ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   2018 KYMCO Spade (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19951)

SamM 11-05-2017 08:22 AM

The Bilt riding gear is looking good to me. They have a nice range of products at good prices. I have some ICON Super Duty apparel that is great and I’ll continue to use that. Especially, the Super Duty Kevlar pants. The Bilt Trojan riding boots look identical to the old Super Duty 2 boots from ICON. I loved those boots but wore them out.

SamM

jsumd 11-05-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamM (Post 268402)
The Bilt riding gear is looking good to me. They have a nice range of products at good prices. I have some ICON Super Duty apparel that is great and I’ll continue to use that. Especially, the Super Duty Kevlar pants. The Bilt Trojan riding boots look identical to the old Super Duty 2 boots from ICON. I loved those boots but wore them out.

SamM

The only thing I wouldn't recommend im bilt is the helmets. I bought one new and within a month or two it didn't fit right anymore. Not to mention the wind noise was really awful in it.

SamM 11-05-2017 08:00 PM

Thanks! I do like the Scorpion helmets. I was wearing a Scorpion Commander jacket when I had my accident. It worked great. My Nolan helmet saved my noggin too.

The Bilt explorer jacket in Sand will be my next jacket. I’ll go with tan ICON Super Duty gloves. The bike is brown or root beer, so it will look great.

SamM

jsumd 11-05-2017 09:44 PM

My jacket is a scorpion and I've really enjoyed it. It's still holding up after 5 years but I just feel like it's time for a new one. I'm really digging the looks of that bilt explorer. I may end up with one myself! Nice find! :)

BlackBike 11-05-2017 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 11132

I Iike the bike and the jacket, after a little research I decided not so much

$1200 touratech jacket alone . Always pick the most expensive thing on the rack:ohno:

jsumd 11-05-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 268451)
Attachment 11132

I Iike the bike and the jacket, after a little research I decided not so much

$1200 touratech jacket alone . Always pick the most expensive thing on the rack:ohno:

That jacket is "worth" more than any of my bikes :lmao:

BlackBike 11-05-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsumd (Post 268455)
That jacket is "worth" more than any of my bikes :lmao:

Haha, exactly. Thats what i thought too :lmao: mine was $1150 so the jackets more expensive

SamM 11-06-2017 06:32 PM

We are leaving tonight at Midnight to go get the Spade. My buddy Rob is going with me. It’s about a 7 hour trip.

SamM

jsumd 11-06-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamM (Post 268494)
We are leaving tonight at Midnight to go get the Spade. My buddy Rob is going with me. It’s about a 7 hour trip.

SamM

Safe travels! Dont forget those pics! :tup:

Azhule 11-07-2017 10:18 AM

Waiting here with my popcorn, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics :clap:

SamM 11-07-2017 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked the bike up this morning. It was a very painless transaction. The guys at Team Powersports were great. It’s great to buy bikes from enthusiasts. We left at Midnight. Slept about an hour before the dealership opened. Headed home now. Stopped at Denny’s for a great breakfast.

My first impression of the bike are, that it is the best playbike in the category. I have big plans for it but I need to get my Coleman CT200U finished up first.

The young man in the picture is my salesman Dylan.

SamM

jsumd 11-07-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamM (Post 268569)
Picked the bike up this morning. It was a very painless transaction. The guys at Team Powersports were great. It’s great to buy bikes from enthusiasts. We left at Midnight. Slept about an hour before the dealership opened. Headed home now. Stopped at Denny’s for a great breakfast.

My first impression of the bike are, that it is the best playbike in the category. I have big plans for it but I need to get my Coleman CT200U finished up first.

SamM

Nice! I really like the looks of it! Let us know how the maiden voyage goes!

BlackBike 11-07-2017 08:54 PM

Makin memories !

SamM 11-08-2017 10:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, today I’m back in the world of the living. Just slept for over 12 hours after that flyin’ trip to North Carolina yesterday. The guys at Team Powersports were great to work with. It was a very simple process and efficient. I took a nice test ride and I can honestly say that I love the bike.

As I said before, I do plan some modifications. All the lights will be replaced with LEDs, the centerstand will be removed, new handlebars, mirrors, grips and levers. The seat may get thickened and recovered in tan leather to match some tan grips. This would really set the bike off aesthetically. The stickers will all be removed today.

The bike spent the night outside on the rack that I hauled it home on, with the Jeep. I’ll get it inside shortly and clean it up.

There are several companies looking at doing rear shocks for the Spade. Progressive and RFY are the latest names that I have heard. I’ll be calling MNNTHBOX and making an order with them soon. Thanks for watching. If you have any questions, suggestions or thoughts please post and I will answer them.

SamM

SamM 11-11-2017 09:50 AM

A new CREE LED headlight, new LED turn signals, a muffler, and piggyback rear shocks are on the way for my Spade. Handlebars, front SS brake cable, grips and mirrors will be next. It’s been too cold to do any riding with it. Hoping for warmer temps in the next week or two.

Yesterday, I purchased a new 5’X8’ enclosed trailer for the Spade. Next June, we will be going down to the Smoky Mountain Crawl sponsored by MNNTHBX. The trailer will be the base of operations. Tie downs and a few other things need to be purchased for the trailer to have it ready to go. We have a lot of time.

SamM