ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Poll - How did you get your bike??? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=2562)

TeamCheap 04-05-2008 05:19 AM

We bought two at the same time from an interent vendor sight unseen and got exactly the bikes pictured with zero problems getting the proper paperwork to register them for the road.

I did have a slight problem with mine and they replaced the part but I wasnt concerned as much with warranty as I was with parts availibility overall which at first was slim but now parts are much easier to get from various sources.

usmc-mustang 04-05-2008 11:31 AM

Second hand - Unseen (Ebay, Craig's List, etc.)

That doesnt make sense to me.. I bought mine off Craigs list, and saw a picture of it on Craigs list. I than went out to the sellers home and test rode it. Made a deal with him for $350, shook hands, and a title came out of his pocket and money came out of mine. It was surely not an unseen deal. Craigs list should not be on there. I have voted twice, this way It is correctly reported.

CrazyCarl 04-05-2008 11:41 AM

Maybe it's confusing but the way I see it is you saw the "second hand" (used) bike with your own eyeballs and took delivery (exchanged money for goods) from the seller "in person". This would be "Second hand - in person".

CC

Jim 04-05-2008 12:51 PM

On my first bike I bought it from the dealer, 6 month warranty was up before I had really put any miles on it since I bought it at the start of winter...

The second bike I bought straight from the distributor but forfeited my warranty for a better price and assembled the bike myself.

With the cheapness of parts, and the short duration of the warranty, I don't see a lot of need for it, unless the bike has issues out of the crate I think it should be good, granted things CAN go wrong, but nothing has on either of mine, and nothing major on my dads.

katoranger 04-05-2008 01:22 PM

The warranty was not even a selling point for me. Have not needed it.

Allen

kczukiman 04-05-2008 09:46 PM

These are 1200.00 bikes.The more you involve steps the more you pay for a 1200. bike.

04-06-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl
Where'd you order it from? What did you order?

CC

I ordered the black one....

https://motorcycles-wholesale.com/Ro...-Enduro-Bikes/

I recieved a "Thank you for your order" e-mail" Thats it!!!

9 days and waiting......

What do you think would be a reasonable time frame???

DannyB.

CrazyCarl 04-06-2008 05:43 AM

That's a good question and I don't have direct experience with ordering bikes for delivery. Other people may have a better idea, esp if they have used the same company.

When is the last time you called them?

CC

olds_cool 04-06-2008 05:34 PM

Bought mine from an online dealer who went out of business shortly after. Looking back, I probably should've just bought some underwear or socks instead!

04-06-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds_cool
Bought mine from an online dealer who went out of business shortly after. Looking back, I probably should've just bought some underwear or socks instead!

I feal much better now, Thank's!!

frostbite 04-06-2008 08:52 PM

I bought mine from a local dealer with a 1 year parts warranty. The warranty paid off big-time since I developed tranny issues and he replaced the entire engine for no charge. Of course I had to install myself but not a big deal on these bikes.

usmc-mustang 04-06-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's confusing but the way I see it is you saw the "second hand" (used) bike with your own eyeballs and took delivery (exchanged money for goods) from the seller "in person". This would be "Second hand - in person".

CC

Yes, but Craigs list was clearly stated. I would have placed it in a differnet area. It was not an ebay, or online used purchassed as it was catagorized.

As for how long to wait, 7 days. After that phones would begin ringing. You should always hear from them with 5 business days.

NewEnglandTrails 04-08-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

If this is accurate there's an obvious area where the market needs to be improved.

If you bought your bike from an internet vendor, how did you expect to handle any warranty work?

CC

For the 2 new China bikes and 1 new China atv I purchased unseen from internet vendors, the price I paid was so low, I did'nt have any expectatations of Warranty. They were the first bikes I ever purchased that were not second hand. What could go wrong? (knock on wood)
So far so good. However, without the community of knowledge that is offered on Chinariders.net, my experience would not be as pleasant as it has been.

NET

lamike 04-08-2008 02:47 PM

Found mine on the internet but ordered mine from Vbike on the phone unseen and shipped.

madmanjustice 04-08-2008 05:43 PM

i had to vote "other"

I got my Ratketa for $50 on Craigslist, but I i got it 3rd or 4th hand...not second. lol