't open till 9am, otherwise i would be on my way already. I have a 1 1/2 hour drive to the Credit Union to sign paperwork and get check, Then another hour to the dealer to finish the process and load the bike on the trailer. I want to have someone bring me so I could dive it home on the beautiful day. The round trip is going to be a 5 to 6 hour trip. I saw today that my local dealer got a Vulcan S in yesterday. Glad i didn't wait around for it because the color scheme is ugly. lol It was a base model and would of costed me more anyway. I'll gladly make the trip. ;)

herbie 10-29-2021 10:37 AM

I’m getting excited, I love new motorcycle day! :clap:

Emerikol 10-29-2021 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368189)
This should be my last bike for a long time. I also plan on keeping the Hawk for a long time as well.

http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1635541452

JerryHawk250 10-29-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerikol (Post 368291)

Well it's was 12 months last week since I bought my last bike. :lmao: I'm good for another 12. :tup:

JerryHawk250 10-29-2021 08:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I got home kind of late so didn't get to take a long ride. But the short ride was a blast. I'm still grinning ear to ear. Bike look much better than the pictures. She's so smooth and comfortable. Took me a few times to get use to the forward pegs. I missed the pegs the first few take offs. :lmao: Definitely has more than enough hp . Engine brake is ridiculous but didn't take long to get use to it. The blue is not as bright as it is in the picture. It has a more greyish tint to it.

herbie 10-30-2021 07:55 AM

Beautiful bike Jerry!! :tup:

JerryHawk250 10-30-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368329)
Beautiful bike Jerry!! :tup:

Thanks, I think it is too. Lol she's got a twin sister at the dealership I could hook you up with. :hehe:
The salesman that sold me the bike was such a pleasure to deal with. When I had ailed him for the out the door price, within 10 or 15 minutes he emailed me back. He gave me a great deal . No extra fees like dealer prep and destination charges. He even topped off the tank with fuel and loaded the bike on the trailer for me. It was worth the long drive.

TominMO 10-30-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 367723)
I think Kawasaki failed at marketing on the 650 for not being a popular bike. Same engine as the Ninja and Versey 650. Lots of controllable power. You don't feel like it will get out of hand when giving it throttle. It took the curses effortlessly. The 650 would be a perfect beginners bike and you wouldn't out grow it as it's also a perfect intermediate riders bike as well. Or better yet a perfect bike for older guys like me that don't want to lug around a bike heavy bike. lol

Post #3: quote of the week.

JerryHawk250 10-30-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 368331)
Post #3: quote of the week.

:lmao: Damn autocorrect.

herbie 10-30-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368330)
Thanks, I think it is too. Lol she's got a twin sister at the dealership I could hook you up with. :hehe:
The salesman that sold me the bike was such a pleasure to deal with. When I had ailed him for the out the door price, within 10 or 15 minutes he emailed me back. He gave me a great deal . No extra fees like dealer prep and destination charges. He even topped off the tank with fuel and loaded the bike on the trailer for me. It was worth the long drive.

Don’t tempt me, I may take you up on it! I had a 2014 Kawasaki Versys 650 and I think it had my favorite engine as far as fun explosive power. I didn’t have much wear on that front tire :lmao:

JerryHawk250 10-31-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368335)
Don’t tempt me, I may take you up on it! I had a 2014 Kawasaki Versys 650 and I think it had my favorite engine as far as fun explosive power. I didn’t have much wear on that front tire :lmao:

Come on, you know you want one. Lol. Oh yeah, it doesn't take much throttle to get it moving. I'm going take her out for a long ride today. It was killing me yesterday letting her sit in the shed for the day. Had other obligations yesterday that couldn't be cancelled.

herbie 10-31-2021 01:43 PM

Hopefully it's a nice day there, it's cold and cloudy today here. Enjoy your ride! Your going to like it's cruising capabilities I bet.

JerryHawk250 10-31-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368388)
Hopefully it's a nice day there, it's cold and cloudy today here. Enjoy your ride! Your going to like it's cruising capabilities I bet.

It's a gorgeous day. Temperatures were in the mid 60's, sunny and clear. I had to come into work for a few hours but will be heading out for another ride. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK756MB17C8

herbie 11-01-2021 04:43 AM

Aw, come on Jerry we love ya but we want to hear the Vulcan do some talking too! :D

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368423)
Aw, come on Jerry we love ya but we want to hear the Vulcan do some talking too! :D

Next video. Lucky i even posted this video. lol I was too busy enjoying the ride. :D I burned through my first tank of fuel yesterday. 53.6 mpg and not even broke in yet. This bike handles the twisties so well. It handle more like a sports bike with the comfort of a cruiser. I had to make a few minor adjustments to the position of the levers and handle bars. I took her out for another ride and feels even better. Only complaint i have is the position of the handle bar controls. I'll have to drill new holes in the bars to rotate them back a little. I could just wack the plastic pin off but rather not. Turn signals, passing light switch and start button are in an bad position for me. Not something i don't think I'll get use to.

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 09:51 AM

I ordered some Viking Saddle Bags yesterday. Got 20% off.
https://www.vikingbags.com/kawasaki-...BoCnPsQAvD_BwE

david3921 11-01-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368431)
Next video. Lucky i even posted this video. lol I was too busy enjoying the ride. :D I burned through my first tank of fuel yesterday. 53.6 mpg and not even broke in yet. This bike handles the twisties so well. It handle more like a sports bike with the comfort of a cruiser. I had to make a few minor adjustments to the position of the levers and handle bars. I took her out for another ride and feels even better. Only complaint i have is the position of the handle bar controls. I'll have to drill new holes in the bars to rotate them back a little. I could just wack the plastic pin off but rather not. Turn signals, passing light switch and start button are in an bad position for me. Not something i don't think I'll get use to.

Could you install risers and then rotate the handlebars? If it changes the pullback too much you could install offset ones.

herbie 11-01-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 368431)

You’ve got the best of both worlds, comfort and holy cow hold on… :tup:
Mini apes would do the trick I think :hmm:

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368445)
You’ve got the best of both worlds, comfort and holy cow hold on… :tup:
Mini apes would do the trick I think :hmm:

You're right about the "holy cow, Hold on" I was merging onto the interstate yesterday and before I knew it I was doing 85mph with hardly any throttle. I'm going to play around with the handle bars some more. Setting them a little farther back might help and still be comfortable. If not, I'll break out the drill and reposition the holes for the controls. I also order grip-ons for the handlebar grips. I need to fatten them up for my big hands.

herbie 11-01-2021 04:45 PM

I like fat grips myself, I have a set of grip puppies slid over the stock grips on my DR and it’s perfect

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368465)
I like fat grips myself, I have a set of grip puppies slid over the stock grips on my DR and it’s perfect

I've put them on every bike. Better feel and cuts down on vibration. I think the stock grips are made for the girly man hands. :lmao:

JerryHawk250 11-01-2021 10:55 PM

I adjusted the handlebars back a little farther. Now the controls are perfect and handlebar position is comfortable as well. :tup:

JerryHawk250 11-02-2021 08:57 AM

I replaced the stock light bulb with a LED bulb last night. Even though the stock bulb was bright compared to what usually comes on motorcycles I still replaced since i already had one handy that i ordered a while back. All I can say is Wow! this bulb is super bright. I'll definitely be seen during the daylight.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BC4G48W...roduct_details

2LZ 11-02-2021 12:04 PM

I simply LOVE blinging up a new bike! It's half the fun!

herbie 11-02-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 368508)
I simply LOVE blinging up a new bike! It's half the fun!

Absolutely true! Sometimes I overspend on the bling though. Hello my name is Herbie and I have a motorcycle obsession, I feel better now :lmao:

JerryHawk250 11-02-2021 01:47 PM

I'm trying to control myself on spending on this bike but can't help myself. I just ordered the crash bars. :ohno: Hi, my name is Jerry and I have a motorcycle addiction.

herbie 11-02-2021 02:33 PM

:lmao::clap::lmao:

TxTaoRider 11-02-2021 04:11 PM

What's important is have you named her yet?

JerryHawk250 11-02-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxTaoRider (Post 368522)
What's important is have you named her yet?

I was never one to name a bike. That would be like naming a cow that you are going to slaughter eventually. I don't want to get too attached in case i like something better later on. :lmao:

JerryHawk250 11-04-2021 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the saddlebags installed last night. Easy install. I'll install the alarm tonight. Crash bars are on there way. The dealer ordered the extended reach seat for me yesterday at no extra cost to me. I felt like i needed to scoot back about an inch. I also found out that the extended reach seat has a gel pad seat so it will be even more comfortable.

herbie 11-05-2021 04:47 AM

Those bags flow perfectly with the lines of the bike. Looks like they have plenty of storage too.

JerryHawk250 11-05-2021 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 368618)
Those bags flow perfectly with the lines of the bike. Looks like they have plenty of storage too.

Yes they do. That's what.i like about the Viking bag site. You can see exactly what they look like on your exact bike before you buy them. They do have plenty of storage space.

JerryHawk250 11-05-2021 07:33 AM

I installed the alarm last night but didn't connect the remote start feature. I'll have to figure out the wiring on the bike first. There's a hell of a lot more wires compared to the China bikes. lol I defiantly don't want to let the smoke out of the wires on this one. :hehe:
I took the bike into work this morning. It was a brisk 51* on the way in. Brrr! Nah, it wasn't that bad. I made sure i had on enough layers of clothes on.

herbie 11-05-2021 08:27 AM

Be sure and take notes in case I pick up a Vulcan :clap:
I love the color scheme, didn’t think I’d like it but I really do! If it just had an option to move the controls back I’d be sold. :hmm: