ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Registration Issues (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   States with Confirmed Hawk Registration (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17919)

Skeetrock 11-16-2017 11:15 AM

No problems whatsoever in Virginia. Walked in VA DMV with MCO and bill of sale, walked out with tags.

JerryHawk250 11-16-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeetrock (Post 269274)
No problems whatsoever in Virginia. Walked in VA DMV with MCO and bill of sale, walked out with tags.

Thanks for posting. I added Virginia to the list. :tup: And welcome to the forum. Lots of good info in the dual sport section. Warning this site can be hazardous to your wallet. :hehe:

FAT_NINJA 01-01-2018 05:22 PM

Hi new to the Form I just purchased a hawk 250 from q9 power sports
Hoping to get it in the next few weeks did the purchase on Friday and with it being a holiday the processing of the payment and what not hasn't gone through yet I live in Ohio and i will let you guys know how registering it goes just in case anything's Changed in the last couple of months I did see a post from another member saying he got his registered in Ohio March of 2017 so I don't think I will have any Issues but we'll see how it goes

JerryHawk250 01-03-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAT_NINJA (Post 271337)
Hi new to the Form I just purchased a hawk 250 from q9 power sports
Hoping to get it in the next few weeks did the purchase on Friday and with it being a holiday the processing of the payment and what not hasn't gone through yet I live in Ohio and i will let you guys know how registering it goes just in case anything's Changed in the last couple of months I did see a post from another member saying he got his registered in Ohio March of 2017 so I don't think I will have any Issues but we'll see how it goes

I think once it's in their system it makes it easy for future registrations. Good luck with the Hawk. No regrets from my purchase.

FAT_NINJA 01-04-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 271411)
I think once it's in their system it makes it easy for future registrations. Good luck with the Hawk. No regrets from my purchase.

Thanks hope to get it within the next week or so

FAT_NINJA 01-10-2018 12:58 PM

Ok got my hawk today And was wondering if anybody knows exactly where the Vin is at on the bike Hope to have it together this weekend And hopefully have it registered in Ohio next week or the following week
Just depends on how long it takes to get the bill of sale and the MCO from Q9 power sports

JerryHawk250 01-10-2018 01:27 PM

it will be stamped onto the side of the steering neck on the left hand side.

FAT_NINJA 01-10-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 271773)
it will be stamped onto the side of the steering neck on the left hand side.

Yeah I just got the owners manual out of the crate and it told me the Location I wasn't sure if it was gonna be different then the Suzuki ts 185 that I had But thank you for the information

Sir kayakalot 02-13-2018 01:05 PM

Nothing earth shattering to report as I've stated before that it's no problem to tag a Hawk in Arkansas, just wanted say it only cost $5.00 to re-new the tags, can't get much cheaper than that!

Goshawk 03-19-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 238377)
Lets see a list of States with confirmed Hawk registration and title. Please only post once stating what State and weather you had success or not and what was required. This tread will help other on making a decision with there purchase of a Hawk. So please do not post about anything else. Thanks in advance. I'll update the list as I receive the information. Just because your state is listed doesn't guarantee you will have the same success. Check with your local DMV before purchasing your Hawk.

1. Louisiana- Successful. - Notarized MCO , Bill of Sale & Odometer Disclosure Statement. Proof of Insurance.
2. Texas- Successful.
3. Georgia - Successful. - Varies from county to county, for more info http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....7&postcount=74. IMO the Vin Tag Helped
4. Alabama- Successful.
5. Michigan- Successful.
6. South Carolina- Successful.
7. Minnesota Successful. -MCO, BILL OF SALE, engine number
8. Oregon Successful.
9. Oklahoma- Successful. -
10. Florida- Successful - MCO and Bill of Sale
11. Vermont- Successful -Bill Of Sale or Invoice. MCO not needed
12. New York- Successful
13. New Hampshire- Successful - for more info http://chinariders.net/showpost.php?...97&postcount=1
14. North Carolina- Successful - MCO , Bill of Sale & Proof of Insurance.
15. Arizona- Successful -MCO, bill of sale, visual inspection at the Arizona Motor Vehicles Division
16. North Dakota- Successful - MCO and invoice with purchase price
17. Pennsylvania- Successful
18. North Carolina- Successful
19. Ohio- Successful
20. Arkansas- Successful
21. Nebraska- Successful
22. Wisconsin- Successful
23. Massachusetts- Successful
24. Illinois- Successful
25. Idaho- Successful
26. West Virginia- Successful
27. New Jersey- Successful
28. Tennessee- Successful
29. Washington- Successful
30. Virginia- Successful
31. Kansas- Successful

32. Maine - Successful (note, in Maine bikes can be registered via the local town office if they are authorised to do so. Mine was a used but unregistered bike and I just presented the cert. of origin, insurance binder and bill of sale. Walked out with a plate and a registration tag, but still had to get it annually inspected, as I would with any other bike.

WVHawk 03-21-2018 01:13 PM

Registered mine in WV with no issues. Just make sure the Certificate of Origin is complete with notary signature and bill of sale. WV charges 6% tax and title fees.

Meloman 03-21-2018 04:22 PM

Who registered in Oregon ?

Can you link me to the person who successfully registered the bike in Oregon. I didn’t see any post.

Meloman 03-21-2018 09:05 PM

Jerry, that link was to a guy in New Hampshire, I needed an Oregon person.

JerryHawk250 03-22-2018 09:47 AM

Sorry I gave you the wrong link. http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...ghlight=oregon

JoeH 03-26-2018 04:18 PM

I live in Maryland and I don't see anyone who can confirm that I will be able to register :( what do you all think? Should i still get the bike and cross my fingers or save my money for a more "name" branded bike??

JerryHawk250 03-26-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeH (Post 275771)
I live in Maryland and I don't see anyone who can confirm that I will be able to register :( what do you all think? Should i still get the bike and cross my fingers or save my money for a more "name" branded bike??

You will have to check with your DMV. Better yet check with one of the Auto Tag and title shop. Those guy's would probably be more help than the DMV since there in the business to making money. :)

JoeH 03-26-2018 05:01 PM

oke

Will do but if anyone else knows about Maryland registration lemme know please!

KS-Hawk 04-06-2018 06:44 PM

Kansas problem

1 Attachment(s)
well people today I went to register mine and because Kansas has now updated their systems for vehicle registration the bike is classified as a dirt bike only and cannot be Road legalized anymore.

So on that note would anybody like a 2017 with exhaust, carburetor, and intake modifications done to it. it has less than 300 miles on the bike I'll make a deal with anybody who wants it, I paid 1400 and it has almost another $300 worth of mods into it. I will sell it for $900 at the moment if you come and get it, I've had this bike for less than a month, and now can I use it for what I wanted it for.

JerryHawk250 04-09-2018 11:38 AM

Well that just sucks the big one. Seems like you could get it registered since others have already got there's registered. I would hit a few of the Title shops instead of the DMV. somebody might know how to get by it.

blanc12 04-17-2018 01:08 PM

Maine

Just got my plates in Maine. Now need to get it inspected.

egglocsta 04-24-2018 02:17 PM

Title and plates in Wisconsin was a breeze, just make sure they look up the Manufacturer and do not go by the make (RPS) on the MCO. Otherwise, in and out in a matter of minutes.

Bobby 05-06-2018 09:05 PM

I am thinking of getting a Hawk 250, but i am worried that i may have a problem registering it in NYS. Does anyone have any input or suggestions on this topic?

JerryHawk250 05-07-2018 08:14 AM

There are a few member that have registered there Hawk in NYS. Search through this thread and contact those members and see what they have done.

Laserrbeam 05-09-2018 07:24 PM

Successful registration in Utah!! Pair of Magicians ready for the Road. Just need your MCO, a VIN inspection, new title application and a credit card.

duder888 05-14-2018 10:43 AM

Anybody in here from Nebraska? I am thinking about purchasing a Hawk 250 and was wondering what your experience was on insuring and licensing one of these bikes. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Jeff Richardson 05-17-2018 07:53 PM

You can add Indiana to list.

Ntech25 05-23-2018 08:26 AM

Great post about this question I get asked a lot on hawk250.com =), would you mind if I reposted this on my blog?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 238377)
Lets see a list of States with confirmed Hawk registration and title. Please only post once stating what State and weather you had success or not and what was required. This tread will help other on making a decision with there purchase of a Hawk. So please do not post about anything else. Thanks in advance. I'll update the list as I receive the information. Just because your state is listed doesn't guarantee you will have the same success. Check with your local DMV before purchasing your Hawk.

1. Louisiana- Successful. - Notarized MCO , Bill of Sale & Odometer Disclosure Statement. Proof of Insurance.
2. Texas- Successful.
3. Georgia - Successful. - Varies from county to county, for more info http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....7&postcount=74. IMO the Vin Tag Helped
4. Alabama- Successful.
5. Michigan- Successful.
6. South Carolina- Successful.
7. Minnesota Successful. -MCO, BILL OF SALE, engine number
8. Oregon Successful.
9. Oklahoma- Successful. -
10. Florida- Successful - MCO and Bill of Sale
11. Vermont- Successful -Bill Of Sale or Invoice. MCO not needed
12. New York- Successful
13. New Hampshire- Successful - for more info http://chinariders.net/showpost.php?...97&postcount=1
14. North Carolina- Successful - MCO , Bill of Sale & Proof of Insurance.
15. Arizona- Successful -MCO, bill of sale, visual inspection at the Arizona Motor Vehicles Division
16. North Dakota- Successful - MCO and invoice with purchase price
17. Pennsylvania- Successful
18. North Carolina- Successful
19. Ohio- Successful
20. Arkansas- Successful
21. Nebraska- Successful
22. Wisconsin- Successful
23. Massachusetts- Successful
24. Illinois- Successful
25. Idaho- Successful
26. West Virginia- Successful
27. New Jersey- Successful
28. Tennessee- Successful
29. Washington- Successful
30. Virginia- Successful
31. Kansas- Successful
32. Maine - Successful
33. Indiana- Successful

JerryHawk250 05-23-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntech25 (Post 280876)
Great post about this question I get asked a lot on hawk250.com =), would you mind if I reposted this on my blog?

Thanks

I have no problem with it. :tup: I do need to put them in alphabetical order. I was adding them as I go.

BK201 06-09-2018 06:48 AM

Needing help with everything

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 280878)
I have no problem with it. :tup: I do need to put them in alphabetical order. I was adding them as I go.

is the hawk still capable of easily being registered in NC? im not new to riding since i ride dirt bikes but ill be a new on road rider and be using the hawk to also get my endorsement. but before i even buy one i want to be 100% sure that this bike can be registered and tgged in my home state. i have had trouble finding the info and the hawk is very attractive to me as a dirt bike rider for the price and reputation of them ive seen online. but all info i find is from 2015 and not sure if the laws have changed on them. i was gonna get a honda crf250l but tumbled across the beautiful clone of the crf230l that you all love dearly and for an absurdly cheap price so i joined the forum to get more info. so please give me some insight of how hard it will be if i order from TXPOWERSPORTS to register it here and will i get all the neccesary paperwork to get it tagged and registered from the day i get it out of the crate. all these guys getting it out of excitement only to find out they cant even register it for the road is very discouraging to me purchasing it.

mlevites 06-25-2018 01:56 PM

Any luck with registration in Kentucky?

I'm looking to purchase a Hawk 250 - But I wanted to check and see if was legal in KY first.

Regards,
Mike

JerryHawk250 06-25-2018 02:17 PM

I'm sure someone will chime in if they have. Or you will need to check with your DMV specifically about the Haosen HS250Y-A Hawk. Just because someone has registered one doesn't always mean you will be able to. Rules change often with the DMV.

espo13 06-25-2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duder888 (Post 279977)
Anybody in here from Nebraska? I am thinking about purchasing a Hawk 250 and was wondering what your experience was on insuring and licensing one of these bikes. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

I bought one in NE from a guy title transfer and registration way easy and insurance with American family easy and cheap

rabbit 06-28-2018 11:41 PM

Im from New Jersey and thinking of getting a Hawk. can any one help me find someone that'd had success in registering the bike please, thanks in advance!

Eman 07-12-2018 09:23 PM

CT is a go!

I just got my hawk and I had no issue reg it in CT so far I love the bike !

kc40437 07-13-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevites (Post 284506)
I'm looking to purchase a Hawk 250 - But I wanted to check and see if was legal in KY first.

Regards,
Mike

I'm also from KY and thinking of getting a Hawk but have the same question. My local DMV is checking but I haven't heard back from them in over a week. Would it be easier to get one plated if it was previously plated in another state?
If anyone can help answer this it would be greatly appreciated.

pistolclass 07-13-2018 09:58 AM

Hey Eman how did you get CT to work? Whcih DMV did you go too? Did you have to get vin verified in wethersfield?

I'm near Middletown.

Eman 07-13-2018 05:19 PM

Yes I went to wethersfield no issues get all your paper work in order first the women didn't say anything went right thru

Red Hawk 07-13-2018 09:49 PM

Pennsylvania

Successfull registration in Pennsylvania private title and tag. Went to a big chain T&T North East... got the usual horable service and L vin flak."oh it's from China". Took the MCO , bill of sale, and insurance to a local shop and walked out in 10 minuets. No issues. :)

I had a Honda 230crf, this hawk rides and runs just like it. With the right work, patience and sprocket ratio this makes an awesome trail bike. It's nice and light on the trails.

Ordered from TX powersports on Sunday landed in PA on Friday. 4th of July was in the middle of that week too. MCO came in the mail on the following Monday.

:thanks: For everyone's input and posts, this site is an encyclopedia of all things.

ChrisWNY 07-17-2018 10:13 AM

Wanted to add that I registered my Hawk 250 in NYS yesterday with no issues. Just bring MCO/MSO (bill of sale), FS-20 insurance cards, driver's license, cash/credit card, and fill out the sales tax form as well as the title/registration form (MV-82) and you're good to go. You'll get a temporary inspection card good for 10 days to get your motorcycle inspected. Be prepared to pay sales tax based on your County's sales tax %.

For anyone in NYS, here's the DMV link with everything you need to fill out and know for new motorcycle registrations:

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/regi...-title-vehicle

timetwosave 07-30-2018 08:34 PM

Colorado

I saw a hawk 250 drive by the other day in Colorado. Didn't get a chance to see the plates but it's hard to imagine it's an out of state registration. Any confirmation that the hawk can be registered in CO?