ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Honda NC700X (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12274)

pete 04-29-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider
Congratulations on acquiring the new Versys, Pete. :) Please do start a new thread in our Other Stuff Forum; we would love to learn more about the Versys. :)

Spud :)

8O have I got a new Versys ?.... do you know something I don't ?
have you sent one over to me... Ok now yer on my Xmas card list...

Don't you wish! :lol: I make a mistake, and should have congratulated David, instead of you, Pete. ;) I corrected my original post. :P

Spud :lol:

:x ..So yer sent David a new Versy's and not me...
Ok..no xmas cards for you...

SpudRider 04-29-2013 11:57 AM

:lol:

Spud :lol:

cheesy 10-17-2015 03:54 PM

Just giving this a bump because I rode one today.

:tup::tup::tup:

It's a 2014 with less than 200 miles on it. All black. It belongs to a cycling buddy of me who asked me to come over to look at. I know when I first saw a pic of one, I wasn't too impressed but seeing one in the flesh and parking my backside on it for a few miles, my mind was changed.

What I liked-gobs of low end torque, quiet, smoother ride than the CX. Fuel injected, good seating position, low seat height, fairly light, brakes only require a light touch, gear indicator.

What I didn't like, but probably could get used to-Instruments don't turn with the bars, horn button and turn signal switch have their position swapped. Saddle is uncomfortable at first sit but(t) does improve after a few minutes of riding. Sooner downshifts required when slowing (chug chug chug). Not as powerful or quick as the CX. It also has this metal thing that loops continuously between the rear wheel and the engine. I believe it is known as chain.

I have no plans to purchase one but it was nice to ride something that's isn't nearly 40 years old.

Mudflap 10-17-2015 05:13 PM

I thought the NC700X would have been faster than the CX being newer technology and more displacement... and I don't get the chain drive on a street bike idea either.

cheesy 10-17-2015 08:54 PM

It was all subjective from butt feel and the fact I was riding the NC in a residential area. Spec-wise, they are near identical. HP is equivalent; 50 for CX, 51 for the NC. 1/4 mile times are almost equal as are 0-100mph times. The CX is no slouch, but the NC outshines the CX on the low end, nearly one second faster at 0-60. The newer technology is what makes it shine on the low end and gas mileage. The NC has a similar range with a 1.2 gallon smaller tank.

Weldangrind 10-18-2015 11:39 AM

Shows how much I (don't) know. I thought the NC was a CVT deal.

cheesy 10-18-2015 06:49 PM

The NC700X is available with either a 6 speed manual or a dual clutch automatic. The dual clutch also has ABS.

SpudRider 10-18-2015 09:54 PM

I like the NC700X. Thanks for posting your impressions of it, Cheesy. :)

jct842 10-19-2015 02:29 AM

Guess I show my age when I say I am not fond of the styling of most modern bikes with all the angular lines including the KLX that I bought in july. Some have called them transformer like styles. To see all of the engine and a rounded gas tank is a motorcycle to me, and a street bike does not have a windshield either!

fratermus 10-19-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 194858)
What I liked-gobs of low end torque, quiet, smoother ride than the CX. Fuel injected, good seating position, low seat height, fairly light, brakes only require a light touch, gear indicator.

Feels relatively light, but it's close to 500# wet. Seems lighter than one would expect because carries it low due to the canted/rotated engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 194858)
What I didn't like, but probably could get used to-Instruments don't turn with the bars, horn button and turn signal switch have their position swapped.

Ugh, I've had the bike a year and still hate the horn-signal position. Other than that it meets my road needs very nicely. I commute an average of 1000mi/month on it.

Huck369 10-19-2015 11:01 AM

I too hate the swapped Horn/Turn signal switches.....but otherwise, I love the bike...

cheesy 10-19-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fratermus (Post 195059)
Feels relatively light, but it's close to 500# wet. Seems lighter than one would expect because carries it low due to the canted/rotated engine.

The CX is on the portly side, too, and I agree that lower CG due to the engine design makes all the difference.